Who are the active "elite" QB's?

I'm not. I'm simply saying if you ARE going to just look at Super Bowls then you should take time frame into that equation. Brady winning a SB almost a decade ago is not an indicator of elite status.

Just ignore the 2 very close ones since then? Yea he's been to 5 but he lost the last two. What a bum.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Rogers is the best QB in the NFL IMO. Eli is right behind him, and is elite as well. And Giants are winning the superbowl again. Mark it down

Eli is elite and it's sad he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

To put it into perspective:

Tom Brady 8 years into his career: 26,446 yards, 197 TD's, 86 INT's, 3 Rings

Eli Manning 8 years into his career: 31,009 yards, 205 TD's, 142 INT', 2 Rings

Tom's stat line is slightly better. But they are clearly both Elite.

...there is just no way Big Ben should be left off the list too. Big Ben has been consistently great in this league pretty much since he came into the league and has played HUGE in the big games, especially the Super Bowls.

Not against Seattle. The Steelers won in spite of Roehlisberger's play (9/21, 123 yards, 2 INTs). He did rush 7 times for 28 yards and a TD, but he was putrid in that game and they probably deserved to lose. Antwaan Randle-El threw the game-winning TD.

Not against Seattle. The Steelers won in spite of Roehlisberger's play (9/21, 123 yards, 2 INTs). He did rush 7 times for 28 yards and a TD, but he was putrid in that game and they probably deserved to lose. Antwaan Randle-El threw the game-winning TD.

So you want to use a single game to define whether he is Elite? A game in which was his first game back coming back from injury? This one game decides if he is Elite, not the multiple SB rings and constant success he has led his team to? Not the Pro Bowls? Not the great stats? Not the consistency of being very good?

That makes no sense...I guess Rodgers and Brady are not Elite either because they had off games they lost too this year, and none were coming off injury.

Elite does not mean perfect every game, come on, lets be real here.

I was just responding to the point "[ben] has played HUGE in the big games, especially the Super Bowls."

And he has...one game coming off injury does not change that or take away his rings or accolades. Not to mention the injuries to his OL and RB's

Edited by Alphadawg7

And I would say that he played very well in one Super Bowl but poorly in the other.

You know he played in 3 right? The one he played poor in was the first one when he was in his second year, but he also personally converted 8 first downs to help his team win. He played very good in the other one he won, and very good in the one he lost to GB where GB narrowly held them off in what was a very good SB.

Big Ben has led his team to 3 SB's and winning two and he is still in his prime. He was a key part of their success his entire time in Pitt...he is Elite, and one game coming off injury doesn't erase that is all I am saying.

Edited by Alphadawg7

You obviously are a huge fan of his - vs. GB Roehlisberger's rating was 77.4. Picked off twice, including one for a TD. Rodgers completely outplayed him and will easily surpass him as far as legacy is concerned.

LOL, not a big fan of his, just a big fan of football. 3 super bowls, 2 wins in just 8 years in the league. Yeah, nothing special there right. Not to mention, Big Ben has been the main cog of that team for a long time now, including their SB win over AZ which was outstanding. And he did play well against GB, but you forget GB had the #2 D in the league and the DPOY and was no slouch. Every SB a QB plays better than the other, in this case it was Rodgers, probably the best QB in the NFL (at least top 2 or 3). Doesnt change the fact that Big Ben is also an elite QB. Rodgers is better than Big Ben, but Big Ben is still better than most QB's in the league and arguably top 5 or at least top 6.

Roethlisberger has benefited from probably the best defense in the league throughout his entire career. Also a top running game. There is more to this than rings.

It was fully on the back of that defense that engineered clutch game winning drives in fourth quarters.

Roethlisberger has benefited from probably the best defense in the league throughout his entire career. Also a top running game. There is more to this than rings.

Um, Pitt hasnt been the top D most of his career. It was dominant when he first came into the league, and has always been a good D, but not even close to the best D each year.

And, last I checked the Pitt D was on the sidelines when Big Ben is on the field being very productive and leading game winning drives in the playoffs and SB.