Anybody see the Auburn kickoff return last night

LabattBlue

VT kicks off and as the return man hits the 5 yard line, 4 other Auburn teammates run towards him into a huddle formation and then a second later, they all start sprinting in different directions with one of the other players having the ball. They only got to the 20 yard line and obviously didn't fool VT, but it was funny none the less. I don't ever remember seeing this in all my years of watching college & pro football.

VT kicks off and as the return man hits the 5 yard line, 4 other Auburn teammates run towards him into a huddle formation and then a second later, they all start sprinting in different directions with one of the other players having the ball.  They only got to the 20 yard line and obviously didn't fool VT, but it was funny none the less.  I don't ever remember seeing this in all my years of watching college & pro football.

192543[/snapback]

I always loved that play, teams run it from time to time in high school. Like you said you usually dont see much of it in college or the pros.

If the KO team stays in their lanes it works as it did for the Hokies.  However if the KO team does not stay in their lanes any return works the way it DID for the Titans a few years ago.  :lol:

192723[/snapback]

Too bad Frank Beamer wasn't coaching the Bills that year. :)

Great quote in there by Bruce:

DeHaven says the Tennessee loss and his subsequent firing were certainly the low points of his professional career, and he admits to having watched the replay of the runback many times. But unlike many people in professional athletics, he has perspective. "It's not life and death,'' he says. "The great thing about football is that there's always next week and next season. You can't afford to rest on your laurels if you win, and if you have a setback you need to push ahead.''

Bruce told them to stay in their lanes:

http://www.failuremag.com/arch_sports_missmiracle.html

That's what the coaches talk about when they say there was a "failure to execute the plays."

192904[/snapback]

Oh I have no doubt (I was kidding)....basic rules of KO coverage. Why on earth would you do anything differently with 15 seconds to go in the game? Firing BD was a stupid move.

Which is EXACTLY what happens when you let emotion and fan response dictate how you run your franchise.

192936[/snapback]

And you decide that you need to scapegoat one person as the reason for the team's failure to win.

Which is EXACTLY what happens when you let emotion and fan response dictate how you run your franchise.

192936[/snapback]

Aw come on, don't you think that the Bills would be much better off if all draft choices, free agent signings and contract deals were handled via polls on TSW??

;)

Which is why I blame cowbell.  Inanimate objects don't fight back very hard.

192964[/snapback]

...and you can argue the blame for it as easily as anything or anyone else.

"I can personally guarantee you that if taterhill had not taken up the cowbell avatar, we would have won. Try and prove otherwise."