Wanny v. Jags and Upcoming weeks

To those of you who saw the game.

Did Wanny mix up the D Line a bit with different looks, stunts, blitzes or did we get sacks just with a basic front four??

What did we do differently? Execute?? Is that all it is??

These next two games hinge on the D Line producing again. I can see some success against the Rams O Line, but Seattle has one of the best O Lines in the league. That being said, if the Bills are looking to make a run at it, the D Line needs to show up and dominate the Rams next week. Our running game has proven it can carry this team...but we need penetration and hurries from the front four.

Go Bills!!

Looks like Wanny played the weather. I wasn't there but it looked like one of those classic wet and windy days at the Ralph. A day where there is not much going deep and even short passes are an adventure in that cross field wind. As the Buffalo Snooze article alluded to, Wanny played the short passes all game.

GO BILLS!!!

The only thing that I noticed is they didn't drop any linemen. Was a 4 man rush pretty much the whole game with blitzes tossed in here and there. Also, coverage seemed to be better which will help produce the sacks.

Hence the term "coverage sack"???

I just have a feeling if the D Line was playing like this against Tenn. and Jets and Niners, we may have seen a different outcome (although Gore rushed for about 600 yds that day).

We need Wanny to keep doing what he is doing (whatever that is) for the next two games. Rush 4, each one of them execute, blitz here and there, let the young guys in to give the big guys a break. Mix it up a little. Really want them to put Marshawn on his butt a few times...Bradham might be the guy to do that.

Hence the term "coverage sack"???

I just have a feeling if the D Line was playing like this against Tenn. and Jets and Niners, we may have seen a different outcome (although Gore rushed for about 600 yds that day).

We need Wanny to keep doing what he is doing (whatever that is) for the next two games. Rush 4, each one of them execute, blitz here and there, let the young guys in to give the big guys a break. Mix it up a little. Really want them to put Marshawn on his butt a few times...Bradham might be the guy to do that.

I think the D has generally been improving since the bye. I don't think they played that badly against Houston (New England doesn't count because they were probably still cheating somehow), Miami, & Indy. I just wished they got it much earlier in the season....

I think the D has generally been improving since the bye. I don't think they played that badly against Houston (New England doesn't count because they were probably still cheating somehow), Miami, & Indy. I just wished they got it much earlier in the season....

At this point, I actually wouldn't have a problem with Wannstedt returning. Needs a LB here or there, and needs to commit to the blitz once in a while (but he has done that, recently). The defense has improved while the offense has regressed. With the exception of LB, this looks like the team I thought we had going in. Solid defense (again with the exception of LB), great running, good receivers and O-line, and a below-average QB.