2013 Summer Movie: "Pacific Rim" Teaser

Mark Vader

I do not know if this is the official teaser trailer, but all I can say is that director Guillermo Del Toro's Super Robots Vs. Kaiju Monsters movie, is going to be F*#!ING AWESOME!!!!

I give you, "Pacific Rim":

http://www.fandango....sco-727289.html

Of all the summer movies scheduled for 2013, and there will be plenty to get excited about, this is the one I am most excited to see.

It will be a great way to start-up the excitement for the "Godzilla" reboot in 2014.

Edited by Mark Vader

So they remade Cloverfield? Hopefully this time it doesn't suck...

:lol:

I understand why people will get that impression after seeing this clip. Believe me, this will not be like "Cloverfield".

This is a movie that is under-the-radar at the moment, so it does not have the known commodity of other summer films like "Iron Man 3", "Star Trek: Into Darkness", "Monsters University", or "The Hangover 3". Nor does it have name recognition like "Man of Steel" or "The Lone Ranger".

When people get a more comprehensive trailer, and we see more monsters and get a glimpse of the robots, then this movie will get serious hype.

When people get a more comprehensive trailer, and we see more monsters and get a glimpse of the robots...

That's great, because when I was watching Cloverfield, I was thinking "This is pretty good, but you know what it needs? Mechagodzilla."

That, and two Korean pixies singing to a giant moth.

Hey I liked Cloverfield. Not sure why it gets the bad rap.

Neither do I. "Cloverfield" is a fun movie.

A lot of people hate the handheld camera movies, so that is probably a big reason why it gets a bad rap.

As I stated before though, "Pacific Rim" will be far different than "Cloverfield".

Because they took such a great idea with so much potential and turned it into a bunch of cliches and a stupid looking monster...

Cliches aside, I thought the monster design was quite awesome. Neville Page is astoundingly brilliant and the possible heir to Stan Winston's throne. Give him another decade.