Spiller 4th Quarter Carries

HeatsPix

Anybody know how many carries CJ got in the 4th?

Not enough. Also, does anyone know whty Chan Gailey did not call a time out before the 2 miniute warnomg? He basically gave a pime out away. Lucky for him, the D didn't make the clutch play to get the ball back.

They were down 14 heading into the 4th quarter, they shouldn't be handing the ball of that often.

The problem wasn't his 4th quarter carries it was the carries up until that point. If Spiller is running well and Fitz is struggling why does Chan keep calling Fitz's number?

They went to him 4 times in the 4th qrtr; twice early and then on the last two offensive plays we had.

He accounted for 0 total yards on those 4 plays

I really can't tell if you are being serious or not.

His 2 carries came at the start of the 4th. In the same drive where he had a 41 yard run followed by a 6 yarder(3rd quarter & both from a run formation).

That drive resulted in our only TD.

His 2 receptions....after Fitz had thrown his INT....a horrible screen pass on 2nd & 4 from the shotgun....and then the typical "throw it to the RB on the move" on 3rd & 8(which the Colts were ready for).

Are you really suggesting that Spiller is kept out of the game due to his inability to perform at crunch time?

Not enough. Also, does anyone know whty Chan Gailey did not call a time out before the 2 miniute warnomg? He basically gave a pime out away. Lucky for him, the D didn't make the clutch play to get the ball back.

they called one at 2:17 after the first down at 2:09 he let it go to the two minute warning- then called the final two after but we couldnt stop them

Are you really suggesting that Spiller is kept out of the game due to his inability to perform at crunch time?

My guess is he's kept out of the game in crunch time because the team is going to be passing and FJ picks up the blitz much better than Spiller.

I really can't tell if you are being serious or not.

His 2 carries came at the start of the 4th. In the same drive where he had a 41 yard run followed by a 6 yarder(3rd quarter & both from a run formation).

That drive resulted in our only TD.

His 2 receptions....after Fitz had thrown his INT....a horrible screen pass on 2nd & 4 from the shotgun....and then the typical "throw it to the RB on the move" on 3rd & 8(which the Colts were ready for).

I never suggested any such thing.

I simply relayed his 4th qrtr numbers that somebody asked for.

My guess is he's kept out of the game in crunch time because the team is going to be passing and FJ picks up the blitz much better than Spiller.

of course with over 5 minutes left, down by one touchdown you never ever run....

oh wait...thats not right

I never suggested any such thing.

I simply relayed his 4th qrtr numbers that somebody asked for.

Actually.....I did that in post #2.

His carries were what was asked for....of which he had 2.

You had me wondering at your reasons for adding the information of the two passes thrown to him.....and the total yards of his being zero.

Actually.....I did that in post #2.

His carries were what was asked for....of which he had 2.

You had me wondering at your reasons for adding the information of the two passes thrown to him.....and the total yards of his being zero.

I guess I was just pointing out that the guy is not some sort of panacea that cures everything.

There's dozens of people on this board repeatedly screeching about his touches, as if all we have to do is get him the ball and things will magically be great; but that's just not how it works.

If everybody isn't doing their jobs, you can give him the ball as much as you want but still end up with 4 touches for 0 yards.

I guess I was just pointing out that the guy is not some sort of panacea that cures everything.

There's dozens of people on this board repeatedly screeching about his touches, as if all we have to do is get him the ball and things will magically be great; but that's just not how it works.

If everybody isn't doing their jobs, you can give him the ball as much as you want but still end up with 4 touches for 0 yards.

Sure, he's not a cure-all. But is there anyone on team that you'd rather have with the ball in their hands?

Looks like when he gets the ball things have a chance of being great. Not so much for Fitz and Freddie Jax