Will Kerry go the way of Dukkakis and Bush 41?

OnTheRocks

Will Kerry's quote of, " I voted for it before I voted against it",

...be his Willie Horton?

Will it be Bush 41's "Read my lips" ?

Is it possible that a single quote or a single event can cost a candidate the election?

I am not talking about those who follow a close party affiliation. But for those who are "undecideds" that only begin paying attention when the conventions begin and the debates take place....Kerry is in bigger trouble than Bush.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

A show of enthusiasm cost Howard Dean the nomination.

I would have much rather seen Howard lose and be himself rather than Kerry win and be a spineless, Taxachusetts jellyfish.

Freedom and Unity

Senators seldom make good Presidential candidates. One view of the Senate is that of a Medieval court - full of comprimise, selfishness, backstabbing and so forth. Senators constantly say one think today and say the opposite tomorrow. The upshot being that when a Senator is in the limelight, they have difficulty not looking like a charletan. There have been exceptions - Humphrey, Leiberman, Dole and Goldwater come to mind - but they were unusual in that they were consistent fellows. But losers all. Gore had his VP experience to shield him to a good degree.

...be his Willie Horton?

Is it possible that a single quote or a single event can cost a candidate the election?

I am not talking about those who follow a close party affiliation.  But for those who are "undecideds" that only begin paying attention when the conventions begin and the debates take place....Kerry is in bigger trouble than Bush.

14234[/snapback]

I think you are right. The one thing that GW has done successfully over the years, is say incredibly stupid things, and then refuse to qualify his remarks, or back off of them. He once said someting to the effect of, "that's what they call the "gotcha'" game, and I don't play that game." People seem to respect him for that. Kerry makes the mistake, over and over again, of trying to explain himself, in in the process sound like a flip-flopper. All of these guys try to speak in sound-bites now (it seems to be the only thing people can understand) without thinking about what they mean. If Bush is quuestioned about what he says, he merely answers with more sound-bites. The political landscape is pretty sad shape.... :lol:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Unfortunitely for the Democrats, Dean's meltdown made Kerry look normal.

14647[/snapback]

I have worked with Howard Dean before... he's a very good man who got blitzed by all the major networks. I may not agree with all of his positions, but I greatly respect him as a person and as a leader... He's too good for the presidency.

I have worked with Howard Dean before... he's a very good man who got blitzed by all the major networks. I may not agree with all of his positions, but I greatly respect him as a person and as a leader... He's too good for the presidency.

14703[/snapback]

But evidently not too good for the insurance industry. :lol:

14703[/snapback]

Heeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :lol:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Yes, I like Howard Dean. He's a real guy, unlike !@#@! KERRY...

Go on laugh. I GUARANTEE Dean's never been called Ketchup Dean! hahaha

:lol:

Yes, I like Howard Dean. He's a real guy, unlike !@#@! KERRY...

Go on laugh. I GUARANTEE Dean's never been called Ketchup Dean! hahaha

:lol:

14758[/snapback]

I really don't have a gigantic problem with Howard Dean. He seemed likeable enough, but I'm not sure about his politics on the national level.

I really don't have a gigantic problem with Howard Dean.  He seemed likeable enough, but I'm not sure about his politics on the national level.

14839[/snapback]

At the very least I think he's more honest than Kerry (i.e. more willing to be himself, rather than portray the image he thinks he should). And smarter than Bush, his "I Have a Scream" speech notwithstanding.

At the very least I think he's more honest than Kerry (i.e. more willing to be himself, rather than portray the image he thinks he should).  And smarter than Bush, his "I Have a Scream" speech notwithstanding.

15007[/snapback]

But he also insinuated, if not right out said, that Bush knew about the 9-11 attack before it happened. A sinister plot that Bush was part of, for some diobolical reason. Please? Wait till he finds out about the Aliens that are here that the Bush administration has kept hidden because they want to...uhmm. Maybe I shouldn't be telling you any of this.

But he also insinuated, if not right out said, that Bush knew about the 9-11 attack before it happened.  A sinister plot that Bush was part of, for some diobolical reason.  Please?  Wait till he finds out about the Aliens that are here that the Bush administration has kept hidden because they want to...uhmm.  Maybe I shouldn't be telling you any of this.

15018[/snapback]

Of course Bush knew. Who do you think launced the supersonic cruise missile at the Pentagon? :blink:

...be his Willie Horton?

I am not talking about those who follow a close party affiliation.  But for those who are "undecideds" that only begin paying attention when the conventions begin and the debates take place....Kerry is in bigger trouble than Bush.

14234[/snapback]

I don't know if it can or it can't, but I think when the dust settles and if Kerry loses, it will be the thing people point at. Alternately, if Bush loses, it could very well be his comment that he doesn't think you can win the war on terror.

The American Idol crowd can't mentally absorb more than that, so your thinking stands to reason.

I don't know if it can or it can't, but I think when the dust settles and if Kerry loses, it will be the thing people point at. Alternately, if Bush loses, it could very well be his comment that he doesn't think you can win the war on terror.

The American Idol crowd can't mentally absorb more than that, so your thinking stands to reason.

15673[/snapback]

Well now I am confused:

Are they Polly's

lemmings

hot pocket crowds

American Idol crowds

etc...

Make up your mind? :devil: