Bills Keepers & Sleepers

Just thought I would actually think about and write down which players I would keep as we continue to rebuild.

Offense:

1. QB- Ryan Fitzpatrick---keeper....but still need future franchise qb in the draft.

2. Fred Jackson---Keeper..Love this guy...please don't drop it though.

3. CJ Spiller----keeper....the face of our franchise.

4. Corey Mcintyre--keeper but who really cares.

5. Steve Johnson-- Keeper

6. Donald Jones--Sleeper...bye bye

7 T.J graham---keeper for now

8 David Nelson--Sleeper...I know he is an easy guy to root for and some will say he's great in the slot...uhhh bye bye.

9. Brad Smith-- Sleeper....biggest waste of time and money.

10. Marcus Easly---Sleeper....Don't give me he's going to be good when given the chance....You will be using a walker and saying the same thing in 40 years.

11 Scott Chandler--keeper but he is starting to wear out my patience.

12. I would keep the whole offensive line as they are a pretty solid group and are aware of the system.

(urbik, Pears, Wood, Levitre, Glenn, Hairston, Rinehart)

Defense:

1. Mario williams---Keeper....unfortunetly we have no choice

2. Kyle Moore---Keeper..I see a high ceiling of potential.

3.Marcell Dareus----Keeper....but needs to get in better shape and be more of a run stopper since he has no ability to rush the passer.

4. Spencer Johnson---Sleeper....like him but he is easily replaceable

5.Kyle Williams---Keeper

6.Mark Anderson---Keeper....please stay healthy

7. Kelsay--Sleeper...It's time guys...it's time. he's like the old dog you don't want to put down and it's dragging itself across the floor.

8. Shawn Merriman---Sleeper...just not working out.

9.Nigel Bradham---Keeper...bone head rookie but the potential is there.

10.Arthur Moats---Sleeper...he had one good hit on favre...get over it.

11. Kelvin Sheppard---Keeper but not very happy with him all the time.

12. Kirk Morrison...Sleeper----bye bye

13. Nick Barnett--Sleeper....he was a ball hawk last year but his age is catching up to him now.

14. Bryan Scott--Sleeper...he is too worried about dancing and singing in tights on stage.

15. Aaron Williams--Sleeper...I just hate his play. I know he's young but he is pretty bad.

16. Leodis McKelvin----Keeper...special teams.

17.Stephon Gimore--Keeper...I have to say I'm not sure he is going to be a shutdown corner though.

18. Jairus Byrd---Keeper....best tackler on the team...and he's a safety...sad but true.

19. George Wilson---Sleeper..He's too worried about looking pretty and posing in his underwear for magazines.

I think Donald Jones has been a bright spot this season all things considered. Don't see him going anywhere especially if Chan and Co. are in command.

Also, how are you using the term 'sleeper?' Breakout? To be cut?

Edited by stony

Sleepers are guys to get released...I know in fantasy terms they are quiet bright spots but in this case they are just tired and asleep.

I don't hate Donald Jones.. I really don't...but he's not a true #2.

Youre right about not being a No. 2, but new GM/coach or not, he's played himself onto the 2013 roster.

Edited by stony

Sleepers are guys to get released...I know in fantasy terms they are quiet bright spots but in this case they are just tired and asleep.

So because he is not a number 2 we release him? I don't get that line of thinking.

Maybe he's a bottom level number 2 receiver in the nfl. But he is definitely an NFL caliber wideout. So hold onto him because you need atleast 5 NFL caliber receivers.

regardless of what number he is, donald jones can play. and if he is the number 2 or three guy out there i have a lot of confidence that he can beat the 2nd or third dback and make a nice play.

So because he is not a number 2 we release him? I don't get that line of thinking.

Maybe he's a bottom level number 2 receiver in the nfl. But he is definitely an NFL caliber wideout. So hold onto him because you need atleast 5 NFL caliber receivers.

I guess the OP doesn't understand the concept of "depth." It's 53 starters or bust with him. Players like Jones, Nelson, and Kelsay will definitely be on the roster next year. I also suspect that Barnett, Scott, and Wilson are not quite as bad as they have been looking so far (the DC is partly to blame). At the very least I think those 3 have value as backups next season.

I am fully aware of a 53 man roster and the importance of backups to play a role in ball games...However Nelson, Barnett, Wilson Jones, are all starters...and this team is obviously not talented enough to win ball games....So if your telling me that all of those players will be back next year looks like we will be looking at the same play then..

How did I shoot myself in the foot...eveybody says Fitz is a good backup...and he would be if we get a rookie in the draft and start him next year...Yes I know it's not like Chan and Buddy to throw a rookie in first year and put him in a bad situation. That's exactly why I validated it...Do we have any better options???

Did you know: We are the only fans in America that ADORES a QB with a starting record of 18-31 for that team...and who can't throw over 20 yards...

We are 18-31 under this QB's noodle armed command!

Yea, but he has a downside too. Sometimes he misses on a lot of passes less (by a lot) than 20 yards.

Yea, but he has a downside too. Sometimes he misses on a lot of passes less (by a lot) than 20 yards.

That 3rd down play, where Futz was throwing a 3 yard pass to Chandler on the opening drive vs. KC... Futz threw it at his feet.

That will always be burned in my memory of what 'The Fitzpatrick' years were like!