Still have to go Defense heavy in 13' Draft

Bufcomments

Even tho we need a QB to develop we need D more. Our LB's have to be the worst in the league right now.

So the question is D in the first round again??. Say what you want about Fitz, dude put points on the board. If we can play better Defense we have more chances to score.

I dont think there a QB like Luck in nexts yrs draft. So do we take the best MLB on the board? what yall think?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB is #1 first off the Bills can't come out of the first round with out a QB & the team needs a second WR to free up Stevie Johnson then you work on the Defense but there are whys around things I say trade Fred Jackson to say the Lions or Falcons two teams with no or old RBs if you can get a 4th to 5th that would help step up in Free Agency

Now How do you do that well Hire a coach players want to play for Chip Kelly could be that guy he'd be New Blood in the NFL The Bills have to think outside of the box because wht they hve did isn't working

Did you not watch Donald Jones all year? He's been good to great (especially if he gets ball more)

WR in draft should be last option IMO

Thank you! The receiving corps is actually fairly decent. Not the huge need we (or at least I) thought coming into this year. Some depth still wouldn't be a bad thing but they are very solid at the top. Nelson has been spectacular!

Based on where this team appears to be headed, I would get behind drafting a guy like Manti Teo in the first round all day. Fitzpatrick isn't the problem. Anyone who knows anything about the NFL knows that if your offense is scoring 31 points that you should win most of those games. Once again, they lost the turnover battle. They were -3 in that department. Notwithstanding everything else, a team that's +3 in turnovers will win the ballgame about 95% of the time based on history. Why is CJ Spiller not getting the ball more? The guy is electric on the field and averaging 7.3 YPC and yet they stubbornly split with Freddy every game. It's manic bad logic from the coaching staff. The linebackers are a huge weakness on this team. They can't cover and can't fill the gaps to stop the run. That's why this offense runs out of gas at the end of games. Stop someone!

Outside of RB, the team can use a significant upgrade at just about any position.

Disagree. This team has talent in a lot of areas. It's severely lacking talent in 3 core positions: QB, WR, LB and, to a lesser degree, SS.

OL is solid to good, RBs are the best in the league, DL is fine.

This team has no NFL LBs on the roster (outside of maybe NB) and a bunch of #4 WRs behind Stevie. And of course a QB who can't win.

Disagree. This team has talent in a lot of areas. It's severely lacking talent in 3 core positions: QB, WR, LB and, to a lesser degree, SS.

OL is solid to good, RBs are the best in the league, DL is fine.

This team has no NFL LBs on the roster (outside of maybe NB) and a bunch of #4 WRs behind Stevie. And of course a QB who can't win.

i really think that the talent at wr is overall pretty good, especially when david nelson comes back. could we use an upgrade in there somewhere? absolutely. is it a priority? i don't think so. but, that's just my opinion.

i really think that the talent at wr is overall pretty good, especially when david nelson comes back. could we use an upgrade in there somewhere? absolutely. is it a priority? i don't think so. but, that's just my opinion.

Nelson is a slot WR who struggles on the outside and has a limited skill set. Jones drops too many balls and struggles against physical corners too much to be a reliable #2. TJ could develop but it's too soon to judge. This team has absolutely no WRs who strike fear into any opposing defenses. Not even Stevie, who is great but a possession receiver.

Of course, it's moot since there is no QB on the roster who can deliver a catchable ball past 12 yards. Sooooo

Donald Jones had repeatedly shown he can play. The problem is that everytime Donald Jones shows he can play he seems to get injured in the process. If Donald Jones can stay healthy and start producing before week 5-6 of a season and David Nelson comes back healthy than our wr core isn't bad. I think we could stand to use more of a pure receiving option at te opposite Chandler. Nothing against Chandler but in todays NFL I think you need 2 te's one of whom should be the seem splitter. Yes we should go defensive heavy in the draft. Yes we should draft a qb early. No he shouldn't start right away.

We have gone D heavy in every one of Nix's drafts.

Troupe Carrington Moats Batten, Dareus Williams Shepperd Searcy Rodgers, Gilmore Bradham Brooks Carder

2 of our top 3 picks in 2010, 4 of our top 5 picks in 2011, and our top pick this year all on defense and only two are really starting. (Williams stinks and I doubt he starts when he is back and Shep stinks and plays so little I would consider B Scott to the be the starter as he plays so much more)

And in two high dollar DL free agents and a hand-picked D cordinator and you get the worst defense in the league, maybe in league history. If Nix could get the job done we would have a strong young D but clearly that is not the case.

Edited by peterpan