Hit on Fred..How is that not called??

Bufcomments

Looking at the hit by Spikes on Freddie late in the game again on reply. That was a direct hit to the helmet. WTF?

How is that not called? You can hit a guy like that. The refs really should be fined for not calling 15 yds unsportsman like on the play.

I agree with Fitz, he is a punk ass. He will get fined by the league. But we dont get a call. Wow.

only in FoxZebraland.

Looking at the hit by Spikes on Freddie late in the game again on reply. That was a direct hit to the helmet. WTF?

How is that not called? You can hit a guy like that. The refs really should be fined for not calling 15 yds unsportsman like on the play.

I agree with Fitz, he is a punk ass. He will get fined by the league. But we dont get a call. Wow.

only in FoxZebraland.

Was he a defenseless Player? No, he ws lowering himself for the impact

Was he a QB? No, not at all..

Those are the only blows to the head rules.. RB (or in this case WR running with the ball) have no said protection.. Look it up.

Those are the only blows to the head rules.. RB (or in this case WR running with the ball) have no said protection.. Look it up.

A runner already in the grasp of tacklers and having his forward progress stopped is considered to be "defenseless," per the NFL rules.

It was a cheap shot and should have been called. It's the classic referee's blowing Tom Brady and the Cheatriots, like they do every weekend. There's very few guys in the league that when they take a hard shot that I'm glad. Brady is one of those guys.

Helmet to helmet hits are allowed unless you are considered defenseless. Edited by Carey Bender

You haven't been allowed to load up that chicken wing and send it at a guy's head for 30+ years now. As a Pats fan, you oughta know that seeing as it's the exact same technique that paralyzed Darryl Stingley right before it became outlawed.

Helmet to helmet hits are allowed unless you are considered defenseless.

there are a number of definitions as to what is considered "defenseless" in the NFL Rule Book.

Plus, this was not helmet to helmet. It was an intentional forearm to Jackson's head.

Am I to believe that it's legal for safeties to run around clotheslining WRs/RBs/TEs who have the ball?

there are a number of definitions as to what is considered "defenseless" in the NFL Rule Book.

Plus, this was not helmet to helmet. It was an intentional forearm to Jackson's head.

Am I to believe that it's legal for safeties to run around clotheslining WRs/RBs/TEs who have the ball?

And he had a running head start before he aimed right for Fred's head. To me when I saw it live i was

looking for a flag.

Chan should have cussed the refs out on that one. I would have let them have it on that play. I know I'm still mad about it.

I thought the same thing seeing it live, I was waiting for the flag to be thrown. He clearly extended his elbow to hit Fred. He was even flexing his muscles after the hit and seemed to enjoy the fact that he knocked him out. it was intent to injure, just like the wolfork hit on Losman's knee several years back. They just seem to always get away with those things.

I thought the same thing seeing it live, I was waiting for the flag to be thrown. He clearly extended his elbow to hit Fred. He was even flexing his muscles after the hit and seemed to enjoy the fact that he knocked him out. it was intent to injure, just like the wolfork hit on Losman's knee several years back. They just seem to always get away with those things.

It was clearly intent to injure. He seemed quite pleased with himself that he had concussed a former player.

As I said yesterday, I wish nothing but the worst, on and off the field, for Spikes. I say that with 100% sincerity.

I thought the officiating was really biased against the Bills in the first half, then they got a little more reasonable and almost anti-Patsy in the second. I agree the hit should have been called. And I'm glad that Fitz called the guy who beheaded him a "punk".