What The Republican Party Needs To Do

you really believe that on the whole, republicans are adhering to His teachings on the poor more closely than democrats? self delusion is a scary thing.

This has been discussed here before, and it is a fact that republicans donate more to charity than democrats do.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you're the judge of who is worthless? charity giving is a small sliver of the safety net. look back and see how well poor folks did and how long they lived before dem sponsored and repub stymied medicare and social security came into existence. but only the worthless died early needlessly, right?

If I'm paying their rent you're damn right I'll decide who's worthless. Helpless is someone who CAN'T do for himself. Worthless is someone who WON'T do for himself.

The problem with people like you is you lump them all together & question the decency of anyone who resists the perpetual demand for more.

I assume you come from a fairly sheltered background that facilitates your romanticized view of the situation, but it's not how you think it is. Even now opportunity exists for those that want it.

If I'm paying their rent you're damn right I'll decide who's worthless. Helpless is someone who CAN'T do for himself. Worthless is someone who WON'T do for himself.

The problem with people like you is you lump them all together & question the decency of anyone who resists the perpetual demand for more.

I assume you come from a fairly sheltered background that facilitates your romanticized view of the situation, but it's not how you think it is. Even now opportunity exists for those that want it.

sheltered? you mean from medicaid patients and the uninsured? uncontrolled, untreated chronic disease is rarely romantic, i assure you.

sheltered? you mean from medicaid patients and the uninsured? uncontrolled, untreated chronic disease is rarely romantic, i assure you.

I meant your real life. I got a buddy that could be your patient. After seeing him pro bono you'd go home & tell your wife about this brave young man who's fighting the odds to keep himself & his family above water. What you wouldn't know is that this guy goes through jobs like the Travis Henry goes through condoms (kidding, we all know Travis Henry doesn't know about condoms) & that he's on workman's comp or unemployment as often as he's eligible & is probably shacked up with a fat girl who's paying the rent.

Forgive me if I question your ability to distinguish between the helpless & the worthless.

Really Top 10 unemployment states in the nation (meaning those collecting free money from the government). Only 4 voted for Romney. The other 6 voted for Obama. Also, 2 of them are the largest 2 states in nation and each by themselves alone comprise more people than those in the 4 southern states.

41 CONNECTICUT 8.9

41 NEW YORK 8.9

43 GEORGIA 9.0

44 SOUTH CAROLINA 9.1

45 MISSISSIPPI 9.2

46 MICHIGAN 9.3

47 NORTH CAROLINA 9.6

48 NEW JERSEY 9.8

49 CALIFORNIA 10.2

50 RHODE ISLAND 10.5

51 NEVADA 11.8

Shhhhhhhh.

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Do you have a link?

Hello it's been awhile for me. I've been away for a while. I don't think most of what the poster said will work. It's really the economic issues that have screwed the GOP.

It has nothing to do with blacks, women, mexicans, gays or religion. It's not demographics. Or at least, it is, but it isn't. It's the economic issues that the GOP have screwed up.

1. Stop telling people that less wages and benefits is actually good for them.---- This is the main thrust of right wing bull ****. It's the repeated drumbeat of "you'll be better off if you lose your job and health insurance" because "lean companines" will create more jobs in the future. Just stop with the BS already. It helps Romney types and everyone else loses.

2. Stop telling people that work their whole life, that they're lazy. ----- You know the whole "your a no good bumb, loser etc etc." A mooch, a freeloader, etc., etc.

3. Stop kissing the ass of multi-national corporations. ---- They're leading you astray. If I was Obama and Steve Jobs told me "the jobs are never coming back" I would have gotten one of my secret service agents to beat his F---ing ass! Or I would have punched him in the face myself. Bomb his house. Who in the blank does Steve think buys those smartphones?

Hello it's been awhile for me. I've been away for a while. I don't think most of what the poster said will work. It's really the economic issues that have screwed the GOP.

It has nothing to do with blacks, women, mexicans, gays or religion. It's not demographics. Or at least, it is, but it isn't. It's the economic issues that the GOP have screwed up.

1. Stop telling people that less wages and benefits is actually good for them.---- This is the main thrust of right wing bull ****. It's the repeated drumbeat of "you'll be better off if you lose your job and health insurance" because "lean companines" will create more jobs in the future. Just stop with the BS already. It helps Romney types and everyone else loses.

2. Stop telling people that work their whole life, that they're lazy. ----- You know the whole "your a no good bumb, loser etc etc." A mooch, a freeloader, etc., etc.

3. Stop kissing the ass of multi-national corporations. ---- They're leading you astray. If I was Obama and Steve Jobs told me "the jobs are never coming back" I would have gotten one of my secret service agents to beat his F---ing ass! Or I would have punched him in the face myself. Bomb his house. Who in the blank does Steve think buys those smartphones?

None of this is accurate. On the issue of economics the Republicans have actually made gains. I'll take your points one by one:

1. No one says this. Acknowledging that the business cycle is cyclical, government doesn't have much power to change it, & attempts to do so will be counter-productive is merely stating an obvious truth. You would rather they lie & blow smoke up everyone's ass?

2. Who does this? No one is saying people who worked their whole lives are no good bums. Pointing out that unsustainable entitlements need to be reformed is another obvious truth. There are however, a lot of no good bums collecting a check who haven't worked their whole lives. Should they pretend this is virtuous?

3. This is just silly. Choosing not to demonize & destroy is not equal to kissing the ass of. And your Steve Jobs example suggests you'd prefer an authoritarian form of mercantilism.

Granted, the Obama message of "pay no attention to the cliff we're approaching. Stepping on the gas is fun now" worked in this election, but if you're going to sacrifice the country to get elected, what's the point of being elected?

None of this is accurate. On the issue of economics the Republicans have actually made gains. I'll take your points one by one:

1. No one says this. Acknowledging that the business cycle is cyclical, government doesn't have much power to change it, & attempts to do so will be counter-productive is merely stating an obvious truth. You would rather they lie & blow smoke up everyone's ass?

2. Who does this? No one is saying people who worked their whole lives are no good bums. Pointing out that unsustainable entitlements need to be reformed is another obvious truth. There are however, a lot of no good bums collecting a check who haven't worked their whole lives. Should they pretend this is virtuous?

3. This is just silly. Choosing not to demonize & destroy is not equal to kissing the ass of. And your Steve Jobs example suggests you'd prefer an authoritarian form of mercantilism.

Granted, the Obama message of "pay no attention to the cliff we're approaching. Stepping on the gas is fun now" worked in this election, but if you're going to sacrifice the country to get elected, what's the point of being elected?

Obvious truth ? this is why your side loss in a nutshell

Obvious truth ? this is why your side loss in a nutshell

Yes, because morons are happy to have someone tell them they can have their cake and eat it too. I wasn't posting here in 2008, but after that election I had countless libs tell me that Beloved Leader would be the savior of the economy. I told them, with great confidence, that in 4 years things would be worse. I was right, they were wrong, but they still believe because they want to. And Obama will continue to !@#$ up and you will continue to make excuses for him.

Yes, because morons are happy to have someone tell them they can have their cake and eat it too. I wasn't posting here in 2008, but after that election I had countless libs tell me that Beloved Leader would be the savior of the economy. I told them, with great confidence, that in 4 years things would be worse. I was right, they were wrong, but they still believe because they want to. And Obama will continue to !@#$ up and you will continue to make excuses for him.

So basically you don't like democracy, good to know, and Rob we are better off in a lot of ways.

So basically you don't like democracy, good to know, and Rob we are better off in a lot of ways.

Democracy is only as good as the people doing the voting, but you already knew it. It's not democracy you're happy about, it's that your team won. If the electorate had voted to reinstate slavery I don't think you'd be touting its virtues.

I could be wrong, but I think we probably agree on this issue more than we differ. My main problem with the conventional wisdom is that I think equating opposition to the welfare stare with bigotry is dishonest & insulting.

I agree, you're not automatically racist if you oppose the so-called takers. I think the real issue is how many or what % of the us adult, working age population really wants the gov't to give them stuff, other than SS and Medicare, roads, schools, firemen, military, that sorta thing. Is it 47-50% or more, or maybe 20-30%, I don't know.

It also seems to that a lot of people on public assistance (food stamps, fuel assistance, welfare, any and all that) would rather work than get by on a minimum, have to deal with all the bureaucracy, and would much rather work an honest job. Again, is that 50% that would work if there was a job, less? idk.

Edited by In-A-Gadda-Levitre

1. No one says this? Are you crazy? I hear it everyday. What planet do you live on? I keep hearing that business is better without gov't interference. Layoffs and downsizing will spur economic growth. And yet, just the opposite has happened. We, my friend, are at the point of no return. Unless we turn around the business culture in this country, we will destroy this country. The problem is not gov't. It's your employer. It's Wall Street.

2. It's the message of the Romney types. 47% are takers. And Romney believes that all employees are takers too. It's his mentality. It's the way he thinks. He thinks he should be able to go out and pick dollar bills off trees. Money doesn't grow on trees. It's worked for. Romney doesn't do that. He's a hatchet man. Face facts. What kind of jobs did he create withStaples. Answer: People that will never have a middle class life. Something to be real proud of.

3. Choosing not to demonize Apple is a mistake. And it is by definition "kissing the ass of". I would not have taken that bull **** from Steve Jobs. Yes, he would have gotten a Bobby Knight cussing out from me. I would have just kicked the living **** out of that guy. How long are you going to kiss Steve Jobs' ass?

You just don't get it and you never will. The blacks, women, Asians can see the economic unfairness. You choose to ignore it.

1. No one says this? Are you crazy? I hear it everyday. What planet do you live on? I keep hearing that business is better without gov't interference. Layoffs and downsizing will spur economic growth. And yet, just the opposite has happened. We, my friend, are at the point of no return. Unless we turn around the business culture in this country, we will destroy this country. The problem is not gov't. It's your employer. It's Wall Street.

2. It's the message of the Romney types. 47% are takers. And Romney believes that all employees are takers too. It's his mentality. It's the way he thinks. He thinks he should be able to go out and pick dollar bills off trees. Money doesn't grow on trees. It's worked for. Romney doesn't do that. He's a hatchet man. Face facts. What kind of jobs did he create withStaples. Answer: People that will never have a middle class life. Something to be real proud of.

3. Choosing not to demonize Apple is a mistake. And it is by definition "kissing the ass of". I would not have taken that bull **** from Steve Jobs. Yes, he would have gotten a Bobby Knight cussing out from me. I would have just kicked the living **** out of that guy. How long are you going to kiss Steve Jobs' ass?

You just don't get it and you never will. The blacks, women, Asians can see the economic unfairness. You choose to ignore it.

I recognize this is an easy thing to write because no one knows me and it'll never happen, but I swear to you, I wish you'd either be really, really right about all of this, or really, really wrong.

If you're really, really right, and prosperity is coming for all, I can't freaking wait because I've been hovering around watching the confusion for four years now and I'm too scared to do any growing because my customers are too scared to do any growing. So let's hope you're right, Bobby Knight, and we can all grow and move forward.

And if not, let's hope you're dead wrong, so we can just schitt the bed, bottom out, lose everything, best man wins, and start from scratch. And in the process, get that special brand of idiotic progressive thinking buried once and for all.

But anything is better than kicking this down the road for my kid. Let's crap or get off the pot.

How are you right? Things have gotten better. In my area, unemployment has dropped by half. It was 15%, now it's 7-8%. I think that's improvement. It's gotten better not worse. Food prices are up. Gas prices are coming down. The stock market went back up. By all accounts things are better. Much better. Jobs are not really better. But our beloved multi-nationals would rather choke themselves rather than create jobs.

No one is making excuses for Obama. He's too slow and he hasn't done enough too help the economy. Some of his ideas take too long to,work. New industries don't happen overnight.