Bills need to close the book on DB "Era"

I really, REALLY think the Bills need to say goodbye to Drew before the upcoming 2005 season. I wouldnt totally object to the Bills turning the reigns over to JP for the beginning of the 2005 season, but if the Bills feel JP is still too 'raw' and need to find another veteran QB, are there any other QB's that will be available for a decent rate, BESIDES Kurt Warner?

Does anyone have a list of available QB's or other suggestions????

I really, REALLY think the Bills need to say goodbye to Drew before the upcoming 2005 season. I wouldnt totally object to the Bills turning the reigns over to JP for the beginning of the 2005 season, but if the Bills feel JP is still too 'raw' and need to find another veteran QB, are there any other QB's that will be available for a decent rate, BESIDES Kurt Warner? 

Does anyone have a list of available QB's or other suggestions????

191195[/snapback]

Flutie, Todd Collins and RJ should be available!

I think Tim Couch is available! Face it the crop of QBs is VERY thin. DB will be starting next year as well unless JP has a great training camp. That is what it looks like right now. And Steve McNair will retire before coming to play for Buffalo for an extra year for those holding out hope for that scenario.

You know with JP it is probably going to take him 2-3 years of playing to develop before we make a serious run. By then a lot of the players on this club will be past their prime and we will be re-building still or again. Drew is my choice, as in Brees. SD may still keep him, but it would be great to be able to get him. However, I'm sure the Bills are now committed to JP until he either makes it or is a bust.

What we also need to keep in mind is that Shane Matthews will probably be retiring after this year, so that would make 2 QBs we'd need. Point is, don't "get rid of" Bledsoe now. He has enough class so that he'd eventually accept a backup role, should Mularkey give the job to JP.

Going into camp in July, I say to put the job up for grabs. If Bledsoe wins it, so be it. At this point, I think Mularkey knows that Drew is declining, so maybe some extra competition thrown his way would help. I doubt JP could take the job right now, but how many of us thought Roethlisberger would be the starting QB of a 15-1 team? I think it's probably the best way to work it out right now.

Just because the backup QB is the most popular position on the team, doesn't mean it's the right one to utilize.

Is Travis Brown coming back for his 10th training camp?  He knows the offense.  :P  Losman, Brown & who cares.  DB needs to go.  Losman will take his lumps and learn from them.

:lol:

191714[/snapback]

Sad to say, but

I'd rather see Travis Brown at QB next year than Loser Drew. :lol:

Its pretty evident to see that Drew Bledsoe is now a system Qb, he's metocre at best in that system..but if at any time he has to play outside the system..meaning take the game into his own hands he's very inconsistent..and inconsistent play from your qb doesn't get you into the playoffs..Time for upper management to think loong and hard about the current situation..JP will bring youth and life into the offense and the team..

And for anybody who's going to say that its not possible for a rookie qb to lead a team into the playoffs..don't have to look to far to see that that's untrue..yes I know Big Ben has a great supporting cast but soo do we offensively..