Who whines more - the liberals or conservatives?

Wow. You're not a Bush basher but go on to say that Bush destroyed the economy. And right after saying that Bush destroyed the economy you say that the President gets too much credit for the economy either way. That's on messed up post there buddy.

Please explain to us how Bush destroyed the economy...in detail please.

Not the cleanest post ever put still clear enough for anybody to make sense of.

Summary for clarification: If people are going to give the President all kinds of credit for the economy (which is retarded), then Bush destroyed the economy by that standard (a stupid standard) . And no amount of time changes that.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: How many Romney campaign events did they invite George W Bush to?

PTR

I have no idea and neither do you. Could have been 100 and he turned them all down.

Now here's the kicker of a question. What the hell does that have to do with my post?

Not the cleanest post ever put still clear enough for anybody to make sense of.

Summary for clarification: If people are going to give the President all kinds of credit for the economy (which is retarded), then Bush destroyed the economy by that standard (a stupid standard) . And no amount of time changes that.

So what you're saying is I should of had a beer of three before I read your post? Ok, but I'm still at work and heading home soon so give me a bit before you post again ok. :D

I have no idea and neither do you. Could have been 100 and he turned them all down.

Now here's the kicker of a question. What the hell does that have to do with my post?

Somehow I doubt that. It's more likely it was closer to zero. Why, and what does it have to do with your post? Because even the GOP knows W is toxic because (drum roll.....) he screwed up the economy.

PTR

So what you're saying is I should of had a beer of three before I read your post? Ok, but I'm still at work and heading home soon so give me a bit before you post again ok. :D

Have 6 real quick then read while doing a handstand.

Somehow I doubt that. It's more likely it was closer to zero. Why, and what does it have to do with your post? Because even the GOP knows W is toxic because (drum roll.....) he screwed up the economy.

PTR

Please explain in detail how Bush screwed up the economy?

Please explain in detail how the English language works. As a follow up, explain gravity on a molecular level, in detail.

When I mention how I know so much about the English language and Gravity you can ask me those questions. In the meantime you can shut the !@#$ up.

Bush destroyed the economy by expanding Medicare & helping to pump up the housing bubble. The problem for liberals is they were every bit, if not more complicit in the housing bubble, & their only complaint of the Medicare expansion is it wasn't big enough.

The "Bush Tax Cuts" were largely a sham b/c they have an expiration date & can therefore only be counted on for the short-term, which compromises the growth effect they were supposed to have. To be fair, they are helpful to small business, and are more sensible than his bogus stimulus or Obama's bogus stimulus, but due to the temporary nature of the cuts I'd categorize them in some bastardized middle ground between Reaganesque supply-side cuts and neo-Keynesian stimulus. Add this to the fact that discretionary spending continually increased under his Presidency, & as mentioned before, he expanded already unsustainable entitlement programs when he should have been streamlining them. Also to his credit, he tried to diversify SS to allow people to move a portion of it to private investments which was a good idea that was mischaracterized by the left, but it didn't pass, & if you're the leader & can't sell your idea then you failed. Blaming the opposition (which he never did) just makes you a big pu$$y.

Not to mention that the regulators ran wild under the watchful eye of W. The "deregulation under the Bush administration" is kind of like the militaristic aggression of the Carter administration - It didn't exist. I like his personality - comes off as humbled & dignified; stayed above the fray with a simple every man kind of quality about him - but when it comes to fiscal policy he was basically a liberal.

Putting the growth solely on the expiration date alone is disingenuous IMO but to each his own. And I won't go off on the Obama package but it was more than a stimulus IMO and it wasn't a miracle bill but it was good as we've discussed.

Putting the growth solely on the expiration date alone is disingenuous IMO but to each his own. And I won't go off on the Obama package but it was more than a stimulus IMO and it wasn't a miracle bill but it was good as we've discussed.

I'll reserve further comment on Obama's bogus stimulus until after I read your book, b/c I want to be fair. What do you find disengenuous about my take on the Bush tax cuts?

I'll reserve further comment on Obama's bogus stimulus until after I read your book, b/c I want to be fair. What do you find disengenuous about my take on the Bush tax cuts?

Just to write off any concerns over growth based solely on the expiration date.

Just to write off any concerns over growth based solely on the expiration date.

???

I don't know what you mean.

If you're cutting taxes to promote growth one of the major components of that equation is the long-run effects on incentives. Some growth will result from small businesses that pay taxes under the personal income tax rates having more capital to reinvest. But a tax cut with a pre-determined expiration isn't going to do much to inrease long-run incentives. For the record, I think personal income tax rates are just fine where they are. I don't think further short-term cuts would lead to appreciable growth. I do think a tax hike big enough to make a significant impact on our budget deficits would be crippling.

I'm not sure if this addresses your point, because I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at, but I think we put too much emphasis on tax policy as it relates to our economy overall. Sure, the power to tax is the power to destroy, & when taxes are high enough to create disincentives or comparative disadvantages (like our corporate rate) the can cause a lot of harm, but a few % points one way or the other in the margins doesn't make or break an economy.

Promo,

You're the biggest sham hack I've ever been exposed to. You're a child who lacked the quality to be able to seperate PPP discussion from a game thread. You're in my sights now. Enjoy reaping what you've sowed.

Promo's great. He, like me, follows the Bills with blind optimism and loyalty to the team & players he cheers for. Even if we're wrong, it makes it more fun. Unfortunately, he applies that same blind faith and loyalty to the Democratic party.

Promo's great. He, like me, follows the Bills with blind optimism and loyalty to the team & players he cheers for. Even if we're wrong, it makes it more fun. Unfortunately, he applies that same blind faith and loyalty to the Democratic party.

Well, he picked a fight with the wrong guy.

He's a B word, and he's about to be treated like a B word. Had he not carried PPP into a game thread I'd have let it slide. Instead, it's going the other way.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Okay. You win. Bush was so awesome the GOP didn't want to use him to campaign for Romney.

PTR

See I have no idea why Bush didn't campaign for the GOP. I don't even know if he was asked. That's not what I'm trying to get from you. What I'd like to know which you can't seem to explain is how Bush ruined the economy.

Edited by Chef Jim

See I have no idea why Bush didn't campaign for the GOP. I don't even know if he was asked. That's not whatbim trying to get from you. What I'd like to know which you can't seem to explain is how Bush ruined the eonomy.

He can't articulate it because he doesn't understand it.

Bush was the second worst President in our history surpassed only by our current President, but that doesn't lay 100 years of economic folly at his feet.