It didn't take TH long to run his mouth

Thailog80

if you didnt have a picture of a doberman and this wasnt a message board i think id hate you. no, i know id hate you. you understand that better?

191586[/snapback]

Not really, and I'm not sure why I'd care if you hate me no matter what the context is. Maybe you can create a rap song about it and make a million dollars. Good luck.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, and I'm not sure why I'd care if you hate me no matter what the context is.  Maybe you can create a rap song about it and make a million dollars.  Good luck.

191588[/snapback]

you need some new material, you tryed that rap sh*t before and it was was just and corny and without sense as it is now.

What a laugh this thread is. TH wants out, he waits until AFTER the season to say so publicly. Problem? Oh that's right, a bunch of "reliable insiders" on this board somehow know for a fact that Travis was bitching every chance he got when the media wasn't around. If you hate the guy so much, just say that and be done with it. He can't fuggin win. IF he complains publicly, he's a POS. If he doesn't then he was OBVIOUSLY complaining privately so he's a POS. With fans like this, I can't imagine why he would want to start anew.

So he thinks he can be a starter in this league, how dare he think this? The great counter-argument to this theory is that he wasn't good enough to beat out a practical rookie coming off knee surgery. As if Willis is the worst starting RB in the league. Just because he couldn't beat McGahee, doesn't mean he can't be #1 somewhere else. Do you people really think that Willis ranks so low on the list of starting NFL RBs?

But that is all a matter of opinion. The truly disturbing part is the total lack of humanity that "fans" show for the players they watch every week. What happened to the days when players moved on from the team they were either wished luck or fans would shrug their shoulders. Now it's "he's a piece of sh*t. He's F'ing retarded. He's a whiny B word. He's a cancer." (Oh and the irony of BF accusing someone else of having Gump-level intelligence).

I wouldn't want to play for a team who's fans turn on their players with such vindictive hatred. Would you actually walk up to someone you did not know and call them a piece of sh*t or a whiny little B word? It's sad. Especially someone who was hailed as a warrior with a huge heart just one year ago.

191297[/snapback]

Simply put, I agree with you completely. Some people are being pretty shi**y to a guy who was a very productive runner for the Bills and who played well even with injuries that would have kept many RBs on the bench. His handling of the McGahee situation hasn't been perfect, but he never turned into a much of a problem and he kept his mouth shut to the media until after the season. I don't have a problem with a guy wanting to be a starter. Hell, isn't that the attitude you want in a player? His career with the Bills is probably over, but I wish him the best of luck with another team.

see i thought you just tryin to be your usual assh*le self and wasnt lookin for me to explain the difference in what i said. you would get better results if you simply tryed to say "what do you mean" or "i dont get it, explain". maybe try it next time you might be surprised to see someone actually explain themselves to you instead of blowin you as bein a real jerkoff.

see i thought you just tryin to be your usual assh*le self and wasnt lookin for me to explain the difference in what i said. you would get better results if you simply tryed to say "what do you mean" or "i dont get it, explain". maybe try it next time you might be surprised to see someone actually explain themselves to you instead of blowin you as bein a real jerkoff.

191663[/snapback]

Ooh, wait. I care. :P

I'm glad there are some out there who can still show some respect for a football player as a person. Want him here or not, it is disgraceful to treat him with such animosity. ALL of you have screamed Travis' name with joy and celebrated something great he did over the past couple years. Now not only do you turn on him like a pack of wild dogs, you do it with venom and hatred. I am embarrassed to be a fellow fan when people act like this.

Watch out Willis, you could be next.

Did I say CANCER EITHER?!?!

Whose posts are you READING??!? NOT MINE!!!!!

Go back. Read my posts... no cancer. no 2004. no this year.

READ the quotes by TH after we drafted Willis. There is a PATTERN. OBVIOUSLY there are a HECK of a lot more people than just me who noticed this; so I'm not CRAZY!!!  Rabid, yes, crazy? no.

191530[/snapback]

No, you didn't say cancer, and you didn't specify a year. Here's what you said:

I guess you CONVENIENTLY forgot what Travis said after we drafted Willis?

THAT is where it began, NOT after the Steelers game.

I'm sorry, but w3e're only reacting to how he acted FROM April TO NOW...

Since you apparently want me to break down what you said, I summise to you that the words "That is where it began" refers to the aforementioned "after we drafted Willis." We drafted Willis in April of 2003, which is when Travis made his infamous "slap in the face" remark. Mind you, any running back coming off the season TH had in 2002 would have said basically the same thing, and that includes Willis. Think about it. What would Willis say if we somehow reacquired our first-round pick for the 2005 draft and spent it on a running back?

And while you didn't use the word cancer, you did use the word "it." In this thread, I presumed "it" referred to Travis being some sort of problem. Look at your words. That is where IT began. If IT, used in the way you used it, isn't referring to Travis being some sort of problem, then you tell me what you meant.

Oh, and chew on this while you're at it...

McGahee said he appreciated Henry's professionalism in handling "the pressure and controversy." But he essentially challenged Henry to return and fight for his job.

"He's just got to come back and fight for it, fight for what's his, because I'd do the same," said McGahee.

Quarterback Drew Bledsoe, who said the Bills likely would not have won as many games as they did without the spark McGahee provided, also stood up for Henry.

"Travis Henry, all year, has been a team guy, put the team first, and really had to swallow his pride," he said. "Selfishly, I hope Travis is back. He's a credit to this organization. For him personally, we all know he's a guy who can run for 1,500 yards a year and he deserves to be a starter. He's a credit to this team, or any team he can play for in the future."

A team guy...that coming from the starting quarterback.

Henry's professionalism...that coming from the man who beat him for his job.

I think I'll take their words over BF in Indiana or anyone who acts like they have some inside information about Travis being a problem, only it was kept out of the media.

No, you didn't say cancer, and you didn't specify a year. Here's what you said:

I guess you CONVENIENTLY forgot what Travis said after we drafted Willis?

THAT is where it began, NOT after the Steelers game.

I'm sorry, but w3e're only reacting to how he acted FROM April TO NOW...

Since you apparently want me to break down what you said, I summise to you that the words "That is where it began" refers to the aforementioned "after we drafted Willis." We drafted Willis in April of 2003, which is when Travis made his infamous "slap in the face" remark. Mind you, any running back coming off the season TH had in 2002 would have said basically the same thing, and that includes Willis. Think about it. What would Willis say if we somehow reacquired our first-round pick for the 2005 draft and spent it on a running back?

And while you didn't use the word cancer, you did use the word "it." In this thread, I presumed "it" referred to Travis being some sort of problem. Look at your words. That is where IT began. If IT, used in the way you used it, isn't referring to Travis being some sort of problem, then you tell me what you meant.

Oh, and chew on this while you're at it...

McGahee said he appreciated Henry's professionalism in handling "the pressure and controversy." But he essentially challenged Henry to return and fight for his job.

"He's just got to come back and fight for it, fight for what's his, because I'd do the same," said McGahee.

Quarterback Drew Bledsoe, who said the Bills likely would not have won as many games as they did without the spark McGahee provided, also stood up for Henry.

"Travis Henry, all year, has been a team guy, put the team first, and really had to swallow his pride," he said. "Selfishly, I hope Travis is back. He's a credit to this organization. For him personally, we all know he's a guy who can run for 1,500 yards a year and he deserves to be a starter. He's a credit to this team, or any team he can play for in the future."

A team guy...that coming from the starting quarterback.

Henry's professionalism...that coming from the man who beat him for his job.

I think I'll take their words over BF in Indiana or anyone who acts like they have some inside information about Travis being a problem, only it was kept out of the media.

192557[/snapback]

ID, I am NOT looking for a bitter arguement, OK? :)

Now, what would you expect them to say? That the football team improved the second he was benched? That the Bills gave up less sacks after he was benched than they did in the 4 or 5 games in which Travis was the starter?

I know that you are not saying that TH is better than WM. The thing is, it is just not close. perhaps this is where you and I differ.

Almost any team in the NFL would give up a ton for WM, injuries or not imo. Wait and see what we get for Travis.

I hope this post reads as non-confrontational as I am feeling.

ID, I am NOT looking for a bitter arguement, OK?  :)

Now, what would you expect them to say? That the football team improved the second he was benched? That the Bills gave up less sacks after he was benched than they did in the 4 or 5 games in which Travis was the starter?

I know that you are not saying that TH is better than WM. The thing is, it is just not close. perhaps this is where you and I differ.

Almost any team in the NFL would give up a ton for WM, injuries or not imo. Wait and see what we get for Travis.

192734[/snapback]

That's oversimplification but there's no question Willis isn't as limited as TH is, especially where intangibles are concerned.

Don't forget Travis didn't want to come into training in Buffalo. Wanted to stay home and work out, yet every other player was in camp.

He had to renegociate because he was broke.

Spouted off after Willis was drafted. Stated he would not be the backup during camp this year.

His mom and agent wouldn't shutup last year and spouted off the entire season about Travis being the starter and the Bills were stupid for drafting Willis.

Maybe Travis is innocent of the later, but I doubt it based on everything else. I am sure he could have stopped the whining from his employee and his mother.

ID, I am NOT looking for a bitter arguement, OK?  :)

192734[/snapback]

Willis is faster than Travis. He's bigger and he's stronger. He catches better. He blocks better. He seems to have a better football IQ. No question he is an upgrade.

I also don't argue that his presence in our backfield helped Drew and the offensive line.

The only problem I have is with the venom shot at Travis. Is it his fault that we found a better running back? How did the emergence of Willis McGahee make Travis a lesser back? He has his shortcomings...lord knows they've been discussed on this board ad nauseum. But all of the sudden, he was being blamed for everything that went wrong with this team. And many people look at Travis and Willis and see things differently, depending on what fits their opinion. Let me give you an example. On the play that broke our back on Sunday (Pittsburgh's defensive touchdown), if Travis was on the field for that play and did the exact same thing Willis did, he would have been flamed for picking up the wrong blitzer. I just know this is true. On the other hand, if Willis had slipped (instead of Travis) in the game versus the Raiders, all people would talk about is how on the previous play, Willis got in the end zone. With Travis, all everyone talks about is the simple, honest (and admittedly costly) mistake of slipping on fourth down. Travis can run for 2,700 yards and 23 TDs over two seasons and he gets no praise? All people focus on with Travis is the negative. I realize that the negatives are there, though some (like the fumbling) can get completely exaggerated by some posters. But he did a lot of good for the team, and without him in 2003, we would have had, quite possibly, the worst offense I've ever seen. He's a good running back. Not great. Not as good as Willis. He deserves his share of criticism for his shortcomings on the field, and his decisions off the field. But you'd think he was O.J. Simpson the way he is treated around here.

I agree with you. Travis' days in Buffalo are over. I don't blame him for wanting a trade. I think we can get some value in return, be it a player or a draft pick. I just don't see why he is being dragged through the mud so much around here. So we got a better running back in Willis...that's a good thing. I won't ever be upset when we upgrade our talent. But I also won't fail to appreciate the good things a player does for the Buffalo Bills, even when someone better comes in to take his place.

ID your post is well taken.

I have stated before that imo, the numbers look better than the player. I credit the Gilbride offensive idiocy for much of the stats that TH was admittedly able to compile. I think that defenders were charging through a porous OL virtually unobstructed on a quest to kill qb who does not move well, and when TH got the ball he could run by them and gain yards. He IS hard to tackle when he has a head of steam, and I never said otherwise.

I WANT to be wrong about his trade value. Another 3rd could perhaps get us into round 1 if coupled in a trade somehow. That would be great! I love the Bills and want us to get the best players!

Having said that, I expect a 5th round pick or less, perhaps even an outright release. I hope that we will both be here to discuss what does happen, and again, my wish is that you and not I are correct about his trade value.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!