Tyron Smith - anyone following this?

I really don't much care about the cowboys in general but this kind of stuff about families just leaching on & trying to take advantage of others shows just what this guy had to go through to get out of his upbringing .

The same has happened to a lot of stars not just sports stars , but good for him that he is having it handled , but you can bet he doesn't get invited to Thanksgiving !!!

There was a recent 30 for 30 documentary called "Broke" that addressed some of these issues. It is amazing what some guys have to go through with family members and others pressuring them for money. Combine that with young guys with absolutely no financial acumen all of a sudden being millionaires, and you have a recipe for some tragic stories. I can only imagine some of the foolish things that I would have done with money if I found my self rich in my early 20's.

It sounds like Tyron Smith has a better head on his shoulders than most when it comes to these issues.

Edited by Peter

I really don't much care about the cowboys in general but this kind of stuff about families just leaching on & trying to take advantage of others shows just what this guy had to go through to get out of his upbringing .

The same has happened to a lot of stars not just sports stars , but good for him that he is having it handled , but you can bet he doesn't get invited to Thanksgiving !!!

You can only hope this is the end of it and the kid won't have any other problems. But the other questionable thing I see here is his attorney is Royce West - isn't this the same "State Senator" buffoon that was also involved with Dez Bryant? He seems to care about the limelight as much as his clients. Only time will tell, but Tyron may have another snake to deal with here too...

Edited by TheLynchTrain

You can only hope this is the end of it and the kid won't have any other problems. But the other questionable thing I see here is his attorney is Royce West - isn't this the same "State Senator" buffoon that was also involved with Dez Bryant? He seems to care about the limelight as much as his clients. Only time will tell, but Tyron may have another snake to deal with here too...

I did find it ironic on how all these people are trying to get his money and then the next line was how he is being represented by these attorneys. That's just another form of people trying to swindle you out of your money.

Strange story of what money does to people and families:

http://cowboysblog.d...-from-him.html/

http://espn.go.com/d...tle-source-says

Arguably it's not about the money as much as it is the character of the people involved.

Regardless of not knowing all the gory details, one can safely say that this is a sad spectacle.