The Catholic Church Ad That Draws A Distinction

3rdnlng

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[liberals]

What a bigoted, intolerant, backwards ad. Clearly it shows how the ignorant knuckedraggers in the Church seek ultimate power to force THEIR beliefs and values on others!!!!! They should shut up and get with the program!!!

[\liberals]

[liberals]

What a bigoted, intolerant, backwards ad. Clearly it shows how the ignorant knuckedraggers in the Church seek ultimate power to force THEIR beliefs and values on others!!!!! They should shut up and get with the program!!!

[\liberals]

That's what I got out of it too.

Sweet, so the Catholic church has given up their tax exempt status?

Nothing in the ad would indicate any need to,

So I guess that you're deliberately trying to mis-state things.....................................................or ignorant.

It's hard to take any Christian's plea for "pro-life" legislation seriously. I mean, the Bible is full of an evil god murdering as he pleases. In fact, it even commands you to stone to death your daughter if she isn't a virgin at the time of marriage.

When did life all of a sudden become so sacred?

It's hard to take any Christian's plea for "pro-life" legislation seriously. I mean, the Bible is full of an evil god murdering as he pleases. In fact, it even commands you to stone to death your daughter if she isn't a virgin at the time of marriage.

Psalm 137:9

Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

So much ignorance in only four sentences.

So much ignorance in only four sentences.

Ignorance? You mean fact? What happened to all those people when the walls of Jericho fell? Oh yeah, all men women and children were put to the sword by the order of god. What should happen to a rebellious child? They should be put to death, by the order of god.

You can claim ignorance all you want, but it is yours... not mine. These are parts of the bible that contradict any sense of "sacredness" of life.

Would you be more sympathetic to an atheist's plea for pro-life legislation? If you are against evil and you relate an "evil" God and his murdering to abortion, then I would think you would be pro-life. With your logic, Christian, Muslims and Jews (I'm letting the other major religions off the hook because I don't know much about them) are evil and should be pro-abortion while the non-believers are against evil and should be pro-life.

Would you be more sympathetic to an atheist's plea for pro-life legislation? If you are against evil and you relate an "evil" God and his murdering to abortion, then I would think you would be pro-life. With your logic, Christian, Muslims and Jews (I'm letting the other major religions off the hook because I don't know much about them) are evil and should be pro-abortion while the non-believers are against evil and should be pro-life.

Except abortion isn't murder. Not even close. Near half of fetuses are naturally aborted, should we try mothers who have miscarriages for manslaughter? Early term abortion is nothing more than removing a clump of cells. It is in no way analogous to killing a fully formed human.

Except abortion isn't murder. Not even close. Near half of fetuses are naturally aborted, should we try mothers who have miscarriages for manslaughter? Early term abortion is nothing more than removing a clump of cells. It is in no way analogous to killing a fully formed human.

My knocked up wife had her eight week sonogram recently.

Heartbeat

Look..if you want to be pro-choice thats your....er.....choice.

But DO !@#$ING NOT minimize what it is with some kind of weak bull **** thats bolded above. Be a man and accept what you stand for.

Edited by RkFast

I would like to see a link to back up that claim....

Then why did you compare it to murder by using the "evil" god reference in your first post on this subject? Trying mothers for miscarriages is a ridiculous analogy. An abortion is a deliberate act, while a miscarriage is not.

BTW, why do people who love to criticize Christianity always quote the Old Testament?

My knocked up wife had her eight week sonogram recently.

Heartbeat

Look..if you want to be pro-choice thats your....er.....choice.

But DO !@#$ING NOT minimize what it is with some kind of weak bull **** thats bolded above. Be a man and accept what you stand for.

Just because it has a heartbeat, that makes it human? The facts are that it's nothing more than a parasite at that point. It has no ability to live separated from it's mother, and stands a good chance of being DESTROYED by being rejected. The majority of fertilized eggs end up as nothing more than vaginal discharge.

Your own god even places no value on those "lives". After all, why else would he kill half of them before their born?