True State of the Franchise

MURTR

Someone needs to stand up and be a leader on this team - if it is a "scrub" so be it. The "starters" on this team are joke with the exceptions being the O-line (ONLY unit playing hard even with injuries to starters), the RBs and maybe a WR. We need more vocal leaders and I don't really care who they are. The Bills are the laughing stock of the NFL and for some reason 90% of this roster is OK with that. Being the laughing stock should piss off every player on this team, but most of them could care less - Taking plays off/ "lack of execution" makes this obvious.

Watch the missing rings about the Bills - Darryl Talley got pissed off about knock knock jokes people were saying about the Bills - he didn't want to be the laughing stock of the league. I really think he was the catalyst on D, the leader that helped make it change.

In 1990 Levy pulled his starters out of the game in Miami when they were being blown away - its about time Chan shook things up, I don't think he has the nads to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khla4FAh1nE

Totally agree, most of these guys are cool with cashing in a paycheck and cant be bothered with potentially calling out their teammates/coaches in order to make the point they are not ok with the status quo.....No pride in their work.

Maybe the ownership situation changes it, maybe not. I think the Mario Williams deal as bad as it now appears, changed perceptions in the league as to what the owner will do or not do. I think a good to great coach (think Cowher, Gruden or similar) or GM brought in and given full total control in a GM/Coach situation (Parcells anybody?) would do the same and change the culture.

Not that I think any one thing is the answer, but right now the Bills are an incestuous inbred dysfunctional family. Time for blood letting and chlorinating the gene pool. The only real answer is to go outside and hire from a winning culture. The three franchises that come to mind are New York, Green Bay and Baltimore. I think the NE success is an aberration and attributable to one guy - Belichick.

Even Pioli is having trouble in KC.

In that sense ownership is the issue. Even the Rams and Lions saw this. Ralph needs to do the right thing before he passes on. Frankly, with all the talk of his health, I'd be surprised if he's around a year from now. Not that I wish him ill or worse. I like the guy.

But that's what I think needs to happen...

C

Frankly, with all the talk of his health, I'd be surprised if he's around a year from now. Not that I wish him ill or worse. I like the guy.

Isn't it just typical of the curse afflicting Bills fans that he should live so long? It would seem that any other teams ownership questions would have been decided at least 14 years earlier.

he may not be, but i am 37, a bills lifer, and always billieve there is a chance. i may be setting myself up for more and more sports heartache. but i can't do it any other way.

Im with you, Im 35 and I'll take some more heartache thank you, makes me feel alive :) My mind says no but my heart wont let me quit until its officially over. I dont see it happening but Im hoping for a win at Cheatriots and a strong run during 2nd half of season. But of course if that miracle would happen, then 2012 becomes real and at the end of the year when Bills are rocking, here comes the END TIMES......... only the Buffalo Bills could have that storyline added on to their already "storied" history.

There will have to be something to sell tickets this next year. This year we got Mario. The year before Darius. The year before that Spiller (who is worth the price of admission), and the year before that I think it was Owens. The list goes on and on. It seems to always keep us guessing but accomplishes nothing.

Yep. We'll probably bring Favre out of Retirement, LOL

There will have to be something to sell tickets this next year. This year we got Mario. The year before Darius. The year before that Spiller (who is worth the price of admission), and the year before that I think it was Owens. The list goes on and on. It seems to always keep us guessing but accomplishes nothing.

They make moves to sell tickets, not win games.