If you think you hate the Patriots now, listen to this...

bbb

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Kraft has something on the league, but there has certainly been a lot of odd favoritism when it comes to that organization.

I still remember the "just give it to them" scandal. The infamous line from the refs at the NE game where our defense stopped a 4th down play well short of the marker and our players heard the officiating crew say those words and just gave them the spot to move the chains. We stopped them again and NE's only option left was a Hail Mary pass to the end zone. Our boys knocked that down in an 5-6 man scrum and we got an unfathomable pass interference on a Hail Mary in the end zone call putting NE on the 1 yard line.

Wade, bless that son of a bum, marched the team off the field in protest, while NE lined up and took the points uncontested. I have never seen an NFL coach with the nads to pull what Wade did, but he was fined later by the league. All he did is call attention to the obvious turd of a fixed game and for having the audacity to say that "poop" stinks. Ralph actually stood behind Wade in his protest over the officiating.

That offseason, the two key holdout owners against instant replay - Ralph Wilson and the owner of the Detroit Lions changed their vote in favor of instant replay and it was adopted. I have a theory that the Bills organizaton was punished for several years after that vote by officiating crews that felt the Buffalo Bills organization was the key ingredient in both questioning and taking away their ability to make many of their traditional judgement calls; A privelege that they had enjoyed and IMO taken advantage of for as long as the game had been around.

I personally feel we took one for the league again and again until Gary Seeman stepped down as senior director of officiating in 2001. Coincidentally, that was the year after the Music City debacle and Ralph handing Wade Phillips his walking papers.

It is all speculation, but I could see that Seeman hanging on till he was satisfied that the coach that called his officiating organization into quetion was fired, but that is conspiracy theory at best. Even today, I still feel there is too much leeway given to officials in regards to holding and PI calls. I really have a problem with those two calls particularly when the flag is thrown in late and they either negate a large gain and kill momentum, or place an opponent on the 1 yard line. Those calls could just too easily be used to sway the outcome of a game, or point spread.

Well, it's plainly obvious that since the league put an end to the Pats stealing the opposing defense's signals, Brady and company have struggled mightily when it comes to scoring points. :rolleyes:

No, they just moved on to some of their other alternatives, like the refereeing in last week's Bills game. Good to see that the check cleared this year....

you dont need no damn book to tell you how huge that was. its utterly amazing to me how people dramatically underestimate how big of an advantage that was. you give me tapes of the opponents signals and i will hire an encryption expert (or a team of them) to parse everything so that even if the opponent makes some changes to try to disguise their signals (they CANT change the whole system just a few keys) i can get you the translation by halftime. that means every game you have at least the second half of knowing what the defense is calling every play!

oh yeah no thats not a big deal. sure let the cheatriots have their titles without any asterisks. nothing to see here. move along. dont look behind the curtain. un frikkin beleedabo

you dont need no damn book to tell you how huge that was. its utterly amazing to me how people dramatically underestimate how big of an advantage that was. you give me tapes of the opponents signals and i will hire an encryption expert (or a team of them) to parse everything so that even if the opponent makes some changes to try to disguise their signals (they CANT change the whole system just a few keys) i can get you the translation by halftime. that means every game you have at least the second half of knowing what the defense is calling every play!

oh yeah no thats not a big deal. sure let the cheatriots have their titles without any asterisks. nothing to see here. move along. dont look behind the curtain. un frikkin beleedabo

I think the point is that not having the tapes of opposing defense hasn't hurt the Pats offense any. Unless, of course, the conspiracy theory now is that the Pats are still getting the defensive signals, only they are now stealing them from a farther distance, like everyone else does. :rolleyes:

oh yeah because a much older and mature qb is good now means there was no advantage years ago when the team was just emerging yeah no that makes perfect sense

see its that kind of utterly nonsensical retardation thinking that lets the cheaters get away the the awful behavior they committed. i swear there is something wrong with our culture when huge swaths of people think this way. its like hero worship fueled stupidity

Edited by Meathead

Of course, it's all fixed. :rolleyes:

Why even bother to watch?

the all encompassing blanket statement, love it. Soooo, you really think that all is equal in the way pats games are called? Im not in the conspiracy against the bill group, but come on. Nobody even slightly implied the games are fixed. Just that their is a double standard in the NFL. Ask Charles Woodson if he thinks Tom B has zebra striped angel on his shoulder.

I just want to know what dirt Kraft has on goddell.

They showed Henry Kissinger sitting in Krafts box yesterday, that's enough to make me believe a conspiracy.

Man I thought that guy was dead long ago, although he really didn't seem to be moving at all up there.

I don't know if Kraft has something on the league, but there has certainly been a lot of odd favoritism when it comes to that organization.

I still remember the "just give it to them" scandal. The infamous line from the refs at the NE game where our defense stopped a 4th down play well short of the marker and our players heard the officiating crew say those words and just gave them the spot to move the chains. We stopped them again and NE's only option left was a Hail Mary pass to the end zone. Our boys knocked that down in an 5-6 man scrum and we got an unfathomable pass interference on a Hail Mary in the end zone call putting NE on the 1 yard line.

Wade, bless that son of a bum, marched the team off the field in protest, while NE lined up and took the points uncontested. I have never seen an NFL coach with the nads to pull what Wade did, but he was fined later by the league. All he did is call attention to the obvious turd of a fixed game and for having the audacity to say that "poop" stinks. Ralph actually stood behind Wade in his protest over the officiating.

That offseason, the two key holdout owners against instant replay - Ralph Wilson and the owner of the Detroit Lions changed their vote in favor of instant replay and it was adopted. I have a theory that the Bills organizaton was punished for several years after that vote by officiating crews that felt the Buffalo Bills organization was the key ingredient in both questioning and taking away their ability to make many of their traditional judgement calls; A privelege that they had enjoyed and IMO taken advantage of for as long as the game had been around.

I personally feel we took one for the league again and again until Gary Seeman stepped down as senior director of officiating in 2001. Coincidentally, that was the year after the Music City debacle and Ralph handing Wade Phillips his walking papers.

It is all speculation, but I could see that Seeman hanging on till he was satisfied that the coach that called his officiating organization into quetion was fired, but that is conspiracy theory at best. Even today, I still feel there is too much leeway given to officials in regards to holding and PI calls. I really have a problem with those two calls particularly when the flag is thrown in late and they either negate a large gain and kill momentum, or place an opponent on the 1 yard line. Those calls could just too easily be used to sway the outcome of a game, or point spread.

And Ralph was fined, too. And his response to the fine was absolutely epic, if anyone can find the link (I can't).

It wasn't just our players, it was audibly recorded, I remeber them playing it back a few years later, clear as day.BTW, there was nothing, from my memory, that was scandalous,

nobody even paid that much attention to it outside of Buffalo, that's how low we rate. I didn't rememeber Wade doing what you said, but I am sure he did, and that's awsome that

he did. Yes, this is one the NFL's methods of subtle manipulation, and it isn't too subtle anymore!

You wouldn't believe how little storage space we have at 345 Park Ave.

:lol::worthy:

It wasn't just our players, it was audibly recorded, I remeber them playing it back a few years later, clear as day.BTW, there was nothing, from my memory, that was scandalous,

nobody even paid that much attention to it outside of Buffalo, that's how low we rate. I didn't rememeber Wade doing what you said, but I am sure he did, and that's awsome that

he did. Yes, this is one the NFL's methods of subtle manipulation, and it isn't too subtle anymore!

That year the Bills were very relevant because of Doug Flutie.