Can't put this one on Fitz...

rolly

Precisely.

The math is simple, the facts don't lie: giving up 32 ppg means you have to score 33 ppg to win, a feat only edit: nine professional teams since 1941 have accomplished.

Even the most ardent Fitz supporters concede he doesn't belong among those ranks...duh.

www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/greatest-scoring-offenses-all-nfl-history/6100

Average defense/below average defense, lets say 20th or so, and pretty good chance we're 5-2 right now (and in first place).

Like another poster said, Fitz with a bad defense is a losing combination since Fitz isn't good enough to make up the difference. Fitz with a good defense and you'd have a good shot to win pretty much every single week.

But, since replacing/changing the defense is too difficult a task, fans simply focus most of their anger on Fitz - it becomes the easiest target.

There's no doubt in my mind that if we run the ball on 3rd down and punt it away, the Titans drive the entire length of the field and score anyway. No doubt in my mind...why? Because it's almost impossible for the Bills to make a simple stop on 3 downs, and down right impossible for them to do so when a team goes for it on 4th as well. If I were an opposing team, every drive would be a 4 down drive..teams would get 10yds vs this sad group in 4 attempts 95% of the time.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see this outstanding quarterback game from doo-doo that everybody else saw... I seen screens and dump passes with 8 yard slants?? Where was this outstanding game?? When he had to throw 10 yards or more what happen?? Missed and a pic.. Did i not see something???

Yeah you must have completely missed his TD throws to Jones and SJ.

I don't believe ANYONE is arguing that Fitz ought to be evaluated on today's performance based on his ability to orchestrate a game winning drive (except you). He took A LOT more four snaps, just to KEEP us in the game when the defense indicated no desire to do so.

And the opposing QB used the opportunity to drive the winning TD. If you're going to blame a porous Bills D, Titans horrendous D also should be given an assist in Fitz's performance.

As others have said, just because the D is awful does not excuse Fitz's erratic play over the last 15 games.

And the opposing QB used the opportunity to drive the winning TD. If you're going to blame a porous Bills D, Titans horrendous D also should be given an assist in Fitz's performance.

As others have said, just because the D is awful does not excuse Fitz's erratic play over the last 15 games.

I'll repeat: we need to score 33 ppg to win with this defense. NINE teams since 1941 have done so.

I didn't see this outstanding quarterback game from doo-doo that everybody else saw... I seen screens and dump passes with 8 yard slants?? Where was this outstanding game?? When he had to throw 10 yards or more what happen?? Missed and a pic.. Did i not see something???

It's funny how history get rewritten on message boards.

TD pass to Jones - 15 yds in the air.

TD pass to Stevie - 27 yds (prob about 20 were in air)

So ya, I'd say you did not see something. Next you'll say that the defense wasn't that bad either right? They made some really big plays against Tom Brady..i mean Matt Hasselback.

I simply don't agree with this mentality...ya, ANY kind of turnover sucks, but it's not an excuse to just roll over and !@#$ing die and give up the lead with 1 minute to go AT HOME. The INT didn't occur on the Bills 20 yd line. The titans, led by Joe Montanta, still had to drive more than 50yds to score.

I'll repeat: we need to score 33 ppg to win with this defense. NINE teams since 1941 have done so.

Newsflash, the defense gave up 28 points in 57 minutes of play (and only 7 in second half) all you ask your pro QB to do is make the right call and not throw it to one guy out of four who is covered. You also hope that he can at least get a first down when the game is on the line.

Which is another question, how many times has Fitz drove the team for a game winner on the last drive? That's what separates real starting QBs from backups.

I was at the game today and it just seemed that ANY quarterback in the NFL could have made those passes that Fitz made today, especially the TD passes to Jones and Stevie. making those throws should be table stakes for being a starter in the NFL. It's so easy to play defense against us because we don't go downfield EVER. that being the case, i don't get why we drafted tj graham (but that's besides the point).

The defense is definitely awful, historically bad. How we fix it, I don't know but it does seem like the talent we have at least has the potential to be better. maybe not top 10 or even top 20 in the league, but at least not historically bad. however, nothing seems to fire up a team more than a qb change and i believe that's what we have to do during the bye week. i absolutely hate hearing fitz and chan talking game after the game about why they don't know why things went wrong and how fitz wants throws back or whatever. screw it, blow the whole thing up. what's the worst that can happen? we already can't score against decent defenses. at least it'll show that we're trying.

Newsflash, the defense gave up 28 points in 57 minutes of play (and only 7 in second half) all you ask your pro QB to do is make the right call and not throw it to one guy out of four who is covered. You also hope that he can at least get a first down when the game is on the line.

Which is another question, how many times has Fitz drove the team for a game winner on the last drive? That's what separates real starting QBs from backups.

Newsflash: the Defense gave up the lead and 35 points, not Fitz. Fitz wasn't playing LB after the INT. Was the INT on the 20yd line? The 10yd line? Did the game end right there after the INT? Was it a pick 6? Did they not have to drive 52yds? Is it too much to ask a PRO Defense to not give up 35 points at home against a Titans offense led by Matt Hasselback?

Newsflash: This defense is the worst in the NFL.

Stop with the nonsense. Just like a 21-7 lead halfway through the 3rd quarter at home vs. the Pats wasn't good enough either.

You are wasting your breath. They really just don't get it. When he craps out again against Houston it'll be "we'll sure, Wade's D is the best, just look at the stats".

You are wasting your breath. They really just don't get it. When he craps out again against Houston it'll be "we'll sure, Wade's D is the best, just look at the stats".

1. Where does our defense rank this season?

2. Where does our offense rank this season?

I get it.

1. Where does our defense rank this season?

2. Where does our offense rank this season?

I get it.

Fitz has little to do with any success our offence achieves. He actually holds it back. Now start telling me how great his individual stats are. Oh, I take it back. Now he is middle of the pack (sorry I forgot the most recent flavour).

Yeah you must have completely missed his TD throws to Jones and SJ.

2 Passes.. I can name about 15 right now that were missed, behind, high so what you saying???

It's funny how history get rewritten on message boards.

TD pass to Jones - 15 yds in the air.

TD pass to Stevie - 27 yds (prob about 20 were in air)

So ya, I'd say you did not see something. Next you'll say that the defense wasn't that bad either right? They made some really big plays against Tom Brady..i mean Matt Hasselback.

Those two TWO passes were manly because the receiver got open...LOL... those are only 2 passes.. out of what 27 I do apologize if your proud of those 2 passes.. Be real if Stevie didn't break for all those yards would this even be talked about??? problaby not... But If you wanna call 2 passes and outstanding game I can't talk to you...

2 Passes.. I can name about 15 right now that were missed, behind, high so what you saying???

Those two TWO passes were manly because the receiver got open...LOL... those are only 2 passes.. out of what 27 I do apologize if your proud of those 2 passes.. Be real if Stevie didn't break for all those yards would this even be talked about??? problaby not... But If you wanna call 2 passes and outstanding game I can't talk to you...

This guy must've watched San Fran tape instead of this week's game.

Boom!!! There's the point. Fitz fooled us with the win against Oakland last year and has shrunk from every challenge since.

There is enough blame to go around as usual. But Fitz can not be excused. If he doesn't throw that pick at the end, we win the game. Period. As bad as the defense is, the fact remains that if he had hit one of the other open receivers instead of throwing the pick, it was a Buffalo win. The sad part is that judging from Gailey's press conference, there will be no changes in the bye week. No QB change, no defensive changes and we will have to suffer through another 9 unwatchable games before both he and Fitz are gone for good.

I don't believe ANYONE is arguing that Fitz ought to be evaluated on today's performance based on his ability to orchestrate a game winning drive (except you). He took A LOT more four snaps, just to KEEP us in the game when the defense indicated no desire to do so.

Well crunch time is crunch time some qb's get it done......fitz didn't. It is a valid point regardless of this whole defense vs fitz nonsense I see everywhere. The d blows, it's not asking for too much to have a qb that can get a team in fg range w time left and timeouts. Matt Ryan gets that fg w 30 secs on the clock BLOW IT UP ! Thanks wanny