stunning time management decisions

tbonehawaii

1. Why on earth do we let Tennessee run down all that time on fourth down? From the 15 they are going to score or not. time if not join to be a factor with nearly two minutes left. if they do we need more time.

2. Why call a time out in the middle of the third quarter in a tight game?

3. on fit's interception, why call a pass at all with a 6 point lead? granted the prior punt might not have filled them with confidence.

p.s. throw that stupid chart away. in the second half if you have chance to tie a game, try to tie it.

You take the free point every time with that much clock left and that chart is irrelevant in the 3rd quarter.

Actually I thought it was a mistake on Tenn part not calling a time out earlier rather than letting it wind down. It's 4th and 8, if the Bills stop him., they get the ball they run three times and punt, Tenn may still has time left to go back down and score so if you're taking the time out anyway, may as well take it earlier in case you need the time later.

On the int, I thought they should have ran that Fitz bootleg play again that worked earlier

1. Why on earth do we let Tennessee run down all that time on fourth down? From the 15 they are going to score or not. time if not join to be a factor with nearly two minutes left. if they do we need more time.

I said the same thing in the gameday thread. I don't understand how you let 30 secs tick away there.

Actually I thought it was a mistake on Tenn part not calling a time out earlier rather than letting it wind down. It's 4th and 8, if the Bills stop him., they get the ball they run three times and punt, Tenn may still has time left to go back down and score so if you're taking the time out anyway, may as well take it earlier in case you need the time later.

On the int, I thought they should have ran that Fitz bootleg play again that worked earlier

or just throw to Graham running underneath the slot....

you know cuz he was WIDE !@#$ING OPEN...

You take the free point every time with that much clock left and that chart is irrelevant in the 3rd quarter.

REALLY? Look at the score board. Consequences of going for it are a tie or a loss by another point.

Yeah, it's really easy in hindsight.

Every professional coach in the NFL takes the point there because it's the right thing to do.

3. on fit's interception, why call a pass at all with a 6 point lead? granted the prior punt might not have filled them with confidence.

My sentiments exactly. Chan is an awful head coach. He has no clue. he blew last game as well but was saved by a clanged field goal.

REALLY? Look at the score board. Consequences of going for it are a tie or a loss by another point.

If the Bills went for two and missed, and then lost because TN kicked two field goals, you'd be complaining about going for two.

If the Bills went for two and missed, and then lost because TN kicked two field goals, you'd be complaining about going for two.

Not so much actually. It might be the right thing to do if you are the Patriots of 49ers/ Not this team that either get's blown out or needs every point possible to squeak by. The scoreboard and ****ty defense speak for themselves.

That's just an idiotic statement. I don't care what anyone says not going for two cost us the game!

I am not a fan of this coaching staff, but I can understand the thought process for #1 above. If the Bills call TO immediately after the 3rd down play, and stop TEN on 4th down (as improbable as that may be), you've saved TEN 30+ seconds and a timeout, in the event that they stop the Bills and force a punt.

And, in hindsight, it's easy to say that the Bills should have went for a 2-pt conversion. But what if they don't convert, and TEN kicks 2 FGs in the 4th quarter?

I don't understand the decision to throw the ball on 3rd down, or the pass on 2nd down. Seemed like the Bills had more receptions for negative yardage today than they did rushes for negative yardage.