OT....I'm off to Goose Hunt

The Tomcat

Just off of Chautauqua Lake outside of Bemus Point....

(Thats in NY for you Austrailians) :blink:

The limit was 8....my son isn't aloud to shoot yet but as he tells it..."He got to finish one off" (stepped on its head)

He really had fun........

ps...last year I won a Duck Hunt with Rob Ray....that was fun!

That is high-altitude shooting if they're on the wing...hi-cap 12 or 10 gauge stuff. A bit stiff for a 10-year old shoulder. Or are you hunting them on take-off from a blind?

14928[/snapback]

I've used a 10 gauge goose gun before. It's just about too much for an adult shoulder, if you're a skinny little runt like me.

Glad you got him out hunting. Too many people this day and age are SO against the idea of a gun, let alone using one that the skills are eroding.

I've used a 10 gauge goose gun before. It's just about too much for an adult shoulder, if you're a skinny little runt like me.

Glad you got him out hunting. Too many people this day and age are SO against the idea of a gun, let alone using one that the skills are eroding.

14943[/snapback]

My buddy has a double barrel 10 gauge. Friggin' ridiculous amount of firepower. Of course, he's 6'3" and 285 pounds, so it don't bother him.

ok, so you were hunting geese. These geese were not domesticated. Also, before you shot them, you had to find them.  So, technically, you were on a 'wild goose chase', correct?

:P

15009[/snapback]

That joke just cries for a mercy deletion from the mods... :blink: