Bills fans in Arizona

QB Bills

Was it just me or did it seem like there was an inordinate number of Bills fans at the stadium on Sunday? The crowd noise wasn't exactly a 50/50 split, but at times it felt like the Bills were the home team.

Excellent job to those who attended. I really feel there are more Bills fans out there than people realize. There has to be more people like me (kids who grew up watching the great teams of the early 90s who are now in their football-watching prime) out there all over North America. If they ever got good again, we might see more old fans come out of the woodwork.

I was at the game and there seemed to be more Bills fans than I remember the last time they played there. There were a lot at the hotel I was staying. We were a loud group for sure. I will admit the Cardinal fans were much more behaved in the section I was in. No foul mouthed idiots to deal with. An enjoyable game!

Was it just me or did it seem like there was an inordinate number of Bills fans at the stadium on Sunday? The crowd noise wasn't exactly a 50/50 split, but at times it felt like the Bills were the home team.

Excellent job to those who attended. I really feel there are more Bills fans out there than people realize. There has to be more people like me (kids who grew up watching the great teams of the early 90s who are now in their football-watching prime) out there all over North America. If they ever got good again, we might see more old fans come out of the woodwork.

It was definitely not just you. Bills fans came through loud and clear on the little MacBook I was watching the game on. At the peak moments, the Cards fans were louder, as they should be, but during a lot of the game, it was hard to tell where the game was (you know, except for the picture of that angry red bird on the 50 yard line). Awesome job, Bills fans in AZ. Very impressive.

The Arizona Bills Backers did an unbelievable job.

There was a Friday night Pub Crawl, a Saturday Stadium Tour followed by a golf tournament, a Saturday Night Party with former Bills players, a Sunday morning tailgate, etc etc.

The estimates were that there were at least 5000 Bills fans at the game and the stadium capacity is about 65000 meaning that 1 out of every 13 attendees was a Bills fan.

And we were loud and proud!!!

p.s. And Pinto Kenny was there for his 299th consecutive Bills game. He's attended over 400 games but the Titans game will be his 300th in a row. I was very honored to be introduced to him and Mrs. Pinto Kenny by our poster here, Jamie Nails and do a shot out of the infamous bowling ball.

It was a great weekend.

It was great meeting Jamie Nails this week and Calbear last week. Absolutely great guys.

Big disappointment that NewEra and I kept missing each other. Hopefully next time.

The Arizona Bills Backers did an unbelievable job.

There was a Friday night Pub Crawl, a Saturday Stadium Tour followed by a golf tournament, a Saturday Night Party with former Bills players, a Sunday morning tailgate, etc etc.

The estimates were that there were at least 5000 Bills fans at the game and the stadium capacity is about 65000 meaning that 1 out of every 13 attendees was a Bills fan.

And we were loud and proud!!!

p.s. And Pinto Kenny was there for his 299th consecutive Bills game. He's attended over 400 games but the Titans game will be his 300th in a row. I was very honored to be introduced to him and Mrs. Pinto Kenny by our poster here, Jamie Nails and do a shot out of the infamous bowling ball.

It was a great weekend.

It was great meeting Jamie Nails this week and Calbear last week. Absolutely great guys.

Big disappointment that NewEra and I kept missing each other. Hopefully next time.

Bigger disappointment that we may have actually met and just not know it. My car was parked 4 cars down from the "bowling ball shots". I did one myself as well as make sure to take some time out to talk with Kenny. Unfortunately I had to turn my phone off for a few hours to make sure the battery didn't die. We went over to WestGate after the game. Got back to the hotel after 1am. 15 hours of drinking. I'm still trying to recover. Hopefully we can meet up another time buddy. Sorry I missed ya. It was an incredible time

Living in AZ since 93 and was at the game (first row behind the Bills bench 50 yr line) and at times it was deafening for AZ, I was with 3 Cards fans so I was happy to see the entire row behind me being all Bills fans and we can cheer together. I've been to a Cleveland/Cards game in the past (bro in law is from Cleveland) and it seems it is at least half visiting team in AZ. Same experience at Yotes games.

It was great and Corey McIntrye came over and shook hands with Bills faithful. Ticked he gave his wristbands to the idiot Card heckler, but the best revenge is that we won.

Definitely a great trip. Nice to come away with a win! Much better than the trek to AZ four years ago.

It was good to catch up with some old faces and some from the week before in SF. Most importantly , I finally got to meet up with my prolific neighbor from the South Bay, SJ Bills Fan- it only took a trip to another state! Good times!

Cheers to all that made it out to the game; I agree...Bills fans were out in force. It was truly a home away game.

they were shown frequently on the TV. looked nice, great enthusiasm, with the exception of the gif someone showed with the (what looked like) a lone Bills fan waving is arms high middle fingers extended after a Cars TD.

was that anyone here?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Given the mass exodus from WNY over the past 35 years, there are more Bills fans outside of Erie County than inside, and its not even close. Do the math. Heck my 20 something kids are Bills fans and they've hardly even been there.

co-workers bro goes to college in Arizona..said he was at game and was very surprised to see so many Bills tailgaters...he said he saw tailgate parties that started on Friday thru Sunday...not sure what team he was supporting tho..my co-worker is a Giants fan so ??

What a great time, 40% of the crowd was for the Bills. A few thoughts.

- people in Arizona were great hosts, the fans at the game were first class.

- the stadium was ridiculously mint.

- the team was inspired by the Bills fans presence.

- the whole trip was cheap. i got my 8 tickets on stubhub for less then face value, beers 7.50, hotel cheap from hotwire ( $42 for 3 stars)

parking $10. etc.

- Terrance McGee still our best cb, the man is a shadow and has ball skills.

- Mario Williams was a destructive force.

- the bills fan base is huge and national.

Were there a lot of empty seats? It was difficult to determine if the seats were occupied or not because so many people were wearing red? I believe there were 60,000 people at the game and the capacity is in the 63,400 range. Just interested in the support level in the desert compared to western NY.

Sidenote: It makes little sense to me that almost all franchises and public authorities have sold the naming rights for their stadiums yet Ralph Wilson forcefully refuses to do so. It makes no sense. He is simply out of touch.

I went to the game and it felt great to see so many Bills fans showing there pride out here in Az, but during the year I feel like I am the only Bills fan out here and I know there are definitely more Bills fans out here that can show your Bills pride year round. Come on Bills fans don't just show that pride when the team is in town show it year round wheither we are winning or losing. Be proud of your team they are a part of us an we are a part of them. Go BILLS!!!!

Id be willing to bet there was more then 5000 fans...

Yeah, the 5000 is a conservative estimate. It sure seems like there were a lot more Bills fans than that.

What a great time, 40% of the crowd was for the Bills. A few thoughts. - people in Arizona were great hosts, the fans at the game were first class.

The way it was explained to me is that because Phoenix is a boomtown, many of the people there are not native Arizonans. As a result, there are not many super passionate fans like there are in many other NFL cities. But yes, the people down there seem pretty friendly and it was definitely the least hostile away game I've ever attended. By far.

I went to the game and it felt great to see so many Bills fans showing there pride out here in Az, but during the year I feel like I am the only Bills fan out here and I know there are definitely more Bills fans out here that can show your Bills pride year round. Come on Bills fans don't just show that pride when the team is in town show it year round wheither we are winning or losing. Be proud of your team they are a part of us an we are a part of them. Go BILLS!!!!

I don't know how you feel about watching the Bills games at a sports bar but if you wanted to, you could watch the games with a ton of Bills fans.