Yesterday I wasn't but...

Justice

I took the loss well yesterday. I caught a movie (The Aviator), my spirits were up and I was proud of the Bills and I felt good about the Bills' comeback from 0 and 4. I was also happy when I thought about next year's Bills.

But then I woke up in a horrible mood today and the loss started eating at me. HOW COULD BLEDSOE REVERT BACK TO BLEEDSLOW? WHY DID WE COMMIT SO MANY PENALTIES? HOW COULD WE ALLOW OURSELVES TO GET BEAT AT HOME WITH A PLAYOFF SPOT ON THE LINE AGAINST SECOND AND THIRD STRINGERS? WHY DID'NT WE GO FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN? WTF's UP WITH THAT DELAY PITCH TO SHAUD WILLIAMS ON THIRD AND ONE? WHY DID WE THROW TO JOSH REED?

Hopefully this is a learning experience for our beloved Bills. They must learn that they can't trust Lindell or Bledsoe. They must learn how to win the games that mean the most. They need to upgrade the O-Line, also.

Agreed... last night, I was okay. A little stunned, but okay.

This morning, I felt like crying. It SUCKS!! Reminds me of the Superbowl losses. When the money is on the table, we sucked it up BIG TIME.

Number 1 to blame is Lindell... Cryin' Lindell... should get the boot.

Bledsoe lost his confidence early, and usually when he loses his confidence, we lose the game. The coaching staff should have seen that. Done something about it. On 3rd and 1, when Willis can't play (with the arm or whatever)... take a time out. Do something! That drive was too important to have Bledsoe make a huge mistake. Throwing it backwards. D'oh

Didn't that look exactly like what Aaron Brooks did a few weeks back?

Why do people keep referring to the missed FG as the biggest reason? We lost by 5 points, not 3.

190321[/snapback]

Football is a game of momentum. Remember a game against a Houston Oliers team that couldn't stop our momentum.

That missed FG KILLED the momentum gained by that INT by Clements.

Why do people keep referring to the missed FG as the biggest reason? We lost by 5 points, not 3.

190321[/snapback]

That miss was an absolute KILLER. The Bills needed points from that lengthy drive and to get none was so deflating. Up 4 would have been palatable at that point and let the defense keep the Steelers out of the EZ.

Lindell has not thrilled me during his tenure in Buffalo and to miss a very makeable FG in that situation is inexcusable.

Ship him and Reed out on the next train.

190321[/snapback]

The game was still under control until Bledsoe awarded the Steelers 7 points. Prior to that, we were down by 2 and Pittsburgh was removing players left and right. Cowher gave us every opportunity to win that game.

190321[/snapback]

lol, you need to go see that stupid movie Butterfly Effect. you change one thing and everything that follows is different... we're not living in a hoover

The game was still under control until Bledsoe awarded the Steelers 7 points.  Prior to that, we were down by 2 and Pittsburgh was removing players left and right.  Cowher gave us every opportunity to win that game.

190403[/snapback]

It also would have been nice if the Defense could have stopped them in the 4th quarter on that long drive. I think that missed FG really took the wind out of Buffalo's sails.

It was a momentum changer.

190323[/snapback]

Actually, I think it was the combination of that and the looooong run from scrimmage Pittsburgh ripped off the following play. The missed FG itself could have been overcome...but missing a FG, and one play later defending on your own 20? That's tough...

I think the momentum changer was the pass interference against Reed. That took us away from a 2nd & 2 at the four and gave us 1 & 20 from the 22 (I believe)

Why was Reed called for interference when it was within 5 yards and it was well before the ball was in the air. Is chucking illegal for the offense? If so, why?

Why was Reed called for interference when it was within 5 yards and it was well before the ball was in the air.  Is chucking illegal for the offense?  If so, why?

190424[/snapback]

Because you can't block down field. If it wasn't an illegal block then it was an obvious pick.

Yesterday, I took the loss well. Today, I'm taking the loss well. Then again, I didn't watch the game (:fyou: WBZ-4 in Boston, showed "The Backyardigans" at 1 when CBS had the doubleheader :P).

The winning streak and final record of 9-7 was more than I was expecting of the team back in training camp and early on. With some changes and tweaking next year, they might come out of the gate ready to go and know those early games are so important too. What those changes are, will certainly be discussed here.