[please fix subject]

dogman

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as he was great for us last year, and could still be good this year (he hasn't been that impressive so far), he wouldn't be worth much of anything due to his injuries and age on the trade market. We probably wouldn't even get a 4th for him.

I am, however, comfortable with CJ getting 75% of the touches.

Time for the Bills to turn the page on Fred Jackson. Two star half backs is an asset a losing team cannot afford to keep. He's at the age at which he is likely to continue to get hurt. I'm tired hearing how good he is in the locker room or how well he is liked. That's only relevant on a winning team. There is no chemistry here to mess up. Trashard Choice is a nice backup. Might the RB starved Packers give us a couple picks? Better yet, a linebacker- AJ Hawk.

They wont go for Hawk but Jordan Shipley would be good.

We also should steal BJ Coleman off their practice squad, kid has a nice arm and would be a legitimate developmental QB.

Freddie is waaaay over rated by Bills fans being homers.

FWIW, in the latest SI NFL player's poll, Fred was tied for the 2nd most underrated player in the league.

Here are the rest of the results based on the 198 NFL players who responded to SI’s players poll:

- Justin Smith, 49ers DE 6%

- Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars RB 5%

- Fred Jackson, Bills RB 5%

- Andre Johnson, Texans WR 4%

- Matt Forte, Bears RB 4%

•  

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/justin-smith-most-underrated-player-nfl/157917

Now, I wouldn't trade Fred, but it's obvious he's not recovered from his injury. Spiller needs to get the majority of the snaps at RB early in the game. Fred- when he's healthy- would best serve as the "closer" on this team.

Like Dorkington said, CJ needs to get about 75% of the snaps. Basically, I'd like to see the ratio/model displayed in the Chiefs and Browns games: Give CJ plenty of opportunities and use Fred how Choice was used while Fred was out. No disrespect to Fred, but CJ is too good and the Bills need to feed him. Limit Fred's carries and keep him fresh for when the Bills really need to grind it out late in games, and when Spiller needs a breather.

Of course, this idea only works when the Bills aren't playing catchup, so let's hope the new game plan the D is so excited about is successful this week.

•  

Time for the Bills to turn the page on Fred Jackson. Two star half backs is an asset a losing team cannot afford to keep. He's at the age at which he is likely to continue to get hurt. I'm tired hearing how good he is in the locker room or how well he is liked. That's only relevant on a winning team. There is no chemistry here to mess up. Trashard Choice is a nice backup. Might the RB starved Packers give us a couple picks? Better yet, a linebacker- AJ Hawk.

Stop whinning about Freddie Jackson. He's not the problem. There is not another team in the NFL that wouldn't love to grab a productive back like Freddie