Our two biggest weaknesses...

Wanny and Fitz...Doesn't mayyer how you rank them.

Fitz has thrown alot of TD's but he's missed just as many. Causing us to lose momentum at crucial times. Momentum is huge in football!

Wanny has the Front 4 do the same thing down in down out. No stunts, no twist, no blitz. 3rd and 3 corners are playing 8yrds off the reciever. C'Mon man.

If you watch the NE Game Gilmore was all over his man all game, so we know he can do it. He will get beat some, but that's the nature of his position, and a part of being a rookie. What we've done so far has not worked...I say send heat and play tight coverage, If you don't try it, then you can't say it doesn'r or won't work.

Go Bills!!!

Fitzpatrick has 5 tds & 0 picks in our 2 wins. In our 3 losses 7 tds & 8 picks. I don't think he cost us any game due to the beat downs we incurred.

It is not as simple as taking these statistics and pasting a picture that the problem is not Fitz.

Several times, Fitz overthrew his receivers. Threw those 7 picks at inopportune moments and showed no emotion to fightback after the defense gave up those points.

The real problem is though we have stopped running the ball effectively in the last two losses. That issue lies squarely on Gailey's shoulders.

I don't think that is what he is saying. I think he is saying that since the loss was so bad, fixing just the quarterback won't fix this team.

There is something much more troubling with this team than a qb problem

This.

Fitzpatrick was a very effective QB in the KC game. Boring, but effective - power running,more running, short high percentage passes.

Watching Schaub in the Texans-Jets game-Now I like Schaub, I think he's a better QB than Fitzpatrick, and I think he's an underrated QB in the NFL.

No question in my mind that his stats in part are because of how he's used: big runs, power runs, a lot of play-action.

This sort of strategy turned it around for Alex Smith, as well, who was floundering as a QB when asked to carry the team on his arm.

Is Fitz elite no. Is he being misused by Gailey, who is either allowing him far too much freedom or is calling some very inappropriate plays for the down and distance, yes.

1. Lack of toughness

2. Fitzpatrick

1. In an interview on BuffaloBills.com Eric Wood was asked questions about the problems the Bills are having. He fairly clearly stated that he felt the team has gone soft in the 2nd half. Initially, he stated that they "laid down". Prior to this all of what he said backed this up. Because "laid down" is a strong term, a reporter called him out a bit and said "laid down is a loaded term, what do you really mean by that?" At that point Wood backtracked a bit and said he didn't think they quit. Translation of all this: The team quit and has gone soft. Eric even went on to say that there are leaders in all the position rooms and he does not feel it is his place to call out players in positions other than O-Line. He said something like it is not his role to call anyone out on the defense (strongly hinting that the defense has gone extremely soft).

Think about this. The NFL is a really physical league and putting emphasis behind all of your hits and bumps leads to a lot more pain on Mondays. It really does take a lot of mental toughness to fight hard throughout an entire game and this team is not displaying that toughness. That is by far the Bills biggest problem.

2. Fitzpatrick obviously has not played well and it is fairly clear that he is a game manager at best. And when you're not even sure if he is good enough to be a game manager, you're in trouble. I hold just a little reservation on this because at the beginning of last year he showed an ability to really light it up. I'm talking he was carving defenses up drive after drive at times. However, I do not think that was his true quarterback self manifesting. He is not a good NFL quarterback and very likely never will be. Some of his misses are very costly and should be easily executed by an NFL QB.

The Hope:

1. Somehow, somebody rips into the softness of this team and somehow they get tough. Kyle William might be a good guy to do it. I think there is talent on this team and if guys play hard and tough, I think the results would be a lot different.

2. The defense keeps the Bills in games and this allows Fitz to be a game manager. Occasionally, he shows flashes of early 2011 to get us back in games.

I really think these are the two biggest problems. The toughness might be fixable. The QB thing has to be addressed in the offseason. Until then, hopefully Fitz can at least be average and consistent.

Our biggest weakness is our players cannot stay on the darn field. I've never seen a team go from fully healthy to signing guys off the street like this one. Every year, every year this happens, especially on the lines, and the whole thing falls apart. Amazing.

1- QB with an arm,

2- LB.

You might get your defensive toughness from better LB's - that's where most tough teams get theirs. If Bradham can execute well enough he's a big help there.

The offense is plenty tough. They'd look even tougher with FredEx healthy - he's clearly playing hurt.

Last year we had the worst linebacking I'd ever seen - with only Barnett looking like he belonged on the field. This year we were hoping Sheppard would step up but it hasn't happened so far, and meanwhile, Barnett looks like he's hit the wall on age.

Edited by BobChalmers

1. Owner

2. GM/Coaching

Any questions?

Perfect answer :thumbsup:

Most everyone is still blaming the QB for the teams woes, and yet Who the hell picked Fitz, and then decided to not draft a rookie to groom over the last 3 years.

Who is responsible for the worst ever defense in the history of the NFL? It sure as hell isn't Fitz!

1. Lack of toughness

2. Fitzpatrick

1. In an interview on BuffaloBills.com Eric Wood was asked questions about the problems the Bills are having. He fairly clearly stated that he felt the team has gone soft in the 2nd half. Initially, he stated that they "laid down". Prior to this all of what he said backed this up. Because "laid down" is a strong term, a reporter called him out a bit and said "laid down is a loaded term, what do you really mean by that?" At that point Wood backtracked a bit and said he didn't think they quit. Translation of all this: The team quit and has gone soft. Eric even went on to say that there are leaders in all the position rooms and he does not feel it is his place to call out players in positions other than O-Line. He said something like it is not his role to call anyone out on the defense (strongly hinting that the defense has gone extremely soft).

Think about this. The NFL is a really physical league and putting emphasis behind all of your hits and bumps leads to a lot more pain on Mondays. It really does take a lot of mental toughness to fight hard throughout an entire game and this team is not displaying that toughness. That is by far the Bills biggest problem.

2. Fitzpatrick obviously has not played well and it is fairly clear that he is a game manager at best. And when you're not even sure if he is good enough to be a game manager, you're in trouble. I hold just a little reservation on this because at the beginning of last year he showed an ability to really light it up. I'm talking he was carving defenses up drive after drive at times. However, I do not think that was his true quarterback self manifesting. He is not a good NFL quarterback and very likely never will be. Some of his misses are very costly and should be easily executed by an NFL QB.

The Hope:

1. Somehow, somebody rips into the softness of this team and somehow they get tough. Kyle William might be a good guy to do it. I think there is talent on this team and if guys play hard and tough, I think the results would be a lot different.

2. The defense keeps the Bills in games and this allows Fitz to be a game manager. Occasionally, he shows flashes of early 2011 to get us back in games.

I really think these are the two biggest problems. The toughness might be fixable. The QB thing has to be addressed in the offseason. Until then, hopefully Fitz can at least be average and consistent.

in order...

1-defense

2-offense

Fitzpatrick has 5 tds & 0 picks in our 2 wins. In our 3 losses 7 tds & 8 picks. I don't think he cost us any game due to the beat downs we incurred.

Just look at his history in Buffalo -That's what he does. 2 or 3 good games w/o and INT and 2 or 3 bad games with INT's (yes plural). History repeats itself with Fitzbeardo.

SHAVE THE BEARD!!!!!

1) we need a Def Coordinator. Wanny is clueless

2) Bench Fitz - he is unable to make the passes necessary for this team to win.

If Chan doesn't fire Wanny or bench Fitz then he should be fired.

Perry Fewell for HC in 2013 and Gino Smith for QB!

Edited by BuffaloFan68