Eric Mangini Can Turn This Defense Around

If Nix or Gailey wants to fire Wannstedt there are viable candidates to take the position. I will say it again this week. Mangini could save this defense. He is a scheme master. Our main problem IMO with this defense is scheme, mismatches and making adjustments.

I would love for the Bills to hire this guy in some position for the defense. At the very least Wannstedt could use some help.

It's so sad that a second "hire Mangini" thread appears a second week in a row (http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/150784-hire-eric-mangini-as-a-defensive-consultant/page__st__20). I blame Ralph.

Mangini's players hated him.

I say we give Perry Fewell a call after the season is over and offer him the HC job

And when he says no?

Should have given it to Fewell a long time ago.

No, should have gone Bobby April a long time ago.

What in the world leads you to believe that the Giants would be willing to sacrifice their entire season by allowing their defensive-coordinator out of his contract to negotiate with other teams after week five?

I do think the original poster who mentioned Fewell specified "after the season".

Fewell chose Fitzpatrick as his QB....Enough said.

Fewell chose Fitzpatrick as his QB during the season over Trent Edwards, the other choice he had. We'll never know what Fewell would have done if he'd had an off-season for roster moves.

Sure there is a practical way to replace the current DC Dave Wannstooge, fire his moronic butt and replace him with Bob Sanders who was the DC with the packers 2005-2008

If the Bills really wanted to make some changes Marty Schotthenheimer is out there currently retired, he could come in and replace Gailey. That is if RW finally feels "comfortable" with him.

This, pretty much. Though how old is Marty?

Sure there is a practical way to replace the current DC Dave Wannstooge, fire his moronic butt and replace him with Bob Sanders who was the DC with the packers 2005-2008

If the Bills really wanted to make some changes Marty Schotthenheimer is out there currently retired, he could come in and replace Gailey. That is if RW finally feels "comfortable" with him.

marty came to mind for me today

I say we give Perry Fewell a call after the season is over and offer him the HC job

My first choice is Marty, my 2nd choice is Perry. I wish we had just given him the job when he was here.

No, should have gone Bobby April a long time ago.

Seconded. I liked Perry Fewell, but April was the assistant HC, and the most consistent motivator and innovative game planner we've had in a decade. There's a long line of successful head coaches who began as special teams coordinators, and April could have been, should have been, and might still be the next in that tradition.

And I'm not sure how agreeable Fewell would be to interviewing, a second time, for a GM who didn't choose him the first time around, and went with Bill Cowher's recommendation over those of his own players.

The more I think about Perry Fewell, the more I like it.

You know what? You may be on to something...

Should have given it to Fewell a long time ago.

Honestly I mean at this point it's about getting someone in here who will get the most from their players and I truly believe he would. Glad you guys agree with me!! GO BILLS!!

I do think the original poster who mentioned Fewell specified "after the season".

Fewell chose Fitzpatrick as his QB during the season over Trent Edwards, the other choice he had. We'll never know what Fewell would have done if he'd had an off-season for roster moves.

This, pretty much. Though how old is Marty?

seriously, who cares how old he is, Dick Vermeil is 75 and I'd recommend him If i thought he could do as well as Marty S

Marty might be 69, but I'll bet that burning fire to win is still with him! Marty has a rep of taking teams that suck and rebuilding them fairly quickly. I can see playoffs this year with the same players!!