Mike Nolan for Head Coach

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gailey will be the coach until Ralph is gone, IMO. Then all bets are off anyway. Who cares who coaches the San Antonio Longhorns or Toronto IceWines, or whatever the heck they'll be renamed.

Sad fact, but probably true :bag:

I'm still holding out hope that Ralph Wilson goes thru that period of clarity that most old people go thru before they pass. He wakes up to the realization that his family will be set for the rest of their lives even if he sells before he passes.

Sell it to either a single person or group but stipulate that the team stays in Buffalo for x amount of years.Buffalo fans have kept Ralph Wilson in profitability despite all the losing seasons, he needs to reciprocate that loyalty. That is if he wants leave a respectable legacy, and not one like Art Modell

Sad fact, but probably true :bag:

I'm still holding out hope that Ralph Wilson goes thru that period of clarity that most old people go thru before they pass. He wakes up to the realization that his family will be set for the rest of their lives even if he sells before he passes.

Sell it to either a single person or group but stipulate that the team stays in Buffalo for x amount of years.Buffalo fans have kept Ralph Wilson in profitability despite all the losing seasons, he needs to reciprocate that loyalty. That is if he wants leave a respectable legacy, and not one like Art Modell

If the Bills leave then at least the county can rename Ralph Wilson stadium. Or tear it down.

Thank you for saying this. I have been thinking this for about a year now, but people keep referring to Gailey as a great offensive mind and I just don't see it. People also like to say that Gailey gets the most out of a mediocre QB. Again, I'm not seeing it. Right now, I believe that the team has better than average talent with worse than average coaching. I don't know how to back this up with facts; it is just a gut feel.

I actually think Buddy Nix has done a very good job upgrading this roster - in a manner that is not hurried, though, but also appears capable of staying good; I mean, we seem like we're getting deeper and bigger, and just better, overall, player-wise. However, I'm left scratching my head game after game, wondering what the @#$%# one or other, or both, of our coordinators was thinking. Even in the first half of the New England game, I thought we were getting very lucky, and didn't look all that good offensively.

I hear, time and again, how coaches need time to put a system together, players need time to gel, but I see exceptions - San Fran's recent success is an example, that do not appear arbitrary. I think a good coach (again, St. Louis is another example, this year! Look what Fisher is doing there.) can get the most out of players, and put them into schemes and plays that will allow them to be successful. Nolan is another example of this - no matter where he goes, his defenses seem to go from bad to very good immediately.

The money spent on Mario Williams would have been 10 times better spent on a 8-10 year contract (or, at least, on giving the right coach 10 million a year) for the right H.C.. I'm not saying go blow that much - what I'm saying is, look how ineffective Maio has been - one player - but, think how much of a drastic influence over every player the right Head Coach would make. I just can't understand why the Bills are so dumb about this. If you don't have a great H.C., you'll need just about every other facet of the team to be elite in order to find maximum success. However, with the right coach, he can elevate less than elite talent.

We are set up fine to play a 3-4.

Mario could play OLB or DE. Anderson at one OLB, Moats is another OLB, Shep and Barnett inside. Its the same front 7 starters. We have great flexibility.

Who's your NT? -Dareus?

Anyway, I'm all for it. Once Romeo Crennell is fired from KC, he could be our DC. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

He's just as horrible a head coaching candidate as he was earlier in this same topic.

BB, I saw the guy up close and personal for 3 years.

Please, if you have even one half iota of trust in my judgement, believe me.

This guy is not a head coaching candidate.

He was a complete, unmitigated disaster.

His players hated him, his coaches hated him, the media hated him, and the fans hated him.

His press conferences were like listening to a bad used car salesman.

He's just as horrible a head coaching candidate as he was earlier in this same topic.

BB, I saw the guy up close and personal for 3 years.

Please, if you have even one half iota of trust in my judgement, believe me.

This guy is not a head coaching candidate.

He was a complete, unmitigated disaster.

His players hated him, his coaches hated him, the media hated him, and the fans hated him.

His press conferences were like listening to a bad used car salesman.

Belicheat was horrible too, Nolan isn't the tyrant he used to be and the players are loving him in Atlanta Now.

I value your opinion but I think Nolan Would do better a second time around.

In his first 4 seasons at Cleveland, Belichick was 31-33 with one playoff appearance and the team improved each year he was there.

In his 5th and final season, the team went 5-11 and was dogged by the fact that they would be leaving Cleveland at season's end. Belichick's firing only had some to do with performance.

Even with that last doomed season, Belichick was 36-44 in Cleveland.

Nolan was 18-37 in San Francisco.

If you ever heard Nolan actually attempt to speak in full, complete sentences (he can't), you'd know he doesn't have the ability to be an NFL Head Coach.

Also, history tends to suggest (if you've seen the documentaries) that Belichick did a great job in Cleveland.

No one (at least in the Bay Area) believes that Nolan did anything other than a horrible job.

Mike Nolan = Dumpster Diving

I would love him as our DC though.