First year on the D-job for Dave (the stash) Wannstedt might be his la

It's tough to get handed a new crew & train them to all be on the same page in the first year is going to be tough. DW was given the keys to a Ferrari without the training to drive it, he's actually blown deals like this before as well. You don't spend the most ever for a defensive superstar when you have nothing else really set in stone, it's a go for broke scenario that's pretty risky.

I'm not trying to be totally negative but if the defense fails & the team crashes, heads are going to roll. The expectations are really too high for a new D-coach & a major change in your defensive system, Dave W. is in way over his head.

It's tough to get handed a new crew & train them to all be on the same page in the first year is going to be tough. DW was given the keys to a Ferrari without the training to drive it, he's actually blown deals like this before as well. You don't spend the most ever for a defensive superstar when you have nothing else really set in stone, it's a go for broke scenario that's pretty risky.

I'm not trying to be totally negative but if the defense fails & the team crashes, heads are going to roll. The expectations are really too high for a new D-coach & a major change in your defensive system, Dave W. is in way over his head.

Yeah, because DW has basically no experience as a defensive coordinator. He's way over his head and should be fired.

Yeah, because DW has basically no experience as a defensive coordinator. He's way over his head and should be fired.

You guys do realize that we're on pace to allow 525 points & have the 2nd worst showing by a defense? We're also on pace for giving up 300 points to our divisional opponents, that's brutul. I originally wrote this 8-15-2012. So yeah i deserve a cookie for the foresight.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

You guys do realize that we're on pace to allow 525 points & have the 2nd worst showing by a defense? We're also on pace for giving up 300 points to our divisional opponents, that's brutul. I originally wrote this 8-15-2012. So yeah i deserve a cookie for the foresight.

chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

You got it. Nothing more so deserving then a guy tootin' his own horn.

Damn, always second place!... doh!

As long as we are not wide right this time, I say we go NASCAR, go left, second place! YEAH!

Keys to a Ferrari? He's got the Ferrari engine, that's about it (D Line) There is no chassis, no body, and no interior trim. One very average 3 down LB in Barnett but that's it. That alone limits his scheme flexibility. 1 decent safety in Byrd puts a cramp on things as well. And when your most experienced starting CB is a second year player, no matter how promising the rookie is, you are vulnerable. In short we have a GREAT front four and a CRAP back seven.

Ferrari engine. Not much else.

That said, he probably had his second worse game as a DC on Sunday. It made his Jest game plan a work of art.

GO BILLS!!!