Let's say the Bills beat the Niners

BisonMan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suppose the Bills beat the Niners in a reasonably sound way, say 28-17. There is a lot of gnashing of teeth around here this week because they got trounced by the Pats. How much would your personal perception change if the Bills beat the Niners in SF this weekend? Forget whether you think it's likely to happen (it's not) but given the NFL, on any given Sunday...

I realize that some games are "statement" games. Beating the Pats would have been one and losing to them badly likely makes a statement. Beating the Browns and Chiefs were not statements, IMHO. Beating the 49ers would be.

As long as it ain't a divisional game, I'd say we have a darn good chance of winning.

Gotta love that Buffalo Bills eternal optimism...

Its normally very difficult for any team to cross from either coast and then be productive and win a game. So not only do the Bills need to face that obstacle, they also face a team that might lose just one or two games all year long. A team with the #3 in defense in the NFL, playing at home. A team that went 13-3 last year and was one game away from the SB.

A team that is 3-1, 104 PF, 65 PA. A team that is the #2 favorite to win the SB this year @ 5-1 odds. A team that just smoked division rival Jets 34-0. The Niners are a -10 against the Bills

As for me, I have lost all faith in this coaching staff! Still, GO BILLS!

EDIT: 13-3 typo

Edited by Fear the Beard

Until there is an ownership change the Buffalo Bills will continue to perennial losers.

How the heck can you blame the current state of the franchise on Ralph Wilson????

Buddy knows what he's doing. He reorganized the scouting department. We got the best defensive FA on the market. And Chan Gaily is orders of magnitude than Jauron.

What we have is inconsistency from our new big FA DE and a DC who doesn't seem to make the appropriate adjustments.

That has ZERO to do with ownership. You're being silly.

Gotta love that Buffalo Bills eternal optimism...

Its normally very difficult for any team to cross from either coast and then be productive and win a game. So not only do the Bills need to face that obstacle, they also face a team that might lose just one or two games all year long. A team with the #3 in defense in the NFL, playing at home. A team that went 3-13 last year and was one game away from the SB.

A team that is 3-1, 104 PF, 65 PA. A team that is the #2 favorite to win the SB this year @ 5-1 odds. A team that just smoked division rival Jets 34-0. The Niners are a -10 against the Bills

As for me, I have lost all faith in this coaching staff! Still, GO BILLS!

3-13? Anyhow, it's easier traveling right to left coast for football teams. That said nothing rational ever works for the Bills. Now with at least a few good players, our sub-par coaching is glaring.

Bills 14-12. Cheered on by the 1500+ Bills fans that will be in attendance. Mario's healed boo boo will no longer be an excuse. Bills will get 5 sacks. The stat crowd will go insane.

If you believe the Buffalose Bills will win against the 49er's then I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I would like to sell you.

My Prediction

Bills 16

49er's 34

Not to pick but the question wasn't whether you think the Bills will win or lose (I personally think they'll lose) but how would your perceptions of the team change if they did win.

I think this would be a bit of a statement win. It wouldn't reduce my misgivings about the team's performance against our division opponents though. I guess on a scale of 1 (total pessimist) to 10 (total optimist), I'd move from a 2 to a 4.

3-13? Anyhow, it's easier traveling right to left coast for football teams. That said nothing rational ever works for the Bills. Now with at least a few good players, our sub-par coaching is glaring.

Bills 14-12. Cheered on by the 1500+ Bills fans that will be in attendance. Mario's healed boo boo will no longer be an excuse. Bills will get 5 sacks. The stat crowd will go insane.

Yea, the time differential between the coasts may seem to make it easier on the east coast teams going west. But the reality is that all that flight time, and traveling disrupt most players normal routines. Most teams doing all the traveling usually lose. The only good thing is the Bills might just be more prepared and relaxed to face the Arizona Cardinals then the 49ers. But then there is the coaching :bag:

I give the Bills no chance against the 49ers, and a decent shot to beat the Cards.

idk why you think beating them by ten plus or whatever makes it more significant, but ANY win this week would be huge

and frankly, im starting to think its gonna happen

im 4-0 on predicting bills games so far, including 4-0 ats

im certainly taking the bills +11 and im teetering on the idea of picking them outright. heres why: focus and desperation. any time you have one team that really needs a game and the other would like it but doesnt really need it, the more desperate team usually is a better bet. add in the fact of the total embarrassment of their last half of football, the bills are going to be especially focused all week

tough game but i think the bills keep it close and i would of course love it if they pull it out. i think theres a good chance

Edited by Meathead

The Bills will probably win this game because they don't need it and they tend to show up after a big loss and Alex Smith isn't Tom Brady.

The team has the talent. What's most frustrating and unpredictable is figuring out what Chan and Dave are going to do from game to game.

.....any time you have one team that really needs a game and the other would like it but doesnt really need it, the more desperate team usually is a better bet.

I feel there is no proof to this opinion that I have often heard in sports predicting.

".....any time you have one team that really needs a game and the other would like it but doesnt really need it, the more desperate team usually is a better bet."

I feel there is no proof to this opinion that I have often heard in sports predicting.

It's because you're never wrong, when you have this opinion. There's so much variability in the statement.

I'm not saying we will win but I'm almost certain the Bills will come out hot this week. The 49ers are sitting pretty on 34-0 road win. They're at home for the first time in 3 weeks (well two consecutive road games I mean). They won't think anything of the Bills, especially by looking at who they have and havent beat this year.

Regardless of what you guys think I don't believe we've seen the best of this team yet by any means. Why not put it all on the line this sunday and catch them by surprise? Let's reestablish our run defense please. we won't have to be stuck in a nickle all game. Let Alex Smith beat us, I'd rather be able to stop the run and not deal with what we had to deal with last week.

On offense, I'm not sure how it'll go down. I'm banking on the fact that the 49ers won't be able to shut out two teams in a row. Let's hope we have some tricks up our sleeves. But I'm not writing us out of this one just yet. This is the type of game that transcends a season, you win one like this and the momentum will carry.