Refs Love Brady...just an observation

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand the reason for your response. if you don't want to complain about the refs, why visit this particular thread, where some people clearly want to complain? if you want to take the people are 'just human" angle, that same explanation can be applied to everything that happened on Sunday. 'we got steamrolled"--well, that happens. "we didn't adjust"--well, coaches don't always adjust. "fitz is inaccurate"---well, sometimes humans are imperfect. part of the fan experience is complaining about the **** that bugs you. players, coaches, owners, refs whatever. when i'm sitting in the stands and think a call went against us....chandler getting popped after the whistle was blown early in the game, i'm pissed because they don't call it. am i right? well, obviously not, since they didn't call it. refs are humans. chandler's human. the d back who hit him is human---and it's human to whine. cut us all some slack.

btw-it's ok for you to point out there errors of everyone else's way, because you're just human.

dumb monkey. (no offense, i'm projecting my anger at the bills performance on sunday)

Basically that refs are going to make mistakes, Given the overly complex (in my opinion) nature of many of the rules will cause them to make even more mistakes. But these mistakes will even out. If I went only by what I read week in and week out in threads such as these you would think only the Bills get bad calls.

But yeah you are right, by the thread title you can generally tell which ones are the ref whine fest ones and skipping over them is probably the smart thing to do.

Look again, the low lineman barely touches Fitz.

And as far as the helmet to helmet on Fitz, if the QB does not slide (and I wish to God Fitz would slide more) he is a RB, and that kind of contact is legal on a RB.

There is no point whining about officiating. The Bills got spanked and embarrassed. Time for SF now.

That's a big reason why I like him so much. I love seeing him knock the other guys out. And it's a reason why I hate ice dancing Brady.

I was shocked when Fitz slid. That rarely happens. Probably a reson why we lost. Just kidding.

That's a big reason why I like him so much. I love seeing him knock the other guys out. And it's a reason why I hate ice dancing Brady.

I was shocked when Fitz slid. That rarely happens. Probably a reson why we lost. Just kidding.

All good until Fitz is the one knocked out. Then it's starting QB Thigpen ... YIKES! :)

the current refs "Patriotism" sucks. Pansy assed Brady belongs in a china shop.

Too bad writing to the NFL won't amount to squatt about the bias of the regular refs.

MAYBE and I'm praying that they favor Mannning over Cinderfella Brady

Brady.jpg

35x1mt.jpg

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Favors him? that was a CLEAR case of tackling LOW??? That was an EASY call to make! What is worse is your DLINEMAN went LOW on purpose! Which is probably why he got the 15k fine as well. Oh and Brady went down like that because his other foot wasnt planted so he like anyone else fell down.. ~~sigh~~ Proof... proof you guys were wrong and the call was a DUH call.

Fitz call was damn close but hard to tell especially since it was OBVIOUS your lineman PUSHED the Patriot from BEHIND... (you guys watching the same clips??)

Edited by PatsFanNH

Pink is clearly his color.

Hit on Brady was right on the knee and appeared to be deliberate.

Hit on Fitz wasn't a hit as much as a grab onto the ankle. Good thing he let go when he did too or it would be Thigpen playing. Sunday.

I agree NO one pushed the Bill into Brady was a VERY easy call.. The one on Fitz was not as clear, and it appeared TO ME he was pushed by the Bill O lineman INTO Fitz...

Pink is clearly his color.

Hit on Brady was right on the knee and appeared to be deliberate.

Hit on Fitz wasn't a hit as much as a grab onto the ankle. Good thing he let go when he did too or it would be Thigpen playing. Sunday.

If he has beaten us 18 out of 19 times, the dress shouldn't be on him...

I agree NO one pushed the Bill into Brady was a VERY easy call.. The one on Fitz was not as clear, and it appeared TO ME he was pushed by the Bill O lineman INTO Fitz...

Take another look. KW went to grab Brady with his head down...no way to know if Brady threw the ball so he went to tackle him. It's football, not dance lessons.

On Fitz' - #55 was able to keep his balance and still made a shot at the back of his knees. Similarly, he didn't know if Fitz threw the ball.

So why is it ok to throw flag on the one and not the other? Should have been no flag for both... or Flag for both.

Take another look. KW went to grab Brady with his head down...no way to know if Brady threw the ball so he went to tackle him. It's football, not dance lessons.

Take another look. KW hit Brady in the knees.

Look, I don't like Marcia any more than you do. But facts are facts and no amount of homerism can change the fact that you cannot hit any QB in the pocket in the knees. Period. If KW didn't understand that before I suspect he does now.

Edited by CodeMonkey

On Fitz' - #55 was able to keep his balance and still made a shot at the back of his knees. Similarly, he didn't know if Fitz threw the ball.

So why is it ok to throw flag on the one and not the other? Should have been no flag for both... or Flag for both.

He CLEARLY DOVE for his KNEE he HIT Brady on the KNEE... That is by Rule a penalty. Now was there a patriot Lineman NEAR him and FORCED him go low? Nope he did that all on his own. I know I will sound like a homer but it looked dirty to me like he wanted to hurt Brady.

Now the Hit on Fitz, In normal time (refs only see normal speed no slow mo) It appears #79 throws him down from BEHIND (a penalty FYI) and into Fitz if anything your Olineman SCREWED UP. Now in slow mo you can see him jump up and hit Fitz in the upper part of his leg.. NOT his knee..

Take another look. KW hit Brady in the knees.

Look, I don't like Marcia any more than you do. But facts are facts and no amount of homerism can change the fact that you cannot hit any QB in the pocket in the knees. Period. If KW didn't understand that before I suspect he does now.

It was also OBVIOUS... he did it out in the open NO big Bodies all around him... A call on THAT hit be called 100% especially since he looked like he dove for his Knees.

He CLEARLY DOVE for his KNEE he HIT Brady on the KNEE... That is by Rule a penalty. Now was there a patriot Lineman NEAR him and FORCED him go low? Nope he did that all on his own. I know I will sound like a homer but it looked dirty to me like he wanted to hurt Brady.

Now the Hit on Fitz, In normal time (refs only see normal speed no slow mo) It appears #79 throws him down from BEHIND (a penalty FYI) and into Fitz if anything your Olineman SCREWED UP. Now in slow mo you can see him jump up and hit Fitz in the upper part of his leg.. NOT his knee..

It was also OBVIOUS... he did it out in the open NO big Bodies all around him... A call on THAT hit be called 100% especially since he looked like he dove for his Knees.

Please send a memo to KW to:

1) Make sure not to make a tackle in the open - it should be in a crowded pocket so the refs are distracted;

2) If going to tackle a QB - aim for the lower thigh pads - don't you dare try and tackle a QB below the knees (despite having been trained to wrap opposing players at the lower leg since Pee Wees)

3) When going to sack a QB, make sure you look to make sure the ball is still in his hand before proceeding forward ;

4) If you tackle him at the lower leg, make sure you keep holding onto his legs after he bends backwards just for added discomfort (see Patriots sack on Fitz where #96 still wrenches on his leg after Fitz falls)

I think your observations are just as conclusory as mine...we'll agree to disagree re. the distinctions between the hits and the treatment of our respective QB's.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Please send a memo to KW to:

1) Make sure not to make a tackle in the open - it should be in a crowded pocket so the refs are distracted;

2) If going to tackle a QB - aim for the lower thigh pads - don't you dare try and tackle a QB below the knees (despite having been trained to wrap opposing players at the lower leg since Pee Wees)

3) When going to sack a QB, make sure you look to make sure the ball is still in his hand before proceeding forward ;

4) If you tackle him at the lower leg, make sure you keep holding onto his legs after he bends backwards just for added discomfort (see Patriots sack on Fitz where #96 still wrenches on his leg after Fitz falls)

I think your observations are just as conclusory as mine...we'll agree to disagree re. the distinctions between the hits and the treatment of our respective QB's.

Umm #2 IS A RULE!!!YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HIT A QB IN THE POCKET FROM THE KNES DOWN... So he should KNOW this!!

I also have stated mor ethan once the ELITE QB's will ALWAYS get more calls than the average or below average QB in the league.

Umm #2 IS A RULE!!!YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HIT A QB IN THE POCKET FROM THE KNES DOWN... So he should KNOW this!!

I also have stated mor ethan once the ELITE QB's will ALWAYS get more calls than the average or below average QB in the league.

Stop the tape at :32.........If someone could still frame where 96 has his shoulder pad pressed firmly into Fitz' lower leg...Fitz' feet under 96's chest and 96 has his arms wrapped squarely around Fitz' shins I think your argument that the Refs called this correct is BS.

My point is don't give flag for Brady when Fitz' was as bad or worse.