Chan is fine with Dave

bobinaz

Kelsay may not have all-world talent, but at least he plays all out when he's on the field -

That's not good enough. It sounds nice, "high motor" all that jazz, but I don't turn off the TV and think "well the boys gave it all they had, but came up short again, just like the last 10 years". He is a liability on the field. A negative,...a weak link...a target. I don't care if a guy barely tries if that is all that is needed to win. I believe the team puts in the effort, but they don't seem to know how to compensate for the weaknesses of the team (all teams have them).

Coaching. High Expectations. Working as a Unit.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it coaching??? The gameplan worked in the first half, the Pats adjusted at the half to udible to the run...had we sent our weak pass coverage LB's on the field, they would have had Brady pick us apart. We dared them to run and let what is suppose to be our strongest area (D-Line) shut it down. Our D-line was handled by a supposedly inferior O-line. As long as they have Brady in order for any team to win or even keep it close they have to be firing on all cylinders. The early fumbles really didnt help our situation either. IMO we limited our attempts at finding ways to put the ball in CJ's hands due to injury.

Was it coaching??? The gameplan worked in the first half, the Pats adjusted at the half to udible to the run...had we sent our weak pass coverage LB's on the field, they would have had Brady pick us apart. We dared them to run and let what is suppose to be our strongest area (D-Line) shut it down. Our D-line was handled by a supposedly inferior O-line. As long as they have Brady in order for any team to win or even keep it close they have to be firing on all cylinders. The early fumbles really didnt help our situation either. IMO we limited our attempts at finding ways to put the ball in CJ's hands due to injury.

I don't buy that the defense was doing that great of a job in the first half. It felt like the Pats were on the verge of putting it together to me. But regardless, the Bills needed to commit to stopping the run OR stopping the pass. That is the only way to at least anticipate what the offense is going to lean on . Instead the defense was playing on it's heels, and didn't stop anything.

Yea, Kyle Williams a pro bowl DT, and a force in the middle is a bum, and so is the 100 million dollar DE. #3 overall Marcel Darius was a wasted pick. DE Mark Anderson who got 12 sacks last year now over the hill.

The DC called a brilliant game and the players just didn't respond at all against a banged up NE O line.

Oh, I see what you did there. Horribly unwitty sarcasm putting all the blame on the coaches. How original.

You can replace 'Wannstedt' with guys like Gilbride & Williams who have since won SB's & it sounds just like a million other TBD posts since 2003.

The post quoted mentioned all the rushing disasters Kyle Williams has been a part of, most of them under different DC's.

Mark Anderson had the season of his life last yr - clearly an outlier. Ask Bears/Pats fans how good he is.

3rd overall pick - yah that settles it then, he's great. Wake me up when he does anything remotely as impactful as the other guys in his class that were mentioned.

As much as you want to pretend OL vs DL is a rubik's cube, it's not. You pay that DE $100million so that you don't have to blitz like you're playing a video game. Nickel, dime, quarter, whatever - beat the crappy RT on the Pats/Jets when you're single teamed, which is almost every play. He could not.

I can't say that I'm an expert of the X's and O's of the game of football.

But, when I am utterly being destroyed, I think I would have the knowledge to do something different. He did nothing. Why not blitz? Are we concerned they might score 98 points.

Yea, Kyle Williams a pro bowl DT, and a force in the middle is a bum, and so is the 100 million dollar DE. #3 overall Marcel Darius was a wasted pick. DE Mark Anderson who got 12 sacks last year now over the hill.

The DC called a brilliant game and the players just didn't respond at all against a banged up NE O line.

Right because that's what the original post said...Maybe reading comprehension is not your thing...But if hanging out on a message board is what you wanna do, it's pretty much a prerequisite...

Just saying... B-)

I think that planes should only have ONE pilot. Who needs two, anyways?

Fortunately for the safety record of commercial aviation, CFR part 121 (federal regulations) disagree with you.

Not only do they have to have two, but they are mandated to cross-check each other's work and trained to speak up if there is any issue impacting the safety of the flight

That's a possibility. But during the offensive-turnover-free gutting of our team (3 successive length-of-the-field drives by the Pats, punctuated by 3-and-outs by our O), if nothing else some defensive substitutions would have given our starting D time to rest and perhaps a formation could have been shown that the Pats would have taken a few plays to figure out.

It would have been great if our O could have put a countering drive together just then to give the starting D a breather, but winning football teams have to be able to get a defensive stop sometimes - even the powerhouse offenses such as GB and NE* in the league go 3-and-out sometimes and we are not a powerhouse offense....That said, when GB was being manhandled by the Seahawks on O, they countered with the Heavy Hosses - two TE, a fullback, and some power running. We know the Bills have those plays - they executed them very well against KC. I would have liked to see that at least TRIED against NE. Grind-it-out, ball control football that if it doesn't score, at least keeps NE's O on the bench for 5 minutes. Give Tashard Choice a try. Maybe give Corey Mac the ball, let the NE DBs wonder what the h@!! just hit them.

One of the flaws of the Superbowl Year Bills was some combination of inability/unwillingness to play clock-control grind-it-out football when appropriate. The KC game gave me hope that we actually can do this, the plays are in our playbook. So why not get them out to break NE's momentum, BEFORE they score 3 successive TDs and take the lead? It's a huge puzzle to me.

It's as if our coaches went to sleep, said "oh, we're leading in the 3Q, our plan worked" and couldn't wake up until it was a rout.

Exactly. Wanny could have been a little more creative in moving Mario around but people need to cut the crap. This d line is supposed to be the best in the league. It's on them and they be embarrassed and want to rip some heads off this week.

I hope you are right.

Oh, I see what you did there. Horribly unwitty sarcasm putting all the blame on the coaches. How original.

You can replace 'Wannstedt' with guys like Gilbride & Williams who have since won SB's & it sounds just like a million other TBD posts since 2003.

The post quoted mentioned all the rushing disasters Kyle Williams has been a part of, most of them under different DC's.

Mark Anderson had the season of his life last yr - clearly an outlier. Ask Bears/Pats fans how good he is.

3rd overall pick - yah that settles it then, he's great. Wake me up when he does anything remotely as impactful as the other guys in his class that were mentioned.

As much as you want to pretend OL vs DL is a rubik's cube, it's not. You pay that DE $100million so that you don't have to blitz like you're playing a video game. Nickel, dime, quarter, whatever - beat the crappy RT on the Pats/Jets when you're single teamed, which is almost every play. He could not.

When all this is said and done with the current staff of moron coaches I want you to think back to this conversation. Gailey is a moron for hiring George Edwards and keeping his as his DC for 2 years, then he is an even bigger moron for hiring his good old buddy from his Cowboy / Dolphin days who is a "has been" "over the hill" loser who is clueless on how to make a 4-3 work in todays NFL.

Get this straight, Kyle Williams is an all pro and a beast. His motor never stops and already has 3.5 sacks. Marcell Darius is a beast, there is a reason he was graded as the best pick in the draft in 2011 draft. There is also a reason why the Bills paid 100 million to super Mario, the most highly sought after FA DE in the NFL last year. Both Mark Anderson and Chris Kelsay are good players capable of putting pressure on the QB and getting sacks.

The Buffalo Bills do currently possess one of the best D lines in the NFL. The problem is they are being coached by one of the worst DC's in the game, even the known moron George Edwards did better last season with less talent

Someday soon when this staff is fired and replaced by people that know what they are doing ( I hope) you guys will see its not the players.

Right because that's what the original post said...Maybe reading comprehension is not your thing...But if hanging out on a message board is what you wanna do, it's pretty much a prerequisite...

Just saying... B-)

Maybe reading comprehension is not your thing...

Understand I didn't respond to the original post, but to a different one. Try reading that one :D

When all this is said and done with the current staff of moron coaches I want you to think back to this conversation. Gailey is a moron for hiring George Edwards and keeping his as his DC for 2 years, then he is an even bigger moron for hiring his good old buddy from his Cowboy / Dolphin days who is a "has been" "over the hill" loser who is clueless on how to make a 4-3 work in todays NFL.

Get this straight, Kyle Williams is an all pro and a beast. His motor never stops and already has 3.5 sacks. Marcell Darius is a beast, there is a reason he was graded as the best pick in the draft in 2011 draft. There is also a reason why the Bills paid 100 million to super Mario, the most highly sought after FA DE in the NFL last year. Both Mark Anderson and Chris Kelsay are good players capable of putting pressure on the QB and getting sacks.

The Buffalo Bills do currently possess one of the best D lines in the NFL. The problem is they are being coached by one of the worst DC's in the game, even the known moron George Edwards did better last season with less talent

Someday soon when this staff is fired and replaced by people that know what they are doing ( I hope) you guys will see its not the players.

Maybe reading comprehension is not your thing...

Understand I didn't respond to the original post, but to a different one. Try reading that one :D

And the same thing was said about Kevin Gilbride.

THE EXACT SAME THING.

Two Super Bowls later..........................

Edited by RkFast

They will both go down with the ship.

Doesn't really matter. Chan will be the last head coach Ralph pays IMO. Ralph's gonna pass pretty soon and the whole lot of them will be gone regardless of how the team does. No one pays $700m for something and not put their own people in. People need to appreciate what little we have with the Bills. Celebrate the good times/games when they come. It's probably not going to last much longer, at least not in WNY.

And the same thing was said about Kevin Gilbride.

THE EXACT SAME THING.

Two Super Bowls later..........................

First off Kevin Gilbride is an "offensive coordinator" and left to his own devices Gilbride likes to throw more then he should. Working under Tom Coughlin who reigned him in, and now Gilbride calls much more of a balanced attack.

Which is why its important for the head coach to fully understand the teams schemes on both offense and defense. Something that escapes Chan Gailey.

>Trading up by a few slots is a lot less painful than trading up by many slots!

No it's not. The trade value is set by the slot. A no. 1 pick is going to cost you 2 years' draft, no matter if you have the 4 or 5.

Which is why its important for the head coach to fully understand the teams schemes on both offense and defense. Something that escapes Chan Gailey.

This continues to be an asinine point. A long standing NFL head coach understands both offense and defense. It's ridiculous to think otherwise.

Think about the leap of logic you're making that an offensive minded coach doesn't understand defenses, yet he devises offensive game plans against other team's defenses?

Gailey's problem with Bills' defense is a polar opposite of his handling of the offense - while he's very hands on with the offense, he appears to delegate all defensive responsibility on the defensive coordinator and his staff. Maybe we'll see a change in the coming weeks because Jets & Pats* games exposed his managerial weakness. He can't throw Wannstedt under the bus, because that would lead to the natural question of, "why aren't you more involved in the defense, when the plan devised by your defensive coordinator was an abject failure?" I don't think he'll pull a panic move like Jauron did with Schonert, but I think he will now be a lot more involved with the defense, because that's the one unit that has performed well below expectations.

This continues to be an asinine point. A long standing NFL head coach understands both offense and defense. It's ridiculous to think otherwise.

Think about the leap of logic you're making that an offensive minded coach doesn't understand defenses, yet he devises offensive game plans against other team's defenses?

Gailey's problem with Bills' defense is a polar opposite of his handling of the offense - while he's very hands on with the offense, he appears to delegate all defensive responsibility on the defensive coordinator and his staff. Maybe we'll see a change in the coming weeks because Jets & Pats* games exposed his managerial weakness. He can't throw Wannstedt under the bus, because that would lead to the natural question of, "why aren't you more involved in the defense, when the plan devised by your defensive coordinator was an abject failure?" I don't think he'll pull a panic move like Jauron did with Schonert, but I think he will now be a lot more involved with the defense, because that's the one unit that has performed well below expectations.

Now think about Dick Jauron and that bolded statement. I think Gailey is as clueless about the defense as Jauron was about the offense.JMO

I think its extraordinarily moronic for a HC to hand off any part of his team to an assistant and give them free reign. Yet, because Gailey is so "hands on" involved with the offense that is exactly what it looks like Gailey did with George Edwards and now Dave Wannstedt. So far Wannstedt looks far worse then George Edwards, unbelievable I know, but true.

If anything Gailey needs to consider demoting Wannstedt from assistant HC and promoting Bob Sanders to that position along with more responsibility in running the defense.

Look at the drive charts, 6 TD's, one FG in a half, and each drive usually taking under 3 min. What a colossal meltdown on the defense against a divisional rival. NWIH should the Bills be that much worse with a healthy Kyle Williams, super Mario and MD on that line.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/drivecharts/NFL_20120930_NE@BUF