Where is George Wilson!?!

Santana

Let me just start off by saying George Wilson is a great player rep for our team and is a proven leader but with that being said, I don't know if anyone else has noticed but I've seen a lack of play from George Wilson all season. Even back to the preseason, he looks lost on the field and has been out of place on almost every play.

Most of the roster is invisible, especially on defense. The only group playing well is the O-line. Individuals - Spiller (pre injury) and Chandler. Does this team have a leader on D? I wouldn't consider a guy that used to play WR a leader on D - but that makes perfect sense for this pathetic team.

Let me just start off by saying George Wilson is a great player rep for our team and is a proven leader but with that being said, I don't know if anyone else has noticed but I've seen a lack of play from George Wilson all season. Even back to the preseason, he looks lost on the field and has been out of place on almost every play.

Yes.

My concern about him was raised tenfold last Sunday.

being a play caller he has the responsibility of course.

I am not sure what the heck is going on, but something is not right.

Communication has been an issue all year back there. I thought this was a simple defense DW is running?

Edited by 3rdand12

Yes.

My concern about him was raised tenfold last Sunday.

being a play caller he has the responsibility of course.

I am not sure what the heck is going on, but something is not right.

Communication has been an issue all year back there. I thought this was a simple defense DW is running?

You're close; DW is running a simpleton defense.

true true if your a safety you never let any other player get behind you....piss poor play on that long TD play by gronk. however this could be just part of the defensive scheme kinda like rushing 4 men every play with no stunts or putting mario in the middle or going to a 3-4 and blitzing which gives a guy rest on the sidelines. well anyway I am just gonna get pisst again.

on the first gronk bomb, they showed it on the broadcast it was all Wilson's fault he litererally let Gronk run right behind him.

Yeah it was just really terrible safety play Gronk should've been bracketed

true true if your a safety you never let any other player get behind you....piss poor play on that long TD play by gronk. however this could be just part of the defensive scheme kinda like rushing 4 men every play with no stunts or putting mario in the middle or going to a 3-4 and blitzing which gives a guy rest on the sidelines. well anyway I am just gonna get pisst again.

Yeah haha who know's with this bland a$$ defensive play calling but it just seems like he's not playing with any natural instinct, weird.

Although he most certainly blew the Gronk play, I wonder if some of the problem is the amount of time he's been required to fulfill each play.

No pressure = a ridiculous amount of time trying to cover WR's.

Again, that would only be part of the problem, but it's a legit issue nonetheless.

* I feel like I'm on a "blitz, you idiots" crusade. *

Maybe the new D is throwing him off.