Fitzpatrick Bottom 5 QB in NFL

Boludo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there even a WC play run? I don't recall one and I watched until half way through the 4th QTR.

I'll say it again - Why not Corey McIntyre on the goal line play?

Because it wasnt on the goal line.. that play was ran from the 4.

1 Pick does not kill a team. 4 picks and 2 fumbles does. SO does not being able to capatalize on Patriot turnovers in great field position. The D was bad, but saying the O was good is laughable. The Pats D is not elite. CJ scores at the end of the half it's a different game. That play changed the game IMO.

Wait until they play SF and Houston. Those D's are elite.

I'm arguing against the consensus Fitz lost us the game. The defense and the fumbles did, not Fitz.

He is on track to lead the NFL in interceptions for back to back seasons. He has reached his potential and has no upside. He has stretches of competency but has a tendency to make bad plays in the big moments.

Who could potentially be thought of as having a worse QB situation that the Bills?

Weeden - He looks bad so far, is tied with Fitz with 7 picks, is already 28 years old as a rookie, and generally seems in over his head.

Sanchez - I'm not sure when exactly the Jets will finally admit he's a bust and move on, but they eventually will and Sanchez will then hold on to a backup QB job for a couple more years before being bounced from the league for good.

Bradford - He has never had a solid group of receivers to work with, but he has had plenty of time to show improvement and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Honorable Mention: Jake Locker, Ryan Tannehill, Michael Vick

No matter how you slice it, Fitzpatrick is undeniably one of the worst QBs in this league.

It's hard to take the Bills seriously as any sort of legitimate threat with a QB situations like this. The QB situation has been bleak since Bledsoe.

Nonetheless there has been no emphasis for a decade in the draft or in free agency to bring in a top flight QB.

Draft a QB every single year in the early rounds until you find someone! Everything else is secondary.

Gosh Bills fans are not too smart. This crap is painful to read.

Well, I am not soooo pesimistic as the group here. Of the four ints yesterday, the first was a deflection, def line hit it, and it turned into a floater. The last two were already after the game was out of hand, and he force the throws to make something happen. So, the INT's don't bother me so much...one bad one in my view. However, his long throws were off all day, and that is the source of my discontent with Fitz for yesterday, not the stat line. He also made some great throws to Chandler and Fred. He may not be top, but he is not bottom either.

The bolded text is a myth. Fitz's third interception occurred when the Bills were down by 14 points, with 11:14 to go in the fourth quarter. If Peyton Manning is down by two touchdowns with over eleven minutes to play, does he think to himself, This game is already over. Time to start throwing some more INTs. Of course not! That's a defeatist attitude, and we as fans should not be defeatist.

Secondly, I see at least two categories for INTs. 1) Badly thrown passes. 2) Deliberately taking risks in order to force something. There are situations in which the defense will have a chance to intercept no matter how perfectly you throw the pass.

Fitz's third interception was picked off because it was an inaccurate pass. (As opposed to having been an accurate pass deliberately thrown to a WR surrounded by defensive traffic.) Neither of the two excuses I've seen for that INT hold water. That particular pass perfectly demonstrates why Fitz leaves much to be desired as an NFL QB.

On the other hand, I agree with your statement that Fitz is not a bottom-five QB. He's a step or two above guys like Sanchez or Cassell.

FItz's stats, other than TDs, are mediocre. It's unfortunate but he's the guy unless Chan yanks him for Thigpen, which I doubt would happen. Let's not let this devolve into Losman vs Holcomb again.

PTR

if he didn't have TD's but had a nice completion % and low INT's all we would hear is that the job of a QB and the offense is to score TD's..blah blah blah. you know it, i know it.

TD's are the single most important stat in football. Anyone notice that Lindell hasn't seen much action this year? That's because the offense has been doing it's job.

The bolded text is a myth. Fitz's third interception occurred when the Bills were down by 14 points, with 11:14 to go in the fourth quarter. If Peyton Manning is down by two touchdowns with over eleven minutes to play, does he think to himself, This game is already over. Time to start throwing some more INTs. Of course not! That's a defeatist attitude, and we as fans should not be defeatist.

Secondly, I see at least two categories for INTs. 1) Badly thrown passes. 2) Deliberately taking risks in order to force something. There are situations in which the defense will have a chance to intercept no matter how perfectly you throw the pass.

Fitz's third interception was picked off because it was an inaccurate pass. (As opposed to having been an accurate pass deliberately thrown to a WR surrounded by defensive traffic.) Neither of the two excuses I've seen for that INT hold water. That particular pass perfectly demonstrates why Fitz leaves much to be desired as an NFL QB.

On the other hand, I agree with your statement that Fitz is not a bottom-five QB. He's a step or two above guys like Sanchez or Cassell.

and that's why he's peyton manning. HOLY CRAP. I love people that try and make points by throwing in a HOF QB like Manning or Brady in their argument. They're like 1A/1B all time. Ya Fitz isn't Manning. Get over it. Move on. Go root for the Broncos. What's their record again????

Edited by bobobonators

and that's why he's peyton manning. HOLY CRAP. I love people that try and make points by throwing in a HOF QB like Manning or Brady in their argument. They're like 1A/1B all time. Ya Fitz isn't Manning. Get over it. Move on. Go root for the Broncos. What's their record again????

Seriously? You are going to argue against that? Average QBs like Alex Smith can bring their team back in that situation. Rookies like Luck and RG3 can too. Fitz sucks simply because he cannot throw a football with enough accuracy or arm strength. This year, he has even shown a lack of timing, which used to be his only saving grace.

Well if you look at a formula made by guys who may have a slight idea how to rate QB's, Fitz is 16th. We could be a lot worse off at that position. If the defense doesn't give up 500+yards, we have a better shot at winning. If CJ scored rather than fumbling, we had a better shot at winning.

Seriously? You are going to argue against that? Average QBs like Alex Smith can bring their team back in that situation. Rookies like Luck and RG3 can too. Fitz sucks simply because he cannot throw a football with enough accuracy or arm strength. This year, he has even shown a lack of timing, which used to be his only saving grace.

oh give it up. put alex smith on the bills and lets see where he takes us.

Put Fitz in SF and Alex in Buffalo and see who has more success. But since we can't argue hypotheticals:

http://espn.go.com/n...ssingTouchdowns

Fitz "TD" Patrick.

Edited by bobobonators

Put Fitz in SF and Alex in Buffalo and see who has more success. But since we can't argue hypotheticals:

Fitz "TD" Patrick.

Should have had 8 TD passes on Sunday. Guys were wide open....so 4 TD passes. 4 Picks and 4 huge misses.

Fitz "TD" Patrick.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/completionPct

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/interceptions

This is what's wrong with the fans. They only have two kinds of QB's, the Peyton Manning's, who exist once every 15 years, and the Cassel's. There's 30 other teams in the league without Peyton Manning, how do they win fotball games?

What about Romo, he's an average QB year after year. Besides, Alex Smith never has to bring his team back 20+ because his defense is good enough to make sure it doesn't happen. Do you see how that works?