The truth on Bledsoe

JPL7

now i am no bledsoe homer by any means, but nor am i a bledsoe basher as many of u are. i tend to think im level headed and rational enough to be nuetral. so here is my unbiased view on bledsoe.....

as much as i really thought he was capable of managing a game well enough NOT TO LOSE. remember he doesnt have to win for us, just dont lose. he isnt supposed to pull games out of his butt like mcnabb, favre, vick, etc. he is there to just manage the game well enough to not lose. anyway, look at the games he did well in statistics wise and they were all against below .500 teams. any team we played that were top notch or above .500, he blew it. patriots twice, steelers, jaguars. only decent team he did well against were the seahawks and rams. and they are both overrated. i swear i wish he could have turned the corner and been good enough to not lose for us when we need it. but i dont even think he can do that anymore. real QB's are made to win. but if u have a defense and running game like the bills, u can afford to have a QB who just wont lose. if he cant do that, its time to go.

though, he did not lose this game as many of you bills fans are saying on the message boards. lindell blew a chip shot and changed the whole momentum of the game. saying that when bledsoe fumbled and the steelers scored a TD off of it and thats really what ended the game, that the loss is his fault. thats not true! they blitzed like 8 guys, a guy came free and nailed him and he fumbled. sh-- happens. so thats not why im saying he needs to go. but the ONE game(THE ONE !@#$IN GAME) he needs to just manage the game well enough to set us up not to lose, he doesnt get the job done. its time to go Drew sorry buddy! im with u until the wheels fall off. its safe to say, the wheels are long gone. is jp the answer next year? i dont know! i think we need a veteran who can win now and continue to teach JP the ropes. one more year on the pine for JP wont hurt. I wouldnt mind having Kurt Warner who is being rumored on the board. he did pretty well with a Giants team that isnt half as talented as the bills. whats the one thing u guys all B word about? drew doesnt have a pocket alarm, he holds on to the ball too long. well warner has a quick release(from his arena days) and not only can manage a game well enough not to lose, he can even pull out some wins. why not go after him??

now i am no bledsoe homer by any means, but nor am i a bledsoe basher as many of u are.  i tend to think im level headed and rational enough to be nuetral.  so here is my unbiased view on bledsoe.....

as much as i really thought he was capable of managing a game well enough NOT TO LOSE. remember he doesnt have to win for us, just dont lose.  he isnt supposed to pull games out of his butt like mcnabb, favre, vick, etc.  he is there to just manage the game well enough to not lose.  anyway, look at the games he did well in statistics wise and they were all against below .500 teams.  any team we played that were top notch or above .500, he blew it.  patriots twice, steelers, jaguars.  only decent team he did well against were the seahawks and rams.  and they are both overrated.  i swear i wish he could have turned the corner and been good enough to not lose for us when we need it.  but i dont even think he can do that anymore.  real QB's are made to win.  but if u have a defense and running game like the bills, u can afford to have a QB who just wont lose.  if he cant do that, its time to go.

though, he did not lose this game as many of you bills fans are saying on the message boards.  lindell blew a chip shot and changed the whole momentum of the game.  saying that  when bledsoe fumbled and the steelers scored a TD off of it and thats really what ended the game, that the loss is his fault.  thats not true!  they blitzed like 8 guys, a guy came free and nailed him and he fumbled.  sh-- happens.  so thats not why im saying he needs to go.  but the ONE game(THE ONE !@#$IN GAME) he  needs to just manage the game well enough to set us up not to lose, he doesnt get the job done.  its time to go Drew sorry buddy!  im with u until the wheels fall off.  its safe to say, the wheels are long gone.  is jp the answer next year?  i dont know!  i think we need a veteran who can win now and continue to teach JP the ropes.  one more year on the pine for JP wont hurt.  I wouldnt mind having Kurt Warner who is being rumored on the board.  he did pretty well with a Giants team that isnt half as talented as the bills.  whats the one thing u guys all B word about?  drew doesnt have a pocket alarm, he holds on to the ball too long.  well warner has a quick release(from his arena days) and not only can manage a game well enough not to lose, he can even pull out some wins.  why not go after him??

189645[/snapback]

But will Kurt be happy as a backup? Didnt seem to be in NY. Will Drew be happy as a backup? Does he have enough to be a reliable backup?

as much as i really thought he was capable of managing a game well enough NOT TO LOSE. remember he doesnt have to win for us, just dont lose. he isnt supposed to pull games out of his butt like mcnabb, favre, vick, etc. he is there to just manage the game well enough to not lose.

Since when is it a quarterbacks job to play just good enough not to lose. If you settle for a QB like that, you will never go far. My God, has it been so long since we had a good QB in Buffalo that we are just hoping for a sort of "OK" guy, who doesn't turn the ball over.

Enough on that. Gosh this "is or is Drew not the guy for next year" sounds so much like the posts at end of last season. When will we learn? Give JP a chance.

as much as i really thought he was capable of managing a game well enough NOT TO LOSE. remember he doesnt have to win for us, just dont lose. he isnt supposed to pull games out of his butt like mcnabb, favre, vick, etc. he is there to just manage the game well enough to not lose.

Since when is it a quarterbacks job to play just good enough not to lose. If you settle for a QB like that, you will never go far. My God, has it been so long since we had a good QB in Buffalo that we are just hoping for a sort of "OK" guy, who doesn't turn the ball over.

Enough on that. Gosh this "is or is Drew not the guy for next year" sounds so much like the posts at end of last season. When will we learn? Give JP a chance.

189673[/snapback]

hey look man, i dont want a QB like that either. but im being realistic, thats what bledsoe is now. and since he is was our best option, we had to play to his strengths and weakness. now that we have an off season to do something about it, lets do so. cut him, trade him, anything. bring in warner and let JP learn one more year. we are too close to being a contender to take steps backwards. which is what we will be doing with jp in next year.

Warner had 12 fumbles in 10 games to go with 4 picks.

Anyone who wants Warner starting needs to update their video collection past 2001.

189697[/snapback]

yea on a crappy Giants team. if he had the talent around that the bills have, things would be much different for him.

Drew is done, plain and simple...he just cant get it done anymore...the truth hurts, but honestly, i dont trust his or lindell's abilities at all anymore...having them let us down is like being cheated on...theres no trust anymore...

I don't want to sound like a prick, but how come those of us who pointed this out 2 weeks ago were called traitors?

It's been obvious since midseason 2002 that DB cannot play.

Unfortunately, hoping for a good, veteran QB to become available is a little like fans of a baseball team who crave a good left-handed pitcher...it's easier said than done; and Warner certainly does not qualify at this point in his career.

The only hope is to pray that Losman develops relatively quickly. It would've been better to get him experience this year, but oh well, we had to chase that pipe-dream of winning 3 road playoff games against superior competition after the improbable scenerio of even making it that far.

Everything you say is true except that Warner, at this point in his career, is a WORSE QB than Bledsoe. I don't want to cut Bledsoe to replace him with Warner, and I would bet my pension plan that in no way would Danahoe or Mularkey jump from the Bledsoe frying pan to the Warner fire.

I don't know how you can say "Bledsoe didn't cost the Bills the game". He sure as hell did. His fumble was a gift wrapped Steelers Defensive TD. His earlier INT lead directly to a Steelers FG. That's 10 points on 2 Bledsoe mistakes and the Bills lost by 5. Throw in the Norwood..errr...Lindell 28 yard wide right and that's an 8 point win instead of a loss. Besides that, Bledsoe didn't do anything to help the Bills win. He didn't make one damn play. Bledsoe reverted back to his big game form. He sucks.