Chris Johnson's Decline

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't done crap since he held out like a typical me first !@#$, got what he wanted and now he is useless because he is rich.

If they cut ties sooner rather than later - they essentially paid him for what he did while on a small rookie deal.

And again, I think this is less about lazy and more about the rather typical very predictable drop off seen after that kind of work. He had like 770 touches in 2 years. That's pretty close to 100% of the time devastating on a career.

If they cut ties sooner rather than later - they essentially paid him for what he did while on a small rookie deal.

And again, I think this is less about lazy and more about the rather typical very predictable drop off seen after that kind of work. He had like 770 touches in 2 years. That's pretty close to 100% of the time devastating on a career.

This, the physical and mental burnout are high. The only RB ever to take such a pounding and be consistently productive is Dickerson.You must have multiple weapons in your backfield. Getting 2000 yards is great, but not at the cost of reducing your career by 3 years.

This, the physical and mental burnout are high. The only RB ever to take such a pounding and be consistently productive is Dickerson.You must have multiple weapons in your backfield. Getting 2000 yards is great, but not at the cost of reducing your career by 3 years.

That is just not true. Payton, Emmitt Smith, C Martin, Campbell, etc just to name a few. I could go on and on and on.

That is just not true. Payton, Emmitt Smith, C Martin, Campbell, etc just to name a few. I could go on and on and on.

Please, do go on. I bet you'd be very hard pressed to name another.

even emmitt missed games the year after his 1 time reaching what CJ2k did two seasons in a row, and TE second time he got close he dropped a full yard a carry and 10 tds the following year. Earl Campbell dropped from 5.2 to 3.8 ypc afterwards too

Dickerson, Payton, Emmitt (who also had dips after) and ladanian (the one you did miss) are the 4 that haven't folded. When that's the company you'd be in to accomplish something- it's very rare and special. Almost not even human. Edit: And that's part of why I argued Martin was a fair choice for the hall- his consistency was amazing. So 5.

But yes - go on and on, if I did miss a lot of people I'm down to hear it.

Edited by NoSaint

The blocking scheme they're using now is different. But Chris Johnson is also a headcase. His line doesn't have his back. He keeps throwing them under the bus at every opportunity. His sub 50 yards/game carry ave for the number of gms is almost less than what someone off the street could do.