Kyle Williams Jr.

Watching the Boise ST - BYU game (on DVR) and DT Michael Atkins 6'0" 312 reminds me a lot of Kyle, short, stocky, very physical, active and making plays all over the Field. To top it off he scored the only TD for Boise of the game on an all hands interception and got player of the game. This is the second time I have seen him this year and looked good in both games, wouldn't mind picking him up in the latter rounds.

There's video on the link

http://sports.yahoo....-220415123.html

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Other than playing at a lower level of competition, yes he looks a lot like Kyle (who played at LSU).

Another player who reminds me a great deal of Kyle is second year Chicago Bear Stephen Paea who was a consensus All-American and PAC 10 player of the year as a senior in 2011. He did 44 bench presses at the combine and was drafted in the 2nd round (53rd overall) and got a safety in his first NFL game.

Paea is also a short, stocky, explosive, gap-attacking player with great leverage.

You look at KW and he just doesn't seem to be as strong, fast or powerful a man as some of the more chiseled and taller DT's out there. Yet he's a wrecking ball. I think San Jose has it right. KW is wide, low and plays with great leverage. He's also relentless. He is just a lot of fun to watch.

Watching the Boise ST - BYU game (on DVR) and DT Michael Atkins 6'0" 312 reminds me a lot of Kyle, short, stocky, very physical, active and making plays all over the Field. To top it off he scored the only TD for Boise of the game on an all hands interception and got player of the game. This is the second time I have seen him this year and looked good in both games, wouldn't mind picking him up in the latter rounds.

There's video on the link

http://sports.yahoo....-220415123.html

Barbarian, did you play DL in football at some level, or coach it? Not in any way critique here, just wondering 'cuz you're always jonesing on DLmen.

Time will tell on who is worth drafting. If the guy is a beast all season, I'm sure he'll get looks.

I saw on Twitter Darryl Talley was asked who his favorite current Bill is. "Kyle Williams" was his response. That says it all to me.

You look at KW and he just doesn't seem to be as strong, fast or powerful a man as some of the more chiseled and taller DT's out there. Yet he's a wrecking ball. I think San Jose has it right. KW is wide, low and plays with great leverage. He's also relentless. He is just a lot of fun to watch.

I think what separates KW from the type of player he probably should be based on his physical attributes are his smarts, and yes his relentless determination...When he saw that FB was going to try to block him one-on-one he immediately went into smash-mode and made a fantastic play on the QB...All that happened in a split second...Williams has a uncanny ability to think it, and do it...with power...in a half-a-heartbeat...He's really something else... B-)

Other than playing at a lower level of competition, yes he looks a lot like Kyle (who played at LSU).

Another player who reminds me a great deal of Kyle is second year Chicago Bear Stephen Paea who was a consensus All-American and PAC 10 player of the year as a senior in 2011. He did 44 bench presses at the combine and was drafted in the 2nd round (53rd overall) and got a safety in his first NFL game.

Paea is also a short, stocky, explosive, gap-attacking player with great leverage.

yea, was a big Pea Fan was hoping We would get him but you can't have em all I guess.

Barbarian, did you play DL in football at some level, or coach it? Not in any way critique here, just wondering 'cuz you're always jonesing on DLmen.

Time will tell on who is worth drafting. If the guy is a beast all season, I'm sure he'll get looks.

I saw on Twitter Darryl Talley was asked who his favorite current Bill is. "Kyle Williams" was his response. That says it all to me.

Yep played DE then the coaches said I was too strong to play outside so they switched me to NT loved both positions but DE got to make more sacks and tackles so I liked that more. Also played FB which was awesome as you got to smash into people all the time. It's taboo now but I loved that helmet to helmet contact, as long as the helmet was super tight and hit them as hard as you could you didn't see stars, it was when you let up a little bit that the hits actually hurt more.

WOW. He has a son in college already?? That means he had a son when he was how old??

Incredible. :flirt:

Well Kyle is a Stud ;)

yea, was a big Pea Fan was hoping We would get him but you can't have em all I guess.

Yep played DE then the coaches said I was too strong to play outside so they switched me to NT loved both positions but DE got to make more sacks and tackles so I liked that more. Also played FB which was awesome as you got to smash into people all the time. It's taboo now but I loved that helmet to helmet contact, as long as the helmet was super tight and hit them as hard as you could you didn't see stars, it was when you let up a little bit that the hits actually hurt more.

Well Kyle is a Stud ;)

Helmet to helmet is very legal, as long as the other guy is part of the decision to engage really.