new paul, cool paul, there's hope after all

you can have your killers, and the youth can suck on their biebers, the kings of leon have long soldout like billy joel on broadway, or green day, and jeff miers can keep awarding all the 5 stars to jetrho tull for as long as he wants, while choosing to ignore anything relevant or new, but let's all rejoice because there's a new Paul Westerberg release, and an apparent promise for more.

http://www.paulwesterberg.com/sounds/myroadnow.mp3

it's perfect, yet again, in its imperfection, so suck on this yearning ditty.

few things seem to bring me true unadulterated joy these days, save for my

wife and times like these.

yay!

jw

(all the changes made involved vulgar phrases and profanities directed at beerball, who snubbed me at the Bills home opener.)

Edited by john wawrow

(all the changes made involved vulgar phrases and profanities directed at beerball, who snubbed me at the Bills home opener.)

:lol: I blame the wife!

That's a pretty good song but it's missing something. I didn't notice any flash, no sass, only words sung to the notes of a piano.

here's more new music with Westerberg

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/everybody-lies-by-kevin-bowe-featuring-paul-westerberg-free-mp3-20120928

you can have your killers, and the youth can suck on their biebers, the kings of leon have long soldout like billy joel on broadway, or green day, and jeff miers can keep awarding all the 5 stars to jetrho tull for as long as he wants, while choosing to ignore anything relevant or new, but let's all rejoice because there's a new Paul Westerberg release, and an apparent promise for more.

http://www.paulwesterberg.com/sounds/myroadnow.mp3

it's perfect, yet again, in its imperfection, so suck on this yearning ditty.

few things seem to bring me true unadulterated joy these days, save for my

wife and times like these.

yay!

jw

When can I download this on iTunes?

you can't. it's a free download. and if you can't download it, i'll send it to you.

folks, i'm not sure if you can appreciate the wonder and potential of this. i've referred to westerberg as america's ray davies, and perhaps that's an understatement. but there's nothing like the wonder and waiting of a new album coming from paul that turns my crank. i guess, on this board, i can explain it only as close to as the electricity of a bills potential playoff run. or what everyone here might have felt when the bills closed out their win against the pats last year, and fred jackson carried the flag around the field in pure euphoria.

there's few things that i like, and this is one. and my wife is the other. and the prospect of the anticipation for more, more, more, makes me tremble (a nod to Paul), because i feel like it's 1987, when the 'Mats were in their prime, and there was a wonder of what this band would put out next, back in the pure old days, when albums stood for something and there was something to liner notes. (look it up, people).

i've written it before, and i'll do it again, Paul and The Replacements were beautiful losers, much like Buffalo, in their failure to make it big, and yet maintain their !@#$ you rebel reputation.

listen to this, and then go hunting and pecking for more, because there's not much better musically out there, the voice, x factor, american idol, justin beiber, celine deon, pearl jam, cold play, dave matthews and heaven help us, creed included and/or combined. the grammy's really stink, no matter what anyone might suggest in the local entertainment section.

jw

• 2 weeks later...