Ray Lewis - A Football Life

Alphadawg7

Great episode as all of them have been. I got a kick seeing Harbaugh tell his team before the game, "Where else would you rather be than right here." A Levy fan?

All the while, Ray is hurt for that game and he's sitting on the bench and he's like, "ON THE FIELD!" and Harbaugh's like, "Oh yeah, sorry Ray."

You made the statement that he literally got a way with murder. That is not an opinion. Maybe you should look up the word literally? Literally means without exaggeration or inaccuracy. Unless you have some kind of inside information.. you literally don't know anything.

One might disagree with you, and not talking about my opinion of Ray Lewis. It is my opinion, and only my opinion that the Bills literally sucked against the Jets and that they were literally much improved against the Chiefs. Just my opinion.

watch out! people on here are a bit testy if you infer RAY RAY could have been implicated in a murder..

Had you "inferred that Ray COULD have been implicated in a murder" I doubt you would have been criticized.

Had you "inferred that Ray COULD have been implicated in a murder" I doubt you would have been criticized.

Are you for real? Why are so many people on here defending this guy, because he told his side of the story on an NFL Network show? If he wasn't implicated in the murder, why did he plea bargain down to an Obstruction of Justice charge, and get sentenced to 12 months probation-the max the judge could give him? If he wasn't implicated why did he make a monetary settlements with members of both families of the murdered victims? If he wasn't implicated why did he receive the largest non-drug related fine from the NFL ever? The white suit he was wearing that night has never been found (trashed to hide evidence most likely). COULD have been implicated? Really? Quit drinking the Ray Ray Kool-Aid. Is he one of the greatest linebackers ever, hell yes. Did he get away with something because of his money most likely after being implicated-only a fool would say no.

Are you for real? Why are so many people on here defending this guy, because he told his side of the story on an NFL Network show? If he wasn't implicated in the murder, why did he plea bargain down to an Obstruction of Justice charge, and get sentenced to 12 months probation-the max the judge could give him? If he wasn't implicated why did he make a monetary settlements with members of both families of the murdered victims? If he wasn't implicated why did he receive the largest non-drug related fine from the NFL ever? The white suit he was wearing that night has never been found (trashed to hide evidence most likely). COULD have been implicated? Really? Quit drinking the Ray Ray Kool-Aid. Is he one of the greatest linebackers ever, hell yes. Did he get away with something because of his money most likely after being implicated-only a fool would say no.

hey, good post, it is exactly the way i feel, but somehow i got called out for it, one must be very careful how one phrases things around here..

One might disagree with you, and not talking about my opinion of Ray Lewis. It is my opinion, and only my opinion that the Bills literally sucked against the Jets and that they were literally much improved against the Chiefs. Just my opinion.

You can type whatever you feel like.. but you are still incorrect. The bills did suck so it's not just an opinion, it's a fact, literally. Literally would be related to fact, not opinion. The way Dwight used it in a sentence left no room for opinion. Opinion and literal would be opposites. Literal = true.

lit·er·al

   [lit-er-uhl] Show IPA

adjective

in accordance with, involving, or being the primary or strictmeaning of the word or words; not figurative ormetaphorical: the literal meaning of a word.

following the words of the original very closely and exactly:a literal translation of Goethe.

true to fact; not exaggerated; actual or factual: a literaldescription of conditions.

I honestly don't care about Ray Lewis nor am I defending him. Dwight just made an inaccurate statement. The guy couldn't have possibly "literally" gotten away with murder unless he was 100% guilty. There is no grey area. Learn the English language..

Kind of like O.J.

exactly

Just explaining it again since you don't seem to get it.. You keep asking why you got called out.. that's why. Bad choice of words.. Why don't you just accept it?

i get it, but you dont! because i LITERALLY think ray lewis got away with murder! like O J.. Edited by dwight in philly

Nobody said he wasn't "implicated", he most definitely was. Implicated and "literally got away with murder" aren't the same thing. He was there the night it happened - that implicates him to some degree. Hell, me might be guilty of it. See how I said "might." There's a difference between being implicated and saying he literally got away with murder.

I don't know enough about all the facts to even have a valid opinion and I doubt most others do either. Reading a news article about the incident doesn't make someone knowledgable enough about it. People don't like Ray so they assume he's guilty of it - hell, I don't like Ray, I dislike his antics and on field demeanor quite a bit (so much for drinking the kool-aid...) But disliking the guy and just assuming he's guilty of something shouldn't go hand and hand.

hey, good post, it is exactly the way i feel, but somehow i got called out for it, one must be very careful how one phrases things around here..

Of course you have to be careful the way you phrase things - it's called communication. Nobody is going to have a clue what you're really trying to say if you don't communicate effectively. That's in all aspects of life, not just on message boards. But hey, this is a pointless debate. You think some people are too nit-picky about how you try and get your point across and I think you need to do a better job if you don't want there to be a misunderstanding.

Normally I wouldn't even get involved in a debate like this, I would have read your comment, thought it was ludicrous and moved on. Someone else pointed this out and I thought to myself, "yep." Then people started piling on MarkinSanDiego for "defending Ray Ray" (which he wasn't doing) and I thought I'd let you know he wasn't the only one who thought you could express yourself more clearly.

That's pretty much it. If you don't think so, that's cool, no skin off my back.

Nobody said he wasn't "implicated", he most definitely was. Implicated and "literally got away with murder" aren't the same thing. He was there the night it happened - that implicates him to some degree. Hell, me might be guilty of it. See how I said "might." There's a difference between being implicated and saying he literally got away with murder.

I don't know enough about all the facts to even have a valid opinion and I doubt most others do either. Reading a news article about the incident doesn't make someone knowledgable enough about it. People don't like Ray so they assume he's guilty of it - hell, I don't like Ray, I dislike his antics and on field demeanor quite a bit (so much for drinking the kool-aid...) But disliking the guy and just assuming he's guilty of something shouldn't go hand and hand.

Of course you have to be careful the way you phrase things - it's called communication. Nobody is going to have a clue what you're really trying to say if you don't communicate effectively. That's in all aspects of life, not just on message boards. But hey, this is a pointless debate. You think some people are too nit-picky about how you try and get your point across and I think you need to do a better job if you don't want there to be a misunderstanding.

Normally I wouldn't even get involved in a debate like this, I would have read your comment, thought it was ludicrous and moved on. Someone else pointed this out and I thought to myself, "yep." Then people started piling on MarkinSanDiego for "defending Ray Ray" (which he wasn't doing) and I thought I'd let you know he wasn't the only one who thought you could express yourself more clearly.

That's pretty much it. If you don't think so, that's cool, no skin off my back.

Excellent post!

For you guys commenting on what happened outside the bar that night well sometimes good lawyers can get you out of anything to a point. Ray happened to be one of those people that could in a sense buy some justice for himself. As seen before people being black or white can if they have enough money get them selfs out of a jam.

Me I cant Judge Ray Ray on what happened that night. I see a Man who knows he made a mistake and has turned his life around. It seems like he has a close relationship with God. That impresses me more than anything he has done on the field.

To me his next career will be an Motivational Speaker. And He will get paid doing that too.

I love the guy . Sure Hall of Famer and one of my favorite all time players.

I read the book by John Feinstein 'Next Man Up'. It "literally" (sorry could not help myself) followed the Ravens around for the enitre 2004 season. It is a great read for football fans. The book starts with the draft and ends with the last game for the Ravens. Ray Lewis plays a big part in the book, and so does his trial. Ray was in the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong people when the stabbing occured. I live in Atlanta and spent many nights out in Buckhead, where the incident happened. I was 24 at the time, and in my prime going out on the town days.

That incident lead to the begining of the end of the Buckhead nightlife. It was already getting bad, but that was the final nail in the coffin.

Ray was cleared of murder charges. And he also gave testimony to put away the real criminals. It was aplea agreement, he received an Obstruction Of Justice charge by the Fulton County Courts.

If you do not like Ray Lewis i have to ask, 'Do you only like the Buffalo Bills, or football in general?' To me Ray Lewis is everything football is about. If The Bills had him on their team, i think we too would have ended our Super Bowl drought. The guy makes everyone around him better.