Romney's ridiculous comments on 47% of Americans

fjl2nd

Romney speech recorded with him saying 47% of Americans don't pay taxes and are dependent on government. They are Obama supporters and think they are victims. What bull ****!

Not only did he say this, Reince Preibus doubles down on the comments like a retard and reiterates the myth of giant government under Obama.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dorsey/rnc-chairman-reince-priebus-says-romney-was-on-me#HTWF2

And then this comment:

"And so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012/09/17/romneys-47-remark/57797246/1

And finally, let's point out where the 47% actually are. Mostly red states: http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012/09/17/romneys-47-remark/57797246/1

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news, Skippy...America is tired of people living on the dole. This is not the gaffe you think it is, and the ONLY people who think it is a gaffe are the people in your liberal bubble who need just seven more things to waste America's time with until the election is here.

Conservatives are already cheering this side of Mitt, and it will absolutely bite you all on the ass. Be careful what you wish for.

Damn those welfare queens in the Inter-Mountain West!

Bad news, Skippy...America is tired of people living on the dole. This is not the gaffe you think it is, and the ONLY people who think it is a gaffe are the people in your liberal bubble who need just seven more things to waste America's time with until the election is here.

Conservatives are already cheering this side of Mitt, and it will absolutely bite you all on the ass. Be careful what you wish for.

Of course you are right... He dismisses 47% of the country... He knows all he has to do is swing 5-10% of the middle.

But... I betcha, a great number of the other side of the 47% is living off the dole too! No doubt...

It's sad that you're so wrong. How is ignoring 47% of America wasting time exactly??

You can't tell why this looks terrible for Mitt Romney?! Really? He is a very wealthy man who will not disclose his own finances more than the bare minimum and has now just thrown the "poorest" 47% of Americans under the bus?? All while taking advantage of his own tax loopholes.

Damn those welfare queens in the Inter-Mountain West!

Of course you are right... He dismisses 47% of the country... He knows all he has to do is swing 5-10% of the middle.

But... I betcha, a great number of the other side of the 47% is living off the dole too! No doubt...

Like I said...be careful what you wish for. This will come back to bite the Mother Jones readers of the world.

It's sad that you're so wrong. How is ignoring 47% of America wasting time exactly??

You can't tell why this looks terrible for Mitt Romney?! Really? He is a very wealthy man who will not disclose his own finances more than the bare minimum and has now just thrown the "poorest" 47% of Americans under the bus?? All while taking advantage of his own tax loopholes.

Becasue Mitt is showing just what a poor leader he would be!

You can't tell why this looks terrible for Mitt Romney?

The reason this looks bad for Romney is because the entire media will now spend the entire week about this "secret" video. Not about people dying in Egypt. Not about the WH lying about the deaths being about a movie. Not about filmmakers being hauled away because of their free speech. Not about 24 million Americans can't find work. Not about 16T in debt. Not about 9 million on food stamps.

No. Mitt Romney said what everyone believes but few will admit, and that will carry the news all week: the people on the government dole will never vote for him and will NEVER get off their asses to take care of themselves. Him dismissing the 47% is no different than him dismissing NY and CA. Neither want what he's offering, so there's no use wasting your time trying to help them out. Period.

What you're watching is a person who addresses problems he can affect. It starts with dismissing the problems that refuse your help. Successful business people know this. Progressives in bubbles do not.

Typical FJ... He's not "ignoring" them as you put it... He knows however, that your 40 some percent, will for the most part, vote to keep themselves on the dole... To keep the government handouts, or bribes if you will...

But you still, look at it through colored glasses, that have made you believe we are a democracy, where majority rules, and what's best for the majority, must also be best for the minority. But YOU ignore, the very basis of this country is as a republic...

Don't worry though.... only 3% more, and you win... The rights of the individual, and our republic, will be long gone.

Wow, that lacks empathy like no tomorrow... Not that what he said was totally off base, but not everybody that receives help is a calculated sloth taker... There are a lot of poor and struggling who would prefer not to be broke, but for a varsity of reasons they are in that situation....

This won't make him more likable....

Typical FJ... He's not "ignoring" them as you put it... He knows however, that your 40 some percent, will for the most part, vote to keep themselves on the dole... To keep the government handouts, or bribes if you will...

But you still, look at it through colored glasses, that have made you believe we are a democracy, where majority rules, and what's best for the majority, must also be best for the minority. But YOU ignore, the very basis of this country is as a republic...

Don't worry though.... only 3% more, and you win... The rights of the individual, and our republic, will be long gone.

I know we are a republic and of course the majority doesn't always know best (Ex. Interracial Marriage, Segregation, Gay Marriage now, etc.)

To say people are voting for Obama just to keep getting a check for the government is not only mostly false, it's insulting to his supporters and to Americans within that 47% (some which are most definitely Romney backers) who are hard working people and are still moving up in the world. IT'S INSULTING. Period.

This isn't about just handouts of food stamps or medicaid. Within that 47% are people who really work hard every day to get by. A lot probably have kids to provide for and have bought or have dreams of buying a house. They get tax breaks/credits to help them do so. And then Mitt Romney has the nerve to just throw away their votes?? Ridiculous.

It will be within 10 years.

It won't.

The reason this looks bad for Romney is because the entire media will now spend the entire week about this "secret" video. Not about people dying in Egypt. Not about the WH lying about the deaths being about a movie. Not about filmmakers being hauled away because of their free speech. Not about 24 million Americans can't find work. Not about 16T in debt. Not about 9 million on food stamps.

No. Mitt Romney said what everyone believes but few will admit, and that will carry the news all week: the people on the government dole will never vote for him and will NEVER get off their asses to take care of themselves. Him dismissing the 47% is no different than him dismissing NY and CA. Neither want what he's offering, so there's no use wasting your time trying to help them out. Period.

What you're watching is a person who addresses problems he can affect. It starts with dismissing the problems that refuse your help. Successful business people know this. Progressives in bubbles do not.

Do you really believe out of those 47%, all of them are just sitting on their ass? How dumb are you? I've already explained this above.

These are terrible comments for Mitt Romney. Just looks really bad.

Wow, that lacks empathy like no tomorrow... Not that what he said was totally off base, but not everybody that receives help is a calculated sloth taker... There are a lot of poor and struggling who would prefer not to be broke, but for a varsity of reasons they are in that situation....

This won't make him more likable....

There are some poor people as you describe, but they are few and far between. There's a reason none of us ever know any able bodied poor people of working age that are worth a damn in that situation for any length of time. There aren't many out there.

There are some poor people as you describe, but they are few and far between. There's a reason none of us ever know any able bodied poor people of working age that are worth a damn in that situation for any length of time. There aren't many out there.

And you're basing this on...?

I know we are a republic and of course the majority doesn't always know best (Ex. Interracial Marriage, Segregation, Gay Marriage now, etc.)

To say people are voting for Obama just to keep getting a check for the government is not only mostly false, it's insulting to his supporters and to Americans within that 47% (some which are most definitely Romney backers) who are hard working people and are still moving up in the world. IT'S INSULTING. Period.

This isn't about just handouts of food stamps or medicaid. Within that 47% are people who really work hard every day to get by. A lot probably have kids to provide for and have bought or have dreams of buying a house. They get tax breaks/credits to help them do so. And then Mitt Romney has the nerve to just throw away their votes?? Ridiculous.

It won't.

Do you really believe out of those 47%, all of them are just sitting on their ass? How dumb are you? I've already explained this above.

These are terrible comments for Mitt Romney. Just looks really bad.

Why does the government have to help people buy a house? Why is it my obligation or anyone else's to pay for your house?

What you speak of isn't compassion. It's immoral and destructive. It is bringing about the collapse of western civilization, it's happening before our very eyes and you guys refuse to see it. It brings new meaning to the saying "never underestimate the power of denial."

Why does the government have to help people buy a house? Why is it my obligation or anyone else's to pay for your house?

What you speak of isn't compassion. It's immoral and destructive. It is bringing about the collapse of western civilization, it's happening before our very eyes and you guys refuse to see it. It brings new meaning to the saying "never underestimate the power of denial."

Because it worked so well the past decade. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying I agree with these things, I'm just pointing out all of the people Mitt is alienating with his comments.

But your not going to reach the reachable with those kind of comments...

I'm not necessarily speaking to the political efficacy of the comments; I'm bored of that right now. I'm just saying it's the damn truth and I'm tired of everyone catering to the grown up children among us. You're an adult and deserve the respect of one when you act like one. If I'm paying your bills I really don't care if hearing it hurts your feelings. This is why I don't think people on public assistance should be allowed to vote and why I think the only way to tax income in a democracy is through a flat tax. I don't want to put sprinkles on a pile of **** and call it a sundae.