Week 2; a must win situation already?

BobDVA

The Chiefs and the Bills are almost dead even teams in my opinion. A loss Sunday to the Chiefs have the Bills travelling to Cleveland next week. I know almost everyone here has us penciled in for a win against the Browns. But at Cleveland, with the defense that the Browns have, Believe me that is not a sure thing. A loss today, even with a win next week, then come the Patriots and the 49'ers, a loss today and we could have 0-5 starring us in the face.

Win today, and next week, even the most diehard of us, the best we can hope for is 2-3. Lose today and kiss any playoff hopes goodbye!

The Chiefs and the Bills are almost dead even teams in my opinion. A loss Sunday to the Chiefs have the Bills travelling to Cleveland next week. I know almost everyone here has us penciled in for a win against the Browns. But at Cleveland, with the defense that the Browns have, Believe me that is not a sure thing. A loss today, even with a win next week, then come the Patriots and the 49'ers, a loss today and we could have 0-5 starring us in the face.

Win today, and next week, even the most diehard of us, the best we can hope for is 2-3. Lose today and kiss any playoff hopes goodbye!

I agree 100%.....today we see potentially a 9-7 team or 4-12 team.....which will they be.

So far I have seen a team with little intensity. I am not sure if the team has leadership. If they are waiting for Mario to deliver leadership, he will not. He has never been a leader...anywhere he has been.

I expect Kyle Williams to step up and slap a few helmuts today. Watch the sidelines today...you will see if any leadership comes out.

OH HOW WE MISS A "DARRYL TALLEY"

Every week should be a must win game.

But seriously, the Chiefs were 7-9 last year. They don't have gimmicky quarterback to distract the Bills preparation. They are an average team, coming into a home opener where the players will hopefully be fired up and determined after last week.

If we CAN'T put up a good showing here, I don't see much reason to expect to go to the playoffs.

I agree 100%.....today we see potentially a 9-7 team or 4-12 team.....which will they be.

So far I have seen a team with little intensity. I am not sure if the team has leadership. If they are waiting for Mario to deliver leadership, he will not. He has never been a leader...anywhere he has been.

I expect Kyle Williams to step up and slap a few helmuts today. Watch the sidelines today...you will see if any leadership comes out.

OH HOW WE MISS A "DARRYL TALLEY"

Even with all of the talent that we had on those teams, they had MANY games where they came out flat and spotted the other team a nice lead,

you would then see some pssd off guys in people's faces. Those teams had enforcers that would snap players out of a funk and will the team to win or at least fight tooth and nail to come back. They would make life hell for the team after a loss.

Watching Ray Lewis at his age come out and play like he's in a 21 y.o. body the way he did in THEIR home opener.....if you're on THAT team, how do you not go out and run through walls. He is the unquestioned leader...and never takes a play off. I would kill for one player on our team that has 50% of his intensity and is out there displaying it on the field and in the locker room.

The coaches have their part, but that part ends at the sideline. There has to be leadership/respect roles in the locker room and on the field. That comes from seasoned vets. We have had too many regime changes, and have let some high caliber veteran talent walk strictly because we didn't want to pay them. Too much to ask a Nick Barnett to walk cold into a losing organization and start throwing tables in the locker room. We rely HEAVILY on every draft to the point where we need several starters from it. Winning teams have established leaders/starters and are plugging holes with drafts....we're building large parts of our starting lineups with them. There is no player or coach or GM that came from the Bills old culture of winning...not a single tie back to those days that is an every day presence around the team. Except Ralph.....nuff said.

Winning cultures, natural leadership roles are things that you can't buy, import nor can you map them out in a war room.

Curious to see this week especially if our young team, our franchise condition/pressure to win burns a fire with certain players enough to get them to put the team on their back and WIN GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

If they lose today I can see them strolling into Arizona 0-5. I'm nervous about today. Other than both teams even at QB and defense, I see the Chiefs offense getting the edge. This team needs to finally show it can overcome adversity and play with some intensity. The company line from Chan and Fitz won't cut it anymore. There's a reason 9000 tickets for the Fins game and over 20,000 avaialble for the remaining 3 home games. Time to show the baby Chan!

It's certainly a 'Must Win' game for the sports bars -big & small- who's big draw is the Bills. I'm in Saints territory, but my tab @ B-Dubs was paid up @ halftime last week.. <didn't go well for Saints fans either> they HAVE to be competitive today. As for any national cred, both teams have been bottom feeders and were crushed in their openers. So this game says to the Football World -the loser today is the SUCKIEST of the SUCK Teams.

Me? I'm hooked for life. So I'll show up every week with hope -and my wallet..

It's certainly a 'Must Win' game for the sports bars -big & small- who's big draw is the Bills. I'm in Saints territory, but my tab @ B-Dubs was paid up @ halftime last week.. <didn't go well for Saints fans either> they HAVE to be competitive today. As for any national cred, both teams have been bottom feeders and were crushed in their openers. So this game says to the Football World -the loser today is the SUCKIEST of the SUCK Teams.

Me? I'm hooked for life. So I'll show up every week with hope -and my wallet..

Damn Chandler, just damn!

MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WINMUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN

EVERY GAME