NFL and no other sports vs.

OnTheRocks

I am not sure what the fan base on the wall is like....so here is a question for you:

If you had to choose between being able to watch only the NFL and no other Sports (MLB, NBA, NHL, Olympic Womens Volleyball <_< ...etc..) for the rest of your life...

or

Watch all other sports and no NFL...

Which would you choose??

For me it is an easy choice. I would take the NFL by itself in a heartbeat.

despite my love for the sabres, this is a VERY easy question for me to answer.

I would take NFL and no other sports over the opposite any day of the week. The NBA is a joke, PGA is good for a hungover saturday/sunday afternoon, baseball is..well baseball, and the NHL is nice, but too long.

Every Sunday during NFL season is an event. Going to a Sabres game is a fun night, but it cant hold a candle to a Sunday at the Ralph.

So, there's my vote.

There's a reason that football is our new national pasttime.

Bear Posted Today, 08:24 PM

It's an easy choice for me...NFL and no other. Though, I would prefer to make that "Football" and no other sport.

The draft wouldn't be much fun without a college season.

I agree with you Bear. It has to be all of Football. I love college just as much as the NFL. You have to have the draft too.

I love pro football and only have a religious affiliation with one team - the Bills, but given that choice I would have to give up the NFL. The alternative would be to give up the NCAA basketball tournament in March, the Masters on CBS (just a wonderful spring experience), the playoffs and the World Series (I used to be a baseball junkie, but have soured, but I am not ready to give up the great series when they come around), the Olympics (I don't care about all of it, but there are always moments), spring training, the occasional great NBA series, and waking up hungover on January 1 for a full day of bowl games you don't particularly care about but would miss if they were not there.

It would mean 20 weeks of sports and 32 without. 32 weeks of x-games, NASCAR and strong man competitions. The only way hell could be worse would be a 24 hour per day Jim Rome show, annoying female play-by-play announcers, the only TV station being a 24 hour all-hip-hop music channel and the Mime network.

I certainly love the NFL most of all of sports and the Bills most of all of NFL teams, however, my attention span is too short for me to exist with merely one sport, it would be less of a life without the NFL, but if I have to survive on a diet of Women's Beach Volleyball with the World Series of Poker thrown in on occaision for diversity, so be it.

I am not sure what the fan base on the wall is like....so here is a question for you:

If you had to choose between being able to watch only the NFL and no other Sports (MLB, NBA, NHL, Olympic Womens Volleyball  :unsure:  ...etc..)  for the rest of your life...

or

Watch all other sports and no NFL...

Which would you choose??

For me it is an easy choice.  I would take the NFL by itself in a heartbeat.

13842[/snapback]

The NFL only, hands down. If (God forbid) the Bills ever leave Buffalo, this scenario would be the opposite for me...watch all other sports and no NFL.

I love pro football and only have a religious affiliation with one team - the Bills, but given that choice I would have to give up the NFL.  The alternative would be to give up the NCAA basketball tournament in March, the Masters on CBS (just a wonderful spring experience), the playoffs and the World Series (I used to be a baseball junkie, but have soured, but I am not ready to give up the great series when they come around), the Olympics (I don't care about all of it, but there are always moments), spring training, the occasional great NBA series, and waking up hungover on January 1 for a full day of bowl games you don't particularly care about but would miss if they were not there.

It would mean 20 weeks of sports and 32 without.  32 weeks of x-games, NASCAR and strong man competitions.  The only way hell could be worse would be a 24 hour per day Jim Rome show, annoying female play-by-play announcers, the only TV station being a 24 hour all-hip-hop music channel and the Mime network.

13925[/snapback]

I would have a hard time giving up the NCAA Tourney too! But the good thing about just Football....is that you can have 6 months of actually being a somewhat productive member of society in the late winter and spring.