NFL television map for week one

LewPort71

But there is a little blip of Bills @ Jets for Columbia, SC?

That one is weird too.

I bet it's because of Stephon Gilmore. Columbia is where USC is located. Very often a big college town will carry a seemingly random NFL matchup if it features a highly-touted rookie/youngish player who played there. Case in point, here in Central North Carolina, we were treated to lots of Chargers games several years back because Philip Rivers played his college ball at NC State.

EDIT: PTR beat me to it.

Edited by jimmyo

Stephon Gilmore connection.

PTR

I bet it's because of Stephon Gilmore. Columbia is where USC is located. Very often a big college town will carry a seemingly random NFL matchup if it features a highly-touted rookie/youngish player who played there. Case in point, here in Central North Carolina, we were treated to lots of Chargers games several years back because Philip Rivers played his college ball at NC State.

EDIT: PTR beat me to it.

Stephon Gilmore connection.

PTR

Nice catch.

That makes much more sense.

Hope he gets a pick or three. I'm guessing that may not even throw in his direction too often and pick on Aaron Williams. :blink:

The order f how games are decided....

1. Local team in primary/secondary/traditional markets

2. If not your team then a division rival. Most casual bills fans know who buffalos division rivals are and that's it.

3. Local connection to the game. It's common for high round draft pick, rookie starters, and now starters at qb, rb, wr to be picked up by their local college markets or home markets.

4. Get a look at a high profile rookie player...look for many markets to get a game involving Andrew luck and RG3.

On #3....

In the past Austin has aired Cleveland games because of colt McCoy. Knoxville would air Houston because Arian foster played for Tennessee...Boise would pick up jets games because the rookie starting cb played the prior year for Boise state. Lincoln NE taking Detroit games because of Suh, Birmingham airing Carolina because of cam newton. Can't recall what college it was but the high draft pick of KC Eric berry was picked up by his college town. The bay area is airing Indy games. Chico California when the can will air green bay games when it can because Aaron Rodgers was from Chico and went to cal.

Look at the schedule...the same week buffalo is at San Fran and oakland is off is the week Aaron Rodgers visits Andrew luck at 1pm....thus allowing northern California to see it.

Where I live in Seattle last year they aired quite a few titans ganes because Matt hasselback was the starting qb. They will do it gain this year because the titans qb now being jake locker was born and raised in the Seattle market and went to the univ of Washington.

They have to be high profile positions or starting rookies.