Ask not what......

VABills

Most people work hard, take are of their business and do the best they know how to succeed. What's important here is the Government is the great central lever that impedes poor people from opportunities (even though I believe policticans often have good intentions), on the flip side is used by the powerful to game the system to their favor.

Instead of arguing if the Republicans or Democrats have so called "answers", which they rarely do, why not simplfy the system, pared it down, leave people to their own devices and see what happens? It is really the only angle we have not tried yet in the last 15-20 years...

Get out of Wars on Several Fronts. Let people keep more of their money. Simplify the tax code. Stop letting polictians decide where funds go based on favoritism. Let business' that suck at their business fail. Its a start

Most people work hard, take are of their business and do the best they know how to succeed. What's important here is the Government is the great central lever that impedes poor people from opportunities (even though I believe policticans often have good intentions), on the flip side is used by the powerful to game the system to their favor.

Instead of arguing if the Republicans or Democrats have so called "answers", which they rarely do, why not simplfy the system, pared it down, leave people to their own devices and see what happens? It is really the only angle we have not tried yet in the last 15-20 years...

Get out of Wars on Several Fronts. Let people keep more of their money. Simplify the tax code. Stop letting polictians decide where funds go based on favoritism. Let business' that suck at their business fail. Its a start

Those are the tenets of the TEA party.

So you propose lower taxes, yet you advocate for a massive expansion of tax payer funded health care.

Okey dokey :blink:

I assume you meant this for me.

Truth be told, I am not asking or advoating the Government to pay for my healthcare. What I do want is the ability to buy insurance regardless of pre-existing condition.... I don't even care if it is rated for risk, I get that, I understand how insurance works even though most people seem to not get it.

I have maintained from the start that I advoacte deductible health plans that carry catastrophic insurance. I can pay for my physcial, lab work, Derm exam every year.... what I can't afford is $100K in cancer treatment or 50K ED bills if I am in a car accident.

Clear now? If people were able to keep more of their earned money, they could budget more for healthcare expenses.... you can have both, it is possible....

Here are a few more quotes from President Kennedy's Inaugural speech. Try and imagine them being said tonight;

"For only when our arms are sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will never be employed."

"Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate."

"...the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God."