NFL Sunday Ticket - Online Only

WickedGame

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to order the online version you're on the honor system by selecting that you certify that you're unable to subscribe to DirecTV at your address. Does anyone know if they follow up on that and if so what they could do about it?

I'm guessing that it's more for people that signed up for DTV just to get ST. By that I mean I think it's a CYA more for DTV than anything so they can say "the guy told us he couldn't get DTV that's the only reason we're ONLY taking $250" in case a current DTV customer complained. They have my address. They know whether they could provide me service. Yet I signed up with no trouble at all.

I'm guessing that it's more for people that signed up for DTV just to get ST. By that I mean I think it's a CYA more for DTV than anything so they can say "the guy told us he couldn't get DTV that's the only reason we're ONLY taking $250" in case a current DTV customer complained. They have my address. They know whether they could provide me service. Yet I signed up with no trouble at all.

I went for it. Somehow I doubt they follow up on this. I guess they figure they do better at the margins by people like me, who aren't going to get DTV anyway, paying for it rather than going to European hack sites.

It seems to order the online version you're on the honor system by selecting that you certify that you're unable to subscribe to DirecTV at your address. Does anyone know if they follow up on that and if so what they could do about it?

Jackbooted thugs break in and smash your TV - better be sure you're telling the truth. They know, man...

Welp, I just dropped in to the tablet version too - I have the service and the app. And holy crapper, you can log in on the PS3!!

Good thing, cause right now it's just a RedZone commercial on the iPad that won't AirPlay, it just says "Try again later". I'm not freaking out. Yet.

Pretty amazing you can save $50, just by purchasing in a different place...

Jackbooted thugs break in and smash your TV - better be sure you're telling the truth. They know, man...

Welp, I just dropped in to the tablet version too - I have the service and the app. And holy crapper, you can log in on the PS3!!

Good thing, cause right now it's just a RedZone commercial on the iPad that won't AirPlay, it just says "Try again later". I'm not freaking out. Yet.

Pretty amazing you can save $50, just by purchasing in a different place...

Weird. Mine airplays just fine. I'm guessing on Sunday we will all be fine.

And if not I of course have the tiny white plastic adapter to hook my iPad up via HDMI. And I got it for the low low price of $39.99. :)

Weird. Mine airplays just fine. I'm guessing on Sunday we will all be fine.

And if not I of course have the tiny white plastic adapter to hook my iPad up via HDMI. And I got it for the low low price of $39.99. :)

I'm sure it'll be fine too...

Regardless, I'm running PS3 when I'm at home. Something about that HDMI right into the TV that makes me feel better :D Though, I suppose it's all running off the same WiFi and Internet.

I also tend to travel a lot for work so this will be amazing - just pack the iPad, the Apple TV, cables and you're good to go wherever you're staying!

Thanks to the OP for the link!

I know this has been discussed in another thread, but wanted to give it a fresh thread so nobody missed the info. To get the Sunday Ticket ONLINE ONLY, go to http://www.directv.c...yticketspecial. I signed up today for $250.

Maybe I’m missing something here, but why subscribe to the online only Sunday Ticket for $250 when you could subscribe to the regular package for only $199. Maybe less. I believe new customers to DirecTV get the Sunday package thrown in free of charge. Even some long time DirecTV who post on this board have called DirecTv’s customer service and were able to chew the rep down to even a lower price.

Maybe I’m missing something here, but why subscribe to the online only Sunday Ticket for $250 when you could subscribe to the regular package for only $199. Maybe less. I believe new customers to DirecTV get the Sunday package thrown in free of charge. Even some long time DirecTV who post on this board have called DirecTv’s customer service and were able to chew the rep down to even a lower price.

Because I am not a directv customer and have no desire to be.

Can anyone confirm that their "online" ($250) login still works on the PS3? Going to sign up this weekend and worried that maybe it was a "week 1 trial" or something. Would rather have the extra phone/ipad stuff if needed, but will be watching on the PS3 whenever possible.

Can anyone confirm that their "online" ($250) login still works on the PS3? Going to sign up this weekend and worried that maybe it was a "week 1 trial" or something. Would rather have the extra phone/ipad stuff if needed, but will be watching on the PS3 whenever possible.

Mine worked Sunday - I won't quite say "fine" since there were lots of freezes, but it worked.