Would you feel better about this team if Vick was QB?

mike6683

So who the team's quarterback is determines if you root for the Bills or against them? Guess over the years you have spent more years rooting against them then for them, if you only root for them when they have a QB who can take a team to the playoffs. Jim Kelly had 7 seasons where he didn't play all 16 games, normally because of injury so you must have rooted against him too? I am not a Vick fan, but your post kinda tells us all what type of fan you are. Go Bills and whomever there QB is!!!!!! Root for the Buffalo the helmet not the player inside it.

Your argument is flawed. I only said I would root against the Bills if Vick was their QB. You took this statement and generalized it. Again, flawed argument.

Next, it's laughable to compare Kelly to Vick. Excuse the cliche, but Vick couldn't even hold Kelly's jock strap. Kelly is a HOF QB who brought his team to 4 consecutive SBs. Only way Vick gets into the HOF is if he stands in line and buys a ticket.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those that dismiss Vick because of morality are ignorant... like half of the players we cheer for aren't guilty of immoral acts. Despite what you may think is redemption... Vick paid what society claimed was redempetion for his disturbing acts

I saw a few others like this, but this.one just happened to be the most recent... YOU GUYS TOTALLY GET IT... yeah, hes a big douche but stop and think about some of the shxt other NFL players have done... donte stallworth Killed a MAN. Ray lewis and pacman jones were almost directly responsible for MURDERS... But americans have some undying love for dogs so hardcore even.apparently more than people for christs sake... im a pitbull owner.. but jesus you act like you have never done anything immoral. He just took it farther. He had a rough ghetto upbringing where they are bout that life... i lived in hunstville AL for 2 years, they really do do that shxt A LOT.. Its a lifestyle he was too dumb to leave behind.. get off your high horses dude went to jail for 2 years for killing some DOGS! You know... the same animals that get put down every day by the thousands because all these animals lovers dont take them in? Shxt if dude was rooster fighting nobody would care (morally) because we eat chicken, and if you think BIG TIME chicken farms dont torture them, your out of your minds. Google it. So where is the line really drawn? How about on your foreheads, in the shape of an "L"..... f'in losers

Podge4prez OUT!

Mmmmmm thats some KILLER ORANGE JUICE!! LOTS OF PULP

I saw a few others like this, but this.one just happened to be the most recent... YOU GUYS TOTALLY GET IT... yeah, hes a big douche but stop and think about some of the shxt other NFL players have done... donte stallworth Killed a MAN. Ray lewis and pacman jones were almost directly responsible for MURDERS... But americans have some undying love for dogs so hardcore even.apparently more than people for christs sake... im a pitbull owner.. but jesus you act like you have never done anything immoral. He just took it farther. He had a rough ghetto upbringing where they are bout that life... i lived in hunstville AL for 2 years, they really do do that shxt A LOT.. Its a lifestyle he was too dumb to leave behind.. get off your high horses dude went to jail for 2 years for killing some DOGS! You know... the same animals that get put down every day by the thousands because all these animals lovers dont take them in? Shxt if dude was rooster fighting nobody would care (morally) because we eat chicken, and if you think BIG TIME chicken farms dont torture them, your out of your minds. Google it. So where is the line really drawn? How about on your foreheads, in the shape of an "L"..... f'in losers

Podge4prez OUT!

Mmmmmm thats some KILLER ORANGE JUICE!! LOTS OF PULP

You came across as one sharp dude there. Great argument.

All legal stuff/personality aside, talking strictly QB. No he's the most overrated/overhyped QB to ever play. Andy Reid makes QB look better than they are. Michael Vick, a QB who's only surpassed 3,000 yds twice in his 9 years of playing? A QB who's only surpassed 20 passing TDs twice in his 9 years in the NFL?

I'll pass

All legal stuff/personality aside, talking strictly QB. No he's the most overrated/overhyped QB to ever play. Andy Reid makes QB look better than they are. Michael Vick, a QB who's only surpassed 3,000 yds twice in his 9 years of playing? A QB who's only surpassed 20 passing TDs twice in his 9 years in the NFL?

I'll pass

If you're being fair then you have to include rushing yards and rushing tds into your statistics there. Also he's only been with Andy Reid for 2 seasons. What about the rest of his career?

If you include rushing..

3000 yds in 6 of 7 years starting (the one year he didnt he played only 5 games due to an injury)

20 tds in 4 of 7 years starting

its hard to call him the most overrated/overhyped qb in history when guys like Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell accomplished absolutely nothing. Vick is still a top 15 qb in the league right now.. how can he be that overrated?

Edited by Billsrhody

If you're being fair then you have to include rushing yards and rushing tds into your statistics there. Also he's only been with Andy Reid for 2 seasons. What about the rest of his career?

its hard to call him the most overrated/overhyped qb in history when guys like Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell accomplished absolutely nothing. Vick is still a top 15 qb in the league right now.. how can he be that overrated?

No I won't include those bogus numbers. A QB is to throw the ball, not run the ball. Sure Cam had his record setting 14 rushing TDs but what I saw is a rookie QB that threw for over 4,000 yds, over 20 TDs and completed well over 60%. I want a QB that knows how to throw the ball first, then run it as an added bonus.

In what way was Jamarcus Russell/Ryan Leaf overrated and overhyped? Sure they were drafted 1 and 2 but beyond that, the media and fans SQUASHED them. Vick is still talked about as if he's an above average QB that can bring the Eagles to the show. Maclin, Jackson, Celek, McCoy, Avant. If you can't lead that offense to a Super Bowl, you're worthless. They have SO much talent on that team it's a joke.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

Most people suggest how we would be with rookie QB's we never had a shot at. Now that the Bills are on verge of being a good football team and we had a real shot at bringing Mike Vick in after he got out out of jail. Would you feel much better about this team if he was leading it right now?

I thought the last thread I just posted in was bad... and my opinion has nothing to do with his dog thing... but the man falls somewhere between "as bad as vince young" and "nowhere as good as Donovan McNabb was"

so..... ummmm no.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

I personally wouldn't. Looking over the past, you see mcnabb play in philly and do well, then he leave and he sucks. You see kolb play for philly and do well, the. He leaves and he sucks. I think Chan is a good coach, but Andy Reid has some weird voodoo trick with qbs, and I honestly don't think Chan can get the play out of him that Reid gets.

I'm relatively new to this forum. But, I hope that when the regular season starts, threads like this one will stop. I'd much rather read debate on players that we actually have. These hypothetical threads are a waste of time.

That being said: screw Vick. To my mind, Gailey/Nix have shown that they place a high value on character. I like that about them, and I like the effect it has had on the team. I enjoy rooting for players that I can be proud of.

+1

Well glad to have you and nice post.

people that hate on vick are generally racist and/or ignorant about dog fighting in urban culture

have you ever seen the japanese bugfights? what if vick made a snake fight an iguana to the death would that be an unforgivable sin? in some countries they eat dog

also they apparently dont realize pro sports leagues are loaded with men who commit all sorts of crimes such as dwi or violence or drugs or guns and also plenty of people cheating on their wives and doing any number of immoral things

i love my dog and i think the vick crimes were heinous but i dont watch nfl football to get life lessons from great role model

vick is obviously superior to fitz and is a one of the more entertaining players to watch

Edited by Boludo

people that hate on vick are generally racist and/or ignorant about dog fighting in urban culture

have you ever seen the japanese bugfights? what if vick made a snake fight an iguana to the death would that be an unforgivable sin? in some countries they eat dog

also they apparently dont realize pro sports leagues are loaded with men who commit all sorts of crimes such as dwi or violence or drugs or guns and also plenty of people cheating on their wives and doing any number of immoral things

i love my dog and i think the vick crimes were heinous but i dont watch nfl football to get life lessons from great role model

vick is obviously superior to fitz and is a one of the more entertaining players to watch

Ralph's a racist. By God Obama eats dogs.