Survivor Philippines

WWVaBeach

Just saw the Final 3 spoiled... but I will behave. :D

Wow, they're already that far into the show?? I had no idea the production was so far in advance of the broadcast.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, they're already that far into the show?? I had no idea the production was so far in advance of the broadcast.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure every season minus the reunion has been over & ready-to-go well before the 1st episode airs...that's how player's edits are determined.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure every season minus the reunion has been over & ready-to-go well before the 1st episode airs...that's how player's edits are determined.

I can't believe I've never been spoiled, if that's the case....did you seek out the info on the final 3 or come across it accidentally?

I can't believe I've never been spoiled, if that's the case....did you seek out the info on the final 3 or come across it accidentally?

I looked in the Survivor Sucks board "Spoilers" sub-board, and there is a 34 page thread there on the Final 3, I couldn't resist lol.... one of the board members lives in the Philippines, it's legit or they never would've let the thread get that big. Last time I saw spoilers this revealed was Heroes vs. Villains season, so it's been awhile.

• 3 weeks later...

lol, well that was an interesting strategy....make an alliance with everyone in your tribe, and then go around telling them you can't hack the game and deserve to be voted out. Dumbest. Strategy. Ever.

I think that one white chicken may have checked out early....the poor little guy was in his crate when they were all scrambling around to get on their rafts, and the crate went under...RIP chicken.

When they showed the clip of fire boy killing that boar, that looked pretty suspicious to me. I don't have a problem with them hunting animals to eat, but that thing did NOT look wild. That was someone's pet or something, cause it wasn't threatened by him at all....untill he started stabbing the thing...that wasn't cool man.

Edited by ajzepp

lol, well that was an interesting strategy....make an alliance with everyone in your tribe, and then go around telling them you can't hack the game and deserve to be voted out. Dumbest. Strategy. Ever.

I think that one white chicken may have checked out early....the poor little guy was in his crate when they were all scrambling around to get on their rafts, and the crate went under...RIP chicken.

When they showed the clip of fire boy killing that boar, that looked pretty suspicious to me. I don't have a problem with them hunting animals to eat, but that thing did NOT look wild. That was someone's pet or something, cause it wasn't threatened by him at all....untill he started stabbing the thing...that wasn't cool man.

WRT Zane, the phrase "Ugly, fat and stupid is no way to go through life, son!" comes immediately to mind. Zero preparation for the physical game. Running around like a kid in a candy store who says he's going to buy EVERYTHING / making an alliance with EVERYONE on Day One and thinking that this alone is going to carry you for however long... and then telling someone??? And thinking that it won't get out that you've overextended yourself?? This is what's wrought by having only the first clue on how to play Survivor.

Step One: Make alliances

Step Two: ????

Step Three: Roll naked on a million $. (BTW, "The Amazing Race" upped their prize to $2M. Especially after taxes, a single million ain't what it was even 10 years ago.)

Angie. WOW. :woot: :wub:

Returning Russell is !@#$ing moron #2. Spouting off on how leadership = death in the game and then he goes all General Patton toute suite and flubs strategy to boot. An apology at tribal is not enough. There are people who don't know what their weaknesses are, and you can forgive that, but people who do know their weaknesses and then cogently jump right back into those weaknesses... BTW, Leadership does not necessarily kill in Survivor. STUUUUUPID leadership kills. The Peter Principle applies on the island as much as it does IRL. Russ reached his level of incompetence at the first immunity challenge. He is not long for this game.

Fire Guy is just wrecking himself out there. The fire incident wasn't some fluke. This guy just can't avoid injuring himself because he just can't calm the !@#$ down.

The two celebrities, who had hoped to keep their identities secret and blend in were both sussed out right away. I think Jeff Kent's would hurt him more than Facts of Life woman, especially given how she lost everything she got from that show. As Fire Guy said, I think pulling back her over shirt and revealing her true identity would likely help her a lot.

I thought the same thing about that chicken. Then I thought PETA rant in 3,2,1. I hope Jef Kent's knee doesn't cause an early departure. And there are definitely a couple hotties in this cast! Zane is literally an idiot. One too many crack rocks.

Now I could see my girl Lisa being recognized by anyone who watched Facts of Life when they were a kid... but who the hell is going to recognize Jeff Kent? I'm calling Production BS.

I always liked Skupin, but Russhole #2 & fat :censored: Penner are worthless, I would not have brought either of them back. :thumbdown:

Very glad to see that idiot go first, though dumping Russhole #2 would've also worked for me.

Now I could see my girl Lisa being recognized by anyone who watched Facts of Life when they were a kid... but who the hell is going to recognize Jeff Kent? I'm calling Production BS.

I always liked Skupin, but Russhole #2 & fat :censored: Penner are worthless, I would not have brought either of them back. :thumbdown:

Very glad to see that idiot go first, though dumping Russhole #2 would've also worked for me.

Yep, that looked REALLY suspicious...that whole excuse was absolute crap. Hell, I was engaged to a classically trained opera singer but you don't see me goign around singing La Boheme, do you? I don't know SH*T about opera even though she talked about it all the time and I spent many an afternoon watching her rehearsals. For her to say, "oh, my boyfriend was really into baseball so I not only know Jeff Kent by name, I know what he looks like and how much money he made during his career"....that's a huge WTF.

Russ #2 has been working out since last time around...the dude is huge!

I think I really like the idea of three tribes. Reason being, with two tribes you nearly always go into the merger with one team starting with a numbers advantage, and then that numbers advantage carries on a while, sometimes until every member of the disadvantaged tribe is eradicated. This way you have another variable invovled....you could have one team retain all six members, but then 3 and 3 in the other two tribes who join forces against a common enemy. There is a greater chance that original tribal loyalty won't be as strong of an influence as it has been previously. I like that.

I thought the same thing about that chicken. Then I thought PETA rant in 3,2,1. I hope Jef Kent's knee doesn't cause an early departure. And there are definitely a couple hotties in this cast! Zane is literally an idiot. One too many crack rocks.

Kent seemed to be okay by the end of the show....depending on which ligament was damaged and to what degree, he may be able to just tough it out without risking any further damage....he'll just be at a physical disadvantage. Will be interesting to see how it develops.

AJ, agreed on the three-tribe note. It should make for a much "fairer" / less predictable merge. What has once been a given due to the numbers game (and even the order of the pick-off can be predicted), it's now probably going to be like a European-style parliment where there's going to have to be a coalition to get a majority... with the ever-present threat of a dissolution if something happens.

I just can't wait for Angie to lose that shirt full-time. Holy moly!!

Sorry i'm late to the party, but i was on vacation last week and finally watched the premiere.

AJ, the filming is waaaaaay ahead of the production. If i remember back to my survivor application days (i used to apply all the time before the players were casted), the fall season is filmed in june and july, possibly the beginning of august. The spring season is typically filmed in october and november. In one of the seasons, when a family member visited, one of the players asked who won the world series. The first season was the only season where the winner was revealed during the filming of the show. Since then, the final players have had to wait the ~5-6 months until the finale is aired.

As for this year, i have some renewed faith in the cast. It "appears" that they didn't simply make this one a Survivor-Real World with frat boys and sorority girls. There seems to be a better spread of backgrounds/ages/etc. Zane was an idiot from the get go, with all his alliances, and then telling them to vote him off. He's up for dumbest player award. I don't mind Russel, but he's playing the game like a moron. I actually hate most of the blue tribe, so i hope they get mowed down. Penner is still a good character, but i dont think he's long for the game. Also, like you guys said, i like the 3 tribes setup, simply because it won't allow for one tribe to attempt to run the table, as usually happens.

As for the eye candy, blondie from Utah is good looking, and i like the funbags from the yellow tribe. The brazilian is a classic butterface. The dark haired chick from the red tribe could be good looking, but she's been all covered up so far.

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say that frat boy from the blue tribe may be a bit smarter than he's given credit for. But thusfar, its tough to make any real assessments on the players.

Sorry i'm late to the party, but i was on vacation last week and finally watched the premiere.

AJ, the filming is waaaaaay ahead of the production. If i remember back to my survivor application days (i used to apply all the time before the players were casted), the fall season is filmed in june and july, possibly the beginning of august. The spring season is typically filmed in october and november. In one of the seasons, when a family member visited, one of the players asked who won the world series. The first season was the only season where the winner was revealed during the filming of the show. Since then, the final players have had to wait the ~5-6 months until the finale is aired.

As for this year, i have some renewed faith in the cast. It "appears" that they didn't simply make this one a Survivor-Real World with frat boys and sorority girls. There seems to be a better spread of backgrounds/ages/etc. Zane was an idiot from the get go, with all his alliances, and then telling them to vote him off. He's up for dumbest player award. I don't mind Russel, but he's playing the game like a moron. I actually hate most of the blue tribe, so i hope they get mowed down. Penner is still a good character, but i dont think he's long for the game. Also, like you guys said, i like the 3 tribes setup, simply because it won't allow for one tribe to attempt to run the table, as usually happens.

As for the eye candy, blondie from Utah is good looking, and i like the funbags from the yellow tribe. The brazilian is a classic butterface. The dark haired chick from the red tribe could be good looking, but she's been all covered up so far.

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say that frat boy from the blue tribe may be a bit smarter than he's given credit for. But thusfar, its tough to make any real assessments on the players.

I"m glad you guys told me this, cause I need to be careful to avoid spoilers more than I figured...I don't mind being spoiled on Big Brother a few days ahead since there is always something going on, but hell if they film THAT far in advance then once I'm spoiled it's pretty much over.

Interesting takes on the players....Im looking forward to seeing what sort of roles they each take on as we go. I agree that Russell is playing a dumb game...I'd like to see him stick around a while so hopefully he smartens up. Going out there saying how he doens't want anyone to be the leader and he wants everyone to be an equal, and then the next minutes start barking orders, is just dumb. I'm sure part of that was the edit, but still....

I want to see the ghost of the drowned chicken come back and haunt everyone.

Cookies :lol: dumbest response ever to a JP question!

But God bless her anyway!!

Not looking good for Team Blue. Roxyn, who got the boot tonight, was simply the weakest link in the challenge. She ran once, and did half the distance pushing from behind, which does next to nothing to help move a low-to-the-ground, heavy object like that sled and puts an incredible strain on the back. At least Angie ran twice before she was exhausted.

Gotta say that I can commiserate with Lisa/Facts of Life. I am pretty darn introverted. I like doing things on my own (but I'm very good at tasks, mind you), I often watch and listen rather than engage in the conversation, and I suspect I'm somewhere, tho low, on the autism/Asperger spectrum. Internet, Facebook, etc. are awesome for someone like me. Hard to compete in a game like Survivor when this is the case. I think she'll come around, tho. Lisa had an important role in the puzzle in the immunity win, so that presumably earns her brownie points and may tip the scales for keeping her around if she can help in the puzzles.

Fire Guy is still at it. And the quick preview for next week looked like a semi-serious wound WRT size and being able to keep it clean and infection. Dude just can't stop hurting himself.

I"m glad you guys told me this, cause I need to be careful to avoid spoilers more than I figured...I don't mind being spoiled on Big Brother a few days ahead since there is always something going on, but hell if they film THAT far in advance then once I'm spoiled it's pretty much over.

Interesting takes on the players....Im looking forward to seeing what sort of roles they each take on as we go. I agree that Russell is playing a dumb game...I'd like to see him stick around a while so hopefully he smartens up. Going out there saying how he doens't want anyone to be the leader and he wants everyone to be an equal, and then the next minutes start barking orders, is just dumb. I'm sure part of that was the edit, but still....

I want to see the ghost of the drowned chicken come back and haunt everyone.

The Final 6 for next season's Survivor is already out there too. :D . I won't say their names, but I will say it is a

Fans & Favorites

season & one of the returning players is

Cochran

Edited by Rico