''But I'm saving the taxpayers' money!''

"You hired someone with a conscience..."

Apparently they didn't, considering she seems to be making a fortune misleading the town board as she approves her own overtime, submitting it directly to payroll with no oversight.

WTF is a department Director doing getting any overtime? How is that not an exempt position?

Oh right, it's yet another union scam.

Yeah, that...

...but given that the woman sounds like the board has her working two other jobs aside from her own, I'm not unsympathetic to her collecting overtime. There's a hell of a lot of what-the-!@#$ery in that story (not an exempt position, improper staffing levels, the dingbat taking on extra responsibility above and beyond her own, the board approves any hiring and salary increases, but no one approves the overtime. :wacko). The fact that she's collecting overtime pay for overtime work isn't something I have an issue with.

The fact that she's collecting overtime pay for overtime work isn't something I have an issue with.

While I don't understand how an exempt employee gets overtime, let alone having the ability to approve their own OT, I'm also willing to have less of a problem if what she says is true...that if you want to make a point, then only work the hours your paid and let things fall apart. I know those kinds of employees. They suck.