Where has Easley been?

I dont believe its true....

I have seen numerous references to the rules.

There is conflicting info on the IR list.....When on the IR list you are prohibited from being part of the team in any way

Last year Easily was reported as being on the IR...but technically he likely wasnt placed on the Ir because the issue was NOT FOOTBALL RELATED due to a heart issue.

Under the rules he shouldnt have gone the Ir but something else...thus because its a non football related injury or illness thos year would not count against him.

If the Bills didnt do that...i bet they can get a league waiver for him given his circumstance because the issue with his heart prevented him from playing in 2011.

I am sorry i dont have time for the link, thought most all had read it in Buffalo Rumblings last week. something about his pay. I think it might have been written by Galliford whom i like and trust. I know this question has been asked a million times by now too. sorry.

I watched Easley Friday night when Thigpen was in. He never looked Easley's way. Not before the snap not after. He was totally focused on Roosevelt. I understand that has been Thigpen's history. He locks onto a WR and that's it. Now maybe its a case of not trusting the other guys I don't know. I do know that a WR can't make a play if know one throws him the ball.

I dont believe its true....

I have seen numerous references to the rules.

There is conflicting info on the IR list.....When on the IR list you are prohibited from being part of the team in any way

Last year Easily was reported as being on the IR...but technically he likely wasnt placed on the Ir because the issue was NOT FOOTBALL RELATED due to a heart issue.

Under the rules he shouldnt have gone the Ir but something else...thus because its a non football related injury or illness thos year would not count against him.

If the Bills didnt do that...i bet they can get a league waiver for him given his circumstance because the issue with his heart prevented him from playing in 2011.

Any player on injured reserve can be with the team and participate in meetings, conditioning training, etcetera. It's their choice, and they often choose to go home.

There is a difference between reserve/injured and reserve/non-football injury but I believe it has to do with medical coverage and salary, not participation level. I don't know what impact it has on season accrual, maybe you have something there.

"A team may place a player on injured reserve (reserve/injured list) who is "not immediately available for participation with a club". These players may not practice or return to the Active List for the rest of the season (including postseason games) that they are placed on injured reserve, but are allowed to be with the team.[2]

Edit: for 2012 my understanding this is being changed to allow a team to bring back one (1) player from IR to practice in wk 6 and play in wk 8.

Edited by Hopeful

I apologize if this has been covered in another thread but I haven't seen Easley do anything out there that makes the staff think hard about keeping him. I sense him getting cut. Thoughts?

Wow. Well, first of all, can't judge WR performance entirely by catches. A number of players as well as Chan have made the point that sometimes a guy makes a catch, but everyone on the team knows he's not where he was supposed to be and the QB had to adjust. I know the coaches are looking for route running and assignments on every play, whether or not the ball gets thrown to that WR. Of course, when the ball gets thrown in that direction, they also want to know did the WR adjust to make a catch on a bad throw or to defend it if necessary.

My sense from what Gailey is saying or not saying is that some of the other WR (Hagen, Martin) really know their assignments and are always in the right place at the right time, whether or not they're making catches (and IMO both of them have hands of stone, though maybe they're working on that). Graham isn't always in the right place at the right time but he's improving rapidly. My sense (again, from what Gailey is saying or not saying) is that Easley is also struggling with routes and assignments but is not showing the same learning curve as Graham.

Roosevelt makes me crazy because my sense, from how Thigpen locks on to him, is that he's all over his assignments and can be relied upon to be in the right place at the right time, but either he just can't get separation and get open against the #1s or else Chan has size/speed fixation and can't get over the fact that Rosie is has neither. He just makes catches and makes plays.