Howard Stern question mainly for Jboys

bbb

Not sure if he necessarily 'lets' them on YouTube....but from my pov....maybe he sees subscribers trending upward and realizes that might be a selling point. I know I was d/l the shows after I let my subscription run out...but I came back so I could listen live.

He hates YouTube. He is an artists artist and does not believe that content should be able to be taken from an artist to allow for smothers profit, especially for free. However, after he left E! And terrestrial he has had to rely on these sites with the changing of the times to draw up more awareness. HowardTV has its own change with plenty of info available for preview, like Lady Gaga. If he is letting ip up there then it is for publicity to draw you to the show. He always repeats that he keeps the show first and sure America's Got Howard is fun for him but it still is about the show and creates a lot or OC.

He hates YouTube. He is an artists artist and does not believe that content should be able to be taken from an artist to allow for smothers profit, especially for free. However, after he left E! And terrestrial he has had to rely on these sites with the changing of the times to draw up more awareness. HowardTV has its own change with plenty of info available for preview, like Lady Gaga. If he is letting ip up there then it is for publicity to draw you to the show. He always repeats that he keeps the show first and sure America's Got Howard is fun for him but it still is about the show and creates a lot or OC.

He does say show first but I don't necessarily think it's true anymore. He's only on three days a week and you're lucky to get that with his vacation time. Plus, half the show revolves around AGT talk.

That is strange. And, it's not like they are 10 minute clips only. They have a number that go over an hour, including the whole show from 9/12/01 for over 3 hours...............I thought you needed special permission to post things over ten minutes or so.

That is strange. And, it's not like they are 10 minute clips only. They have a number that go over an hour, including the whole show from 9/12/01 for over 3 hours...............I thought you needed special permission to post things over ten minutes or so.

YouTube/Google ignore copyright laws for their own benefit and then turn around and censor any others.

Howard is just one of a thousand celebrities fighting copyrights on Youtube. It is amazing that you can flag users easily without having to do much but if you select copyright you have to go thru a whole process of a certified letter, etc.

Edit: Even funnier, if you look up songs for artists like Bieber, Taylor Swift or other pop stars they are taken down in minutes when they release a new song. Yet, stuff with Stern and so many others takes a long time. What gives?

Edited by jboyst62

Edit: Even funnier, if you look up songs for artists like Bieber, Taylor Swift or other pop stars they are taken down in minutes when they release a new song. Yet, stuff with Stern and so many others takes a long time. What gives?

My guess would be better lawyers (label & personal), and more importantly profit potential.

Yeah, it's definitely a quicker profit potential. I've bought a tune on itunes when I couldn't find it on youtube. But, I'm not going to get sirius right away because I can't find a Stern clip.