Terrence McGee's days may be numbered in Buffalo

HOUSE

Umm, I'm not so sure about that. Even when he was healthy last season you could see that we has slowing down a bit. It is unfortunate, but it happens. CB relies heavily on speed, and Gilmore is pretty much a lock at this point. I would like him to make the team, but I highly doubt he would be tagging the #1 reciever.

Maybe so. All I know is that McGee was covering #1 WR's as recently as last year, so it is reasonable for me to assume that a HEALTHY McGee will continue to do the same until the young guys are ready to take over...which could very well be now...but Gilmore has yet to play an NFL game, and Williams was behind McGee in the depth chart last year.

That's all I'm saying.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe so. All I know is that McGee was covering #1 WR's as recently as last year, so it is reasonable for me to assume that a HEALTHY McGee will continue to do the same until the young guys are ready to take over...which could very well be now...but Gilmore has yet to play an NFL game, and Williams was behind McGee in the depth chart last year.

That's all I'm saying.

You might be right about all of this. I agree with most of it. However the most rediculous thing to assume on the Bills roster would be that McGee will ever be healthy again. He hasn't been healthy in years and he's even banged up just a week into camp. Odds are strongly against him ever playing more than a few more games. I hope I'm wrong, I really do because he is good when healthy still it's just that he never healthy anymore.

has he taken a snap at practice though? or anything that would qualify him as participating?

like i said before, i think once he participates in camp PUP is a no-go.

otherwise, hed be a perfect candidate. if its a lingering issue from last year and we screwed that up, id be disappointed. we will see though.

I'm not sure if he's taken snaps or not.

Edited by Luxy312

He hasn't taken a snap as far as I know, and there's continued commentary that he's not ready to coming from the front office.

He has taken snaps. He's been in with the 2s. He's also been riding the stationary bike alot.

He has taken snaps. He's been in with the 2s. He's also been riding the stationary bike alot.

I haven't seen him. Regardless, it doesn't matter. He's not 100% and not ready to be a starter at this point. Gilmore and Williams are ahead of him on the depth chart. Heck, Gilmore won the starting job in week 2 of camp. That should tell most homers that McGee is not what he used to be. That was pretty apparent to me the last couple of seasons.

I haven't seen him. Regardless, it doesn't matter. He's not 100% and not ready to be a starter at this point. Gilmore and Williams are ahead of him on the depth chart. Heck, Gilmore won the starting job in week 2 of camp. That should tell most homers that McGee is not what he used to be. That was pretty apparent to me the last couple of seasons.

Gilmore winning the starting job tells me FAR LESS about McGee than it does about Gilmore. He would have won the job even if McGee were 100% healthy.

GO BILLS!!!

Gilmore winning the starting job tells me FAR LESS about McGee than it does about Gilmore. He would have won the job even if McGee were 100% healthy.

GO BILLS!!!

This ---^

but Luxy is right. The last few seasons have left McGee fans wanting more.

FWIW McGee has been practicing. As I said, I was there on Sunday and saw him working with the 2s. I'll also be there again tomorrow and unless McGee gets injured even further I expect him to be working against Vince Young And Marcus Easley all night.

I think that they will give him till the final cuts to make the team. Hopefully the guy gets stronger as camp goes on, because I think that out of the slot he was a really good corner and I think with the other guys on the roster its possible he could be in a better situation. But I think that they will give him a fair shake to make the roster.

I think that they will give him till the final cuts to make the team. Hopefully the guy gets stronger as camp goes on, because I think that out of the slot he was a really good corner and I think with the other guys on the roster its possible he could be in a better situation. But I think that they will give him a fair shake to make the roster.

I agree. If he can get back to 100%, he'll be our slot corner. He's got the tools you want out of that position. He would have done that last season before getting hurt.

GO BILLS!!!