Aurora Shooting: Does Tighter Gun Control Change the Outcome?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying there is something wrong with the way things work in America?

You do a good job navigating your way between Gee, I Don't Know Street and I Can See Both Sides Of The Argument Avenue.

Probably a bad time to take a wrong left turn down I'll Try My Hand At Being A Dumbass Boulevard.

You do a good job navigating your way between Gee, I Don't Know Street and I Can See Both Sides Of The Argument Avenue.

Probably a bad time to take a wrong left turn down I'll Try My Hand At Being A Dumbass Boulevard.

Well, if I ever want to go there, at least I know who to ask for directions. Thanks, Sunshine

Thoughts & prayers to the victims and their families.

Tighter gun control, more gun laws, or taking away peoples 2nd amendment rights would not have changed the outcome. Bottom line criminals do not follow laws! Every time after a shooting spree some limousine liberal always want's to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it! It's not the answer to the problem.

This was a senseless act of violence and its unconscionable that someone would set out to do this. I'm a supporter of the death penalty. I think the death penalty might do more to deter acts of violence than passing more guns laws.

While it is a discussion that needs to be had, the problem isn't the law abiding gun owners. It is the crazy people that the law won't really affect, anyways.

So you advocate "do nothing" in the form of public regulation? Accepting Dev/Brain/Null&Voids argument the better alternative to anti-gun laws and coordinated government enforcement is deregulation, shifting the burden of civilian defense entirely to private enterprise and civilians? The accelerated proliferation of new weapons and subsequent massive company and civilian investments needed in security, training and weaponry sending the economy into depression given the huge reallocation of resources away from more productive activity? With the likely eventual outcome of severe economic distress and a massively armed civilian population being civil war and an end to the nation?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Thoughts & prayers to the victims and their families.

Tighter gun control, more gun laws, or taking away peoples 2nd amendment rights would not have changed the outcome. Bottom line criminals do not follow laws! Every time after a shooting spree some limousine liberal always want's to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it! It's not the answer to the problem.

This was a senseless act of violence and its unconscionable that someone would set out to do this. I'm a supporter of the death penalty. I think the death penalty might do more to deter acts of violence than passing more guns laws.

Since these sort of mass killings often (though not in this case) end in the death of the perpetrator I'm not sure that the death penalty would make any difference.

Tighter gun control, more gun laws, or taking away peoples 2nd amendment rights would not have changed the outcome. Bottom line criminals do not follow laws! Every time after a shooting spree some limousine liberal always want's to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it! It's not the answer to the problem. .

Ok you convinced me. No laws or enforcement at all. Because at fhe end of the day shooters gonna shoot, speeders gonna speed, sex offenders gonna offend, terrorists gonna blow up planes, robbers gonna rob, fraudsters gonna fraud and criminals gonna crime. I would however consider one exception: regulation of the Internet to reduce the amount of dumb sh#t dumb sh#ts like you keep posting.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

The PeeWee Herman retort. Great.

Sorry, Sunshine. I don't watch that genre.

So you advocate "do nothing" in the form of public regulation? Accepting Dev/Brain/Null&Voids argument the better alternative to anti-gun laws and coordinated government enforcement is deregulation, shifting the burden of civilian defense entirely to private enterprise and civilians? The accelerated proliferation of new weapons and subsequent massive company and civilian investments needed in security, training and weaponry sending the economy into depression given the huge reallocation of resources away from more productive activity? With the likely eventual outcome of severe economic distress and a massively armed civilian population being civil war and an end to the nation?

I didn't say that i advocate doing nothing. I am for thoughtful, intense debate between the two sides. Doing something because there was a tragedy and we feel that something must be done, isn't enough and usually causes problems.

All you guys are talking about how we should ban high capacity mags and "assault weapons". The fact is there is zero difference between a semi-auto hunting rifle and an AR-15. High capacity mags? Many lives were saved by the fact that the shooter's mag jammed, as big mags are very prone to do. Holmes could have easily killed many more people if used more, smaller magazines.

Ok you convinced me. No laws or enforcement at all. Because at fhe end of the day shooters gonna shoot, speeders gonna speed, sex offenders gonna offend, terrorists gonna blow up planes, robbers gonna rob, fraudsters gonna fraud and criminals gonna crime. I would however consider one exception: regulation of the Internet to reduce the amount of dumb sh#t dumb sh#ts like you keep posting.

Until you suggest something specific that would effectively address the issue your "do something" argument is meaningless, and no, calling for vague general regulation is not a plan. Looks like you're a few beers short of a 6 pack, Joe.

I didn't say that i advocate doing nothing. I am for thoughtful, intense debate between the two sides. Doing something because there was a tragedy and we feel that something must be done, isn't enough and usually causes problems.

you act as if its first time something like this has happened, while livin in a country ranked 7th on the list of homicide by firearms. Lumped in with a group of the most violent, lawless, drug lord run countries in the world like Columbia, Guatemala, Thailand and south Africa.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_gun_vio_hom_hom_wit_fir-crime-gun-violence-homicides-firearms

Heck even Mexico finished a full 10 spots behind us. For a country that holds itself up as some kind of bastion of civilized behavior, this is a disgraceful showing.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

you act as if this is the first time something like this has happened, while livin in a country ranked 7th on the list of homicide by firearms. Lumped it within a group of the most violent, lawless, drug lord run countries in the world like Columbia, Guatemala, Thailand and south Africa.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_gun_vio_hom_hom_wit_fir-crime-gun-violence-homicides-firearms

Heck we even Mexico finished a full 10 spots behind us. For a country that holds itself up as some kind of bastion of civilized behavior, this is a disgraceful showing.

Joe- mental illness is a sad thing. I personally had it affect my family for over a decade- none of us want things like this to happen. There are things we can and should do to prevent them- we need intelligent discourse and to avoid knee jerk reactions. Trust me- I live about 10 hours from what happened- Colorado has been through a lot in the past few months.

I don't hold us as a bastion of anything, I just try to do the best that I can.....

you act as if its first time something like this has happened, while livin in a country ranked 7th on the list of homicide by firearms. Lumped in with a group of the most violent, lawless, drug lord run countries in the world like Columbia, Guatemala, Thailand and south Africa.

Heck even Mexico finished a full 10 spots behind us. For a country that holds itself up as some kind of bastion of civilized behavior, this is a disgraceful showing.

All that shows is what % of the homicides within a country are gun related. If you're looking for a statistic to support your point you should pull per capita homicides, you !@#$ing moron.

Slice it from different angles and the results are similar. Here's another for example: The United States has by far the highest rate of gun deaths -- murders, suicides and accidents -- among the world's 36 richest nations, a government study found.

http://www.guncite.com/cnngunde.html

So hold on .....

Wait for it ......

Here comes ......

Kaboom!!!!

The people compiling the stats are no doubt Liberals!!!

Slice it from different angles and the results are similar. Here's another for example: The United States has by far the highest rate of gun deaths -- murders, suicides and accidents -- among the world's 36 richest nations, a government study found.

http://www.guncite.com/cnngunde.html

So hold on .....

Wait for it ......

Here comes ......

Kaboom!!!!

The people compiling the stats are no doubt Liberals!!!

Did you read your study?

But if you remove the city of Chicago, we drop all the way to number 47.